Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Cardinal lowlife scumbag Pell ..!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 81>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

This latest Pell stuff is going on for a VERY long time for those who care. Fascinating in a morbid way. What's going on?? Damage control? Arguments among the judges?

Pressure from the defence to wait until this latest Risdale matter is finalised, because Pell is allegedly implicated and there's a slight chance the prosecution may not prevail. 

You know, the one where the Church is maintaining it new nothing about the paedaphile Risdale despite moving him from one parish to another every time he ran out of pre-pubescent boys to f#ck up the sphincter.
Sponsored Links

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:41pm
Yep he’s not a freak.

Just the usual garden variety paedo,that’s been harboured for decades by a corrupt institution......

Jail should be good for his soul.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:10pm

Call off the Cardinal Pell witch-hunt

Many Australians are baying for Pell's blood. It's time for a dispassionate consideration of the facts.

Let me be very upfront. I am no fan of George Pell, and he is no fan of mine. It got to the stage a few years ago that he published a gratuitous defamation of me and the Jesuits. He said: 'Part of the key to understanding Brennan is that he's really not well educated in the Catholic tradition — in Catholic theology' and that with the Jesuits, Jesus 'has been almost displaced by (their) enthusiasm for social justice'.

I asked for an apology. Not only was none forthcoming, he wrote to me saying, 'I am afraid that your letter confirms my worst fears about your judgement and about the absence of a proper sense of respect for, and understanding of, things Catholic. This has nothing to do with post-graduate credentials, no reflection on your integrity, but touches on your Catholic sensibilities.'

It is time for those of us in the Church to stop paying undue deference to those who exercise ecclesiastical power in a fashion at odds with contemporary notions of transparency and equality. It's also time for all commentators to play the ball, and not the man.

George Pell's career spans three distinct periods when it comes to child sexual abuse.

Prior to 1987 when he was first made a bishop in Melbourne, he was a priest in Ballarat when Fr Gerald Ridsdale was abusing children constantly. There is no evidence that Pell had any more idea of what Ridsdale was up to at the time than did any others in the church, including journalist Paul Bongiorno who was then a priest in Ballarat.

Last week the Royal Commission sitting in Ballarat heard sworn evidence from some of Ridsdale's victims claiming that Pell later came to know of the abuse and did nothing. Pell quite rightly has indicated his willingness to return to Australia and to answer any questions under oath. We all await his evidence and the findings of the commission.  

Between 1987 and 1996, Pell was an auxiliary bishop to Archbishop Frank Little in Melbourne. Pell has constantly claimed he knew nothing of abuse in those days and was therefore in no position to do anything about it. No evidence has been produced proving that Pell knew anything at that time.

If the Royal Commission concludes without turning up any such evidence, the Catholic Church needs to accept that its mode of governance until 1996 was so opaque and operated with such disregard for the wellbeing of vulnerable children that not even a cleric as senior, clever and worldly as Pell could be expected to have known what was going on.

From the first day of his appointment as Archbishop of Melbourne in 1996, Pell went into overdrive seeking a means for dealing promptly and efficiently with abuse claims. There have been many hindsight criticisms of his efforts, but no one can fault his commitment to address the issue in a pioneering fashion when other institutions and other parts of the Church were still playing catch-up.

https://www.eurekastreet.com.au/article/call-off-the-cardinal-pell-witch-hunt

What is the actual evidence that Pell knowingly hid Ridsdale's pedophila? I know he has some disturbing views on pedophilia - abortion is worse than priests abusing children - pedophila is a crime you can be forgiven through repentance - I had no reason to turn my mind to the extent of the evil that Ridsdale had perpetrated. But that isn't knowing he's abusing children and then trying to protect Ridsdale.

"Two hundred years ago, 99.999 percent of human idiocy went unrecorded. Now we have the Internet."

Errol Morris
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:55pm
Pell's a prick of a bloke but he didn't do any of that stuff. It ain't complicated. He simply didn't do it. But that's not the bigger stuff...
"She's going through a growth phase." - GW
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 10:58pm
Did you see him not do it?
Only the best people.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Did you see him not do it?

I saw a lot of things while I was involved at the time of Pell in Melbourne, and knew the situation. How about you, PT,?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 11:52pm
I didn't not see anything either, I wouldn't presume that he didn't though, based on what I didn't see.
Only the best people.
Mr Prospector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Prospector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 12:12am
I went to school in a Christian Brothers (oxymoron) system and one of the brothers who was a teacher in our school was named in the Royal Commission as a person of interest . 
When he came into the locker rooms at school it was a unified call of backs to the wall , and even though I know of no incidence of abuse by this creep I can't understand anyone who would side with this mob of hypocrites for any reason or under any circumstances . 

The Church has a lot to answer for in the cover up of these crimes and this is Pell's sin and crime as surely as if he had perpetrated the act himself . 

Guilty  . 

Biblical quote : The Bible does not specifically use the term child abuse. What the Bible does tell us is this: children have a special place in God’s heart and anyone who harms a child is inviting God’s wrath upon himself. When Jesus’ disciples tried to keep children from coming to Jesus, He rebuked them and welcomed the children to His side, saying, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these” (Mark 10:14). Then He took the children in His arms and blessed them (verse 16). The Bible promotes child blessing, not child abuse.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:12am
And on and on it goes.........who can’t see a pattern? Or is it just an endless line of coincidences? 🤔😳
td bank near me right now
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:26am
The Bible May promote child blessing, but unfortunately the Catholic Church has evolved into a veritable haven for paedophiles, and endeavours to shield them with a cloak of respectability. Surely, for the sake of all the innocent and vulnerable children, it’s time to stop the indoctrination of people through the fervour of religion, and smash the biggest paedophilia ring in the modern world? Albeit, it is in all probability an ancient one.
And yes, I went to catholic schools, I saw a fair bit of cruelty, but no obvious sexual abuse of fellow students. Sure they don’t, or can’t, abuse every kid that goes past them. They choose their victims, groom them, take advantage of fear and retribution to ensure submission and silence,. How many kids were ignored or punished when they dared to speak up to parents who held the tormentors in godlike esteem? Never mind the poor souls in boys homes and bad circumstances. Hey, No one said they are stupid!
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Mr Prospector Mr Prospector wrote:

I went to school in a Christian Brothers (oxymoron) system and one of the brothers who was a teacher in our school was named in the Royal Commission as a person of interest . 
When he came into the locker rooms at school it was a unified call of backs to the wall , and even though I know of no incidence of abuse by this creep I can't understand anyone who would side with this mob of hypocrites for any reason or under any circumstances . 

The Church has a lot to answer for in the cover up of these crimes and this is Pell's sin and crime as surely as if he had perpetrated the act himself . 

Guilty  . 

<span style="font-size: 16px; caret-color: rgb37, 37, 37; color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif; : rgb255, 255, 255;">Biblical quote : </span><span style="font-size: 16px; caret-color: rgb37, 37, 37; color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif; : rgb253, 253, 253;">The Bible does not specifically use the term </span><em style="font-size: 16px; -sizing: border-; margin: 0px; caret-color: rgb37, 37, 37; color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif;">child abuse<span style="font-size: 16px; caret-color: rgb37, 37, 37; color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif; : rgb253, 253, 253;">. What the Bible does tell us is this: children have a special place in God’s heart and anyone who harms a child is inviting God’s wrath upon himself. When Jesus’ disciples tried to keep children from coming to Jesus, He rebuked them and welcomed the children to His side, saying, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these” (</span>Mark 10:14<span style="font-size: 16px; caret-color: rgb37, 37, 37; color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif; : rgb253, 253, 253;">). Then </span>He took the children in His arms<span style="font-size: 16px; caret-color: rgb37, 37, 37; color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif; : rgb253, 253, 253;"> and blessed them (verse 16). The Bible promotes child </span><i style="font-size: 16px; -sizing: border-; margin: 0px; caret-color: rgb37, 37, 37; color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif;">blessing<span style="font-size: 16px; caret-color: rgb37, 37, 37; color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif; : rgb253, 253, 253;">, not child </span><i style="font-size: 16px; -sizing: border-; margin: 0px; caret-color: rgb37, 37, 37; color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif;">abuse<span style="font-size: 16px; caret-color: rgb37, 37, 37; color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif; : rgb253, 253, 253;">.</span><br style="font-size: 16px; -sizing: border-; margin: 0px; caret-color: rgb37, 37, 37; color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif;">

Just saying the message from Jesus there is "such as these" - not just literal children, but those who are like children in their faith and trust. It's a major theme through the old and new testaments.
Jesus also spoke out against corruption and hypocrisy among religious types, which is what got him crucified by Rome at the time.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 12:29pm
My last word on the subject -
IF God/Jesus were real,
IF the bible and all its miracles played out as written,
IF God/Jesus actually created the world and all its intricate beauty -
He would look at what has transpired, judge mankind on the havoc we have caused on so many fronts -
And he would wipe us from the earth, and start again 🤔🌏
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 12:49pm
Or sit back and watch mankind do it themselves......
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 4:36pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 4:39pm
Simples Thumbs Up
Only the best people.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 2:36pm
Just on the tv now ,   a man charged with rape cannot bring up that the accuser has made 12 false charges of rape in the past . Unbelievable that there is a law like this .   I think Pell is in the same case .   His accuser has made a false claim ,and up to now is getting away with it .   Pell is innocent has had his reputation wrecked , and is in jail .   Time for a change in the law ,let us know who the accuser is so that we can look at his truthfulness .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 3:20pm
Here we go again......

Once again, the despicable paedophile had the best QC that money could buy, spending almost two days trying to pick holes in the witness testimony.

They couldn’t, and Pell was found guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

There is clearly nothing wrong with the character of the witness.

It’s not like he covered for his mates for decades, and trampled over vulnerable victims in the name of the Church.
Pell for should be charged with accessory after the fact, and should never see daylight again.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 3:33pm
You are wrong Rusty ,very wrong, time will tell.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by hatch hatch wrote:

What will happen is this:

- If his appeal is successful you will dance up and down like the joke that you are proclaiming that you were right all along about him being innocent.
- If his appeal fails you will dance up and down like the joke that you are proclaiming that the system is broken and that Pell is an innocent man in prison.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 4:06pm
Pell has been found guilty by a jury of his peers based on the evidence of one witness - the victim.

#believethevictimsoopsunlessstheyarelyingpedosthemselves

Carl Beech: 'VIP abuse' accuser jailed for 18 years

A man who made false allegations of murder and child sexual abuse against public figures has been jailed for 18 years.

Carl Beech, 51, from Gloucester, was sentenced for 12 counts of perverting the course of justice, one of fraud, and for several child sexual offences.

Mr Justice Goss said Beech "repeatedly and maliciously told lies to the police" and showed "no remorse".

The Metropolitan Police spent £2m looking into Beech's allegations.

The judge told Newcastle Crown Court that Beech was "an intelligent, resourceful, manipulative and devious person" who "accused living persons of the highest integrity and decency of vile acts".

'False and malicious'

People falsely accused by Beech, and relatives of some of those who have died since the investigation began, said they were the victims of "a totally unjustified witch hunt".

They were also critical of those who publicised the allegations.

Former Conservative MP Harvey Proctor, accused by Beech of being involved in murdering two boys, broke down in court at times as he read a victim impact statement.

He said Beech's "false and malicious lies" had caused "ordinary people to revile and despise" him and accused police of "misconduct" over their handling of the investigation.

Lady Brittan said the impact of the allegations against her late husband, former home secretary Lord (Leon) Brittan, was "indescribable, incalculable and unending" and resulted in her having to arrange security at his funeral.

"My husband's name has now been cleared, but he will never know this," she said.

Known as "Nick" in initial media reports, Beech accused senior politicians, army and security chiefs of sadistic sexual abuse and claimed to have witnessed boys being murdered in the 1970s and 1980s.

The former NSPCC volunteer's claims led to a two-year Met Police investigation, Operation Midland, which closed in March 2016 with no arrests or charges made.

Beech was then referred for investigation by Northumbria Police, and it was discovered that he was himself a paedophile.

He pleaded guilty in January to possessing hundreds of indecent images of children and to covertly filming a teenage boy.

Prosecutor Tony Badenoch said the evidence showed that Beech "derived sexual pleasure from graphically describing the violent sexual abuse of young boys" and "enjoyed the attention and celebrity".

Among the establishment figures Beech wrongly accused of sexual abuse were former prime minister Sir Edward Heath, former Labour MP Lord Janner and ex-MI6 boss Sir Maurice Oldfield.

He accused his stepfather, Major Raymond Beech, of raping him and passing him to public figures to be abused.

The major's daughter, Victoria Taylor, said in a statement read in court that the family "totally refute" these claims.

more ...

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 4:14pm

Which bit is wrong?

Did Pell not have a high profile QC?
Did the QC not interrogate the witness for almost 2 days?

Did Pell not move “problem priests” from parish to parish each time the heat got too hot?
Did Pell not support one of the worst paedophiles in the country during his trial?
Did Pell not treat victims with contempt, play hardball and offer lowball settlements to vulnerable people, threatening to put them through wringer if they held out for reasonable compensation.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 5:20pm
Look at the evidence Rusty ,he is innocent.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 5:23pm

STOP IT!

You don’t know the evidence you fool.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 5:26pm
How long has he been banged up now hatch?

God's will I reckon.
Only the best people.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 9:14am
Pell will enjoy hell
EAD
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 11:57am
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

STOP IT!

You don’t know the evidence you fool.

Time will tell Rusty.   I will remember what you have stated.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Which bit is wrong?

Did Pell not have a high profile QC?
Did the QC not interrogate the witness for almost 2 days?

Did Pell not move “problem priests” from parish to parish each time the heat got too hot?
Did Pell not support one of the worst paedophiles in the country during his trial?
Did Pell not treat victims with contempt, play hardball and offer lowball settlements to vulnerable people, threatening to put them through wringer if they held out for reasonable compensation.

All irrelevant to the particular case, and the valid point Hatch made.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 1:36am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 1:38am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 4:24pm

Melbourne Archbishop Peter Comensoli would rather ‘keep the seal’ of confession than report child sexual abuse

Melbourne’s most senior Catholic figure would risk jail time rather than report child abuse revealed in confession, he says.

Melbourne’s most senior Catholic figure would risk jail time rather than report child sexual abuse revealed in confession, he says.

Archbishop Peter Comensoli, who has been in the job for 12 months, said today that he would “keep the seal” if somebody reported child sexual abuse to him during the sacrament of confession.

The Archbishop made the comments on ABC Radio Mornings when host John Faine asked him what he would do in such a hypothetical scenario.

It follows the introduction of a bill to Victoria’s Parliament today that would make religious ministers mandatory reporters of abuse suspicions alongside police, teachers, medical practitioners and early childhood reporters.

The bill would mean priests who do not report child abuse revealed to them could be jailed for up to three years for their silence. more...

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/politics/melbourne-archbishop-peter-comensoli-would-rather-keep-the-seal-of-confession-than-report-child-sexual-abuse/news-story/7f9255fad0826ac97644a946f38ce127

Only the best people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5859606162 81>
  Share Topic