Please visit VillageBet for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Cardinal lowlife scumbag Pell ..!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 47484950>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 11:22pm
Judge, 

the curious thing is that where the Irish legacy is greatest - in Ireland itself, the United States and Australia - the most has been done to reveal the extent of the corruption of the Catholic Church.  It is only the tip of the oceberg but  in the Latin Church, in Europe and South & Central America, they haven't even scratched the surface.  

We are going to hear a lot more about the late Father Anthony Bongiorno as the reopened Maria James coronial inquiry reopens.  Bongiorno is the lead suspect in the murder.  Maria was stabbed 68 times on the day she confronted Bongiorno about his sexual abuse of her son Adam in 1980. 

Bongiorno was cleared by the police investigation (however it has been subsequently discovered that the bloodied quilt that cleared him belonged to an entirely different murder investigation suggesting evidence was tampered with in police custody) but before his death in 2002 Bongiorno was charged with child sex offences.   

Three witnesses said they had heard Bongiorno referring (approvingly), on several occasions, to "the old Spanish custom where the altar boy sleeps with the parish priest". On one of these occasions, Bongiorno was sitting in a chair with one of his victims on his knee.

While Bongiorno was in the witness box, the prosecution asked him: "Well, is it really an old Spanish custom?"   Bongiorno replied "Yes".

In response to Judge Crossley, Bongiorno said: "The Catholic Church in Spain, Italy and the Philippines is quite different from in Australia. As students for the priesthood we were often amazed at these differences and we often used to refer to this or that old Spanish custom."

This rang true with me.  One night in a taxi cafe in West Melbourne in the 1990's I almost chocked on my hamburger when another driver (of Mediterranean origin) declared at the top of his voice that he had been molested by the priest when he was a boy  

"We all were." he said " It wasn't so bad !"

In a article in today's New York Times reporting Pell's sentencing states-  

" Hundreds of priests have been accused of sex crimes in Italy, but few have been convicted, and ever fewer have gone to jail. The scope of the problem has, in part, been obscured because of the cozy relationship between church and state, say experts, where a culture of impunity has long protected abusive members of the clergy.

“There’s some kind of silent understanding that’s going on between the church authorities, and the police, the judges; there are some issues that are too sensitive to be investigated,” said Massimo Faggioli, an expert on Catholic church history at Villanova University in Pennsylvania. “This is as it’s always been in the last four, five, six, centuries.”

The article goes on to point out that Mexico has the second largest Catholic population in the world but in the past decade only 4 priests have been convicted on child sex charges in the past decade, while in The Philippines where resides the third largest Catholic community in the world but no priests there have been convicted of child sexual abuse, according to BishopAccountability.org.  

"A handful of priests and bishops have been publicly accused of sexual misconduct, but it is “very rare,” said Shay Cullen, a priest in the Philippines and founder of the Preda foundation, which helps victims of abuse.

“Denial and cover-up is rampant,” Father Cullen said. “If the truth ever breaks out,” he said, “there will an avalanche of cases.”

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 6:59am
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Believe it or not, what we as yet KNOW about pales in comparison to what’s been revealed in the States. But the church’s MO is disturbingly familiar. Much more to come, here and abroad, regarding this thoroughly rotten organisation.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/03/catholic-church-sexual-abuse-crisis-pittsburgh-grand-jury-report/

There's something missing in the last lines of that article about the pope's homily mentioning "the Great Accuser" (Satan) - in this and similar comments he was referring mainly to those within the church hierarchy who are trying to FIGHT the corruption and calling on francis to do something about it. Francis discredits and maligns them over and over again by saying they are self righteous hypocrites who are sowing division among their brethren etc. He also continually skirts the entrenched abuse issue by saying "we are all sinners" who should "love each other" blah blah.
"She's going through a growth phase." - GW
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 7:44am
Enough with the Francis obsession, stayer. This thing is systemic, worldwide and going on for (at least) decades, under a succession of Popes. There’s more than enough blame to share around a bit.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 8:13am
I went to catholic schools for 10 years ,taught by priests ,I never met anyone who said they were abused by a priest . In cardinal Pells case I believe he is certainly innocent .    The accuser is hiding under a clause that says he does not have to give his name ,he has nothing to lose .   The people on here who support Pell are very quiet ,they seem very timid to speak up for him .   But he will be proved to be innocent of this crime ,maybe not on the appeal but eventually.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:45am

Enough with the Francis obsession, stayer. This thing is systemic, worldwide and going on for (at least) decades, under a succession of Popes. There’s more than enough blame to share around a bit.

Hasnt been going on systematically in Hungarian Catholic churches.

If there is a list available, you will find the majority of pedos, are white anglo saxons of an english descent.
And that completely supersedes this as just a "church" problem.
Its like, 99% of the time a story like this pops up, even if its an Atheist, the culprit is a white anglo saxon.

So it begs the question, what the F#CK is wrong with white anglo saxons????
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:39am
I went to a Catholic school as well and not one priest told me he was fiddling with little boys, not one boy admitted he had been fiddled with but our Diocese was named as one of the worst in the RC. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:46am
But did anyone tell hatch, PT? If they didn’t it mustn’t have happened...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:50am
#WITCH HUNT
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:01pm
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:09pm

THE HUNGARIAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AND CHARGES OF PEDOPHILIA

No cases of paedophilia in Hungarian Church, well yes when they are covered up by the corrupot government Ouch and rewarded

The Hungarian government’s reaction to the whole affair is rather curious. Most likely at the suggestion of Zsolt Zsemjén, who pretty well represents the Catholic Church’s interests in the government, the Hungarian government awarded Julius Janus the Cross of the Order of Merit.

Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:35pm
'It didn't happen to me so it didn't happen.  '

It is the same 'logic' that says because there was scant reporting of child sexual abuse prior to the 1960's therefore there was little child sexual abuse occurring prior to the 1960's.  

Some people actually believe that.   

Because there is no reporting of child sex abuse in The Phillipines therefore there is no child sexual abuse in The Phillipines.

Yeah, right.

I don't know why the English speaking and historically predominantly Irish Catholic arms of the church have been the first to be exposed but it certainly does not mean that the level of offending within the English speaking church are any worse than the Latin Church.  

I would hazard a guess and say that in Australia and the United States the Catholic Church is not as closely integrated with the State as it is in Latin countries.  

In Ireland, while Catholicism is predominant in the Republic the Republic itself is very young, younger even than the Australian State.  The rift between the Church of Rome and the Church of England has also left a vulnerability in the English speaking churches that doesn't exist in the Latin churches.  

In Europe the church and state have been entwined basically since Constantine. Notably Ireland was not part of the Roman Empire, let alone the Holy Roman Empire which is integral to the evolution of the Roman Catholic Church.  

Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 4:39pm
3 words regarding white anglo saxons today:

Christchurch New Zealand
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

3 words regarding white anglo saxons today:

Christchurch New Zealand

bit of a not so magnificent obsession there, what exactly are you saying ?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 6:03pm

And in breaking news the Vatican just staged an "abuse summit"...
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I went to a Catholic school as well and not one priest told me he was fiddling with little boys, not one boy admitted he had been fiddled with but our Diocese was named as one of the worst in the RC. 

I went to a really fancy church-run school. Most of the priests have been found out to be perverts or abusers, and I was abused (not sexually) by one, who got moved on, and on, and on. When I heard he had died I sent the Archbishop of the place he was living in when he died an email about what he did, to me and to other boys. The response was nice, but offering me myriad of legal/ church things I could pursue, which I didn't care about doing. Was just nice to hear someone say sorry. Sort of.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 6:29pm
And have to say I think what has been done to Pell is terrible and Australian justice is being mocked around the Catholic world, which you won't hear about in Oz. Lots of "kangaroo court" jokes.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

And have to say I think what has been done to Pell is terrible and Australian justice is being mocked around the Catholic world, which you won't hear about in Oz. Lots of "kangaroo court" jokes.

Yeah, awful what's happened to this bloke. If only the thousands of victims had been shown such consideration. The "Catholic world" apparently still just doesn't get it.

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 7:22pm

Yeah, awful what's happened to this bloke. If only the thousands of victims had been shown such consideration. The "Catholic world" apparently still just doesn't get it.

Depends what you mean by "the Catholic world." The ones who believe in the Creed that defines it?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 7:25pm
You used the term.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 7:29pm
The Creed is meant to be the thing that lasts through time. If you are a "catholic" and don't believe most of it, you simply aren't a catholic. Go find another denomination/ religion/ worldview.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 7:31pm
And people increasingly are. And mercifully taking their kids with them.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 7:32pm
Fine and good. Don't blame them.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 7:41pm
So how many people here believe "beyond reasonable doubt" that Pell did that thing he's jailed for? I'm guessing noone.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 7:43pm
12 people who heard all the evidence did, the 12 that count. 
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 8:21pm

12 people who heard all the evidence did, the 12 that count. 

Pfft. As opposed to the 10-2: before.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 8:27pm
22-2 then
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 8:33pm

22-2 then

That's what someone who was in court said.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 8:35pm

22-2 then

That's what someone who was in court said.

Through his sister. You should know all about this stuff PT.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 12:38am

So how many people here believe "beyond reasonable doubt" that Pell did that thing he's jailed for? I'm guessing noone.
Me 🙋‍♂️
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 8:32am
Am I correct in saying that the judge summarised Pell like this?

1 No history of kiddy fiddling prior to the incident

2 5-10 minutes of kiddy fiddling

3 No kiddy fiddling since the incident and I am taking that in account in sentencing him

So on the judge's account Pell had one crazy episode of wildly risky kiddy fiddling in his whole life, which he undertook because he's so arrogant, but since that he has reformed. Is that correct? I didn't see the live sentencing.
"Even the things that I believe in the most, I doubt.”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 47484950>
  Share Topic