Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Cardinal lowlife scumbag Pell ..!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 83>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 10:47am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Sorry Max, thats not proof of a god.
It is proof to me of the existence of the 'beyond', which is front and centre of all the major religions. I am not in the business of "proving" Gods. Though I'm pretty confident it is a fool's game to think it even possible. And the game of asserting (like Hawking and Dawkins) that there is no God, rank fraudulence.

Hawking and Dawkins are scientists, they simply do not believe that God exists in the form that religions claim, now I guarantee you they would be happy to believe there might be other life in the universe, Aliens if you will, so why can't two scientists believe in other worldly life but not believe in the God that most religions believe in...?? there is distinct difference between what religion calls god and other lifeforms from other worlds..

You seem over enthusiastic to claim Hawking and Dawkins as fools yet at the same time you yourself make a claim that cannot be tested as superior tho theirs..??

have you ever thought that your 'strange' interactions are possibly a mental disorder..?

Sponsored Links

Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 10:53am

Sorry Max, thats not proof of a god.
It is proof to me of the existence of the 'beyond', which is front and centre of all the major religions. I am not in the business of "proving" Gods. Though I'm pretty confident it is a fool's game to think it even possible. And the game of asserting (like Hawking and Dawkins) that there is no God, rank fraudulence.

As far as testing what all religion calls God they have yet to be disproved...

speaking to a pretend person by yourself is called insanity, when it's done in a group it's called religion...

I have no problem with what Hawking and Dawkins have said, I'd be worried if that hadn't taken the line they have, at least they are true to their reasoning's, whereas religion is super fluid and likes to credit everything happening to God, what a terribly weak way to cop out as human..
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 11:03am
Actually Fiddles they credit everything GOOD that happens is God's work yet everything BAD is simple human frailty and folly. That is delusional.

Good on Pacquiao for sticking to his catholic beliefs but as a Phillipino shouldn't he be more put out that his God lets typhoons cause misery for his people year in year out rather than two same sex people engaging in back door action and bushy bowl munching?
Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 11:08am
if god came down + proved that he/she existed
what would be required for everyone to be satisfied that it wasn't a hoax etc?
--

what would be the result of that if proven beyond any doubt?

i presume everyone would live in the way god wanted us to, if they knew 100% he/she was legit..
that follows that there'd be no point with this existence at all..so that god proving his/her existence
would basically be the end of life as we know it..armageddon, is that what the non believers want?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 11:09am
max a tip for you, if you want to enter the other world intentionally may I suggest DMT as it's the quickest fastest route to that place...

as a veteran of some 300 odd experiences in my hey day I can attest that there is indeed something else going on around us, and I'm fully aware of what it might be, and I can with 99.9% accuracy claim it's nothing like what religion claims it to be...

We live in one particular narrow dimension with very narrow hearing and visual bands, but I can assure you there are many many more areas where life exists outside of what we experience...

DMT is in our brains in the Pineal gland, science has yet to understand what it's doing there, and why it's there, taking it is completely non toxic, it shatters this world and you get a free ride and glimpse for a few minutes of what else is out there...perhaps your disorder is somehow nothing more than a small chemical imbalance..

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Ecair Issoire Ecair Issoire wrote:

--

i presume everyone would live in the way god wanted us to, if they knew 100% he/she was legit..
that follows that there'd be no point with this existence at all..so that god proving his/her existence
would basically be the end of life as we know it..armageddon, is that what the non believers want?

He forms a national racing body
Makes Carlton good
I could go on

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 11:32am
My "disorder", fiddles ? I just go with the evidence. Like a good scientist would. Wink
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 11:37am

--

Rather large presumption to make mate. If anything, I would be even angrier if this dude decided to make himself appear now, when hes let so much sh.t happen to the world that he could have prevented in his name.
Non believers are only interested in making good of this life Ecair. The world would be a much better place if people focussed on that rather than an obsession to get into the next one.
The overwhelming majority of atheists aren't interested in anything other than being good people. This shouldn't have to come from a religion.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 11:38am

My "disorder", fiddles ? I just go with the evidence. Like a good scientist would. Wink

What does the 'good scientist ' in you say about DMT..??

I recommend you watch the video I posted and when you have time what the whole documentary 'DMT the Spirit molecule'.

This was proper clinical scientific trails of this compound, if you want to talk about God or afterlife then I'll happily accommodate the notion a chemical found in our body is a clue..

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 11:45am
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 11:52am

Isnt this similar to the Ayahuasca tea Fiddles from Peru? Meant to also be mind altering.

Question though, what makes you assume this is another world, and not just your brain playing tricks on you?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 11:54am

--

Rather large presumption to make mate. If anything, I would be even angrier if this dude decided to make himself appear now, when hes let so much sh.t happen to the world that he could have prevented in his name.
Non believers are only interested in making good of this life Ecair. The world would be a much better place if people focussed on that rather than an obsession to get into the next one.
The overwhelming majority of atheists aren't interested in anything other than being good people. This shouldn't have to come from a religion.

You are angry with what you regard as a non-existent entity ? How crazy is that ? It would be like getting angry with the Easter Bunny for not calling ! This is a very old gripe, that is easily answered. Without the opposites, there is nothing. No darkness without light. No good, without bad. As Shakespeare observed, nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. To believe otherwise, is to remain in childishness. Rampaging armies are "good" if they are liberating you from oppression, "bad" if placing you under it. I also believe behaviour modification based on the fear of punishment or non-reward in an afterlife, is bound to avail you of nothing, in any world beyond. How could it be otherwise ? You have traded something of lesser value, for something greater, you hope. You are a trader, and as Christ says, "traders will not enter the Kingdom !" Wink
Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 11:58am

--

you'd be angrier, but given the options, going foward, i'm guessing you'd be tempted to
get on board the gravy train.

fair enough re the 2nd paragraph.
fair enough.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 11:59am
Well Max, in EI's question, he is no longer non-existent, so not sure what your point is. I would be angry hes taken this long to show his face and even more dismissive of his purpose.
I shan't be holding my breath for this to eventuate anyways......

#could be she or it too....
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 12:01pm
Makes you CROSS aye   ( pardon the pun )

I am desperate to get to heaven.
     I won't ever have to tolerate Fiddles again.
TRUMP, Creating jobs in IRAN.
Hahahahahaha ,   has to get the prize.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 12:03pm

--

you'd be angrier, but given the options, going foward, i'm guessing you'd be tempted to
get on board the gravy train.

fair enough re the 2nd paragraph.
fair enough.

Absolutely not. Seriously. I am not interested in eternity. I am not afraid of death. I accept it as an inevitable consequence of life.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 12:03pm

Isnt this similar to the Ayahuasca tea Fiddles from Peru? Meant to also be mind altering.

Question though, what makes you assume this is another world, and not just your brain playing tricks on you?

I call it another world because this one we see and live in here ceases to exist, it's the same experience for all who experience it, it basically removes you from here and plants you in an afterlife type setting I guess you can cal it, there is no light there however, it's completely dark and everything is lit up from inside. very hard to say what in words, it's like a place of no time and pure love, everything connects in a meaningful way..

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 12:09pm

Well Max, in EI's question, he is no longer non-existent, so not sure what your point is. I would be angry hes taken this long to show his face and even more dismissive of his purpose.

There is no gain without loss, It is simply not what humans have evolved into, to live in some utopia where nothing can go "wrong". All I can see in that is utter inertia, and a cessation of free will.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 12:20pm
What are you talking about Max? I seriously have no idea what point you are trying to make here.

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 12:26pm

There is no gain without loss, It is simply not what humans have evolved into, to live in some utopia where nothing can go "wrong". All I can see in that is utter inertia, and a cessation of free will.

You mean like Heaven??Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 12:29pm

What are you talking about Max? I seriously have no idea what point you are trying to make here.

You are railing against a God you seemingly don't believe in, for not intervening in the world in a way you deem appropriate. Presumably to maintain some utopia where only "good" things happen. I say that is not a world that humans are fitted for, and would involve a life devoid of free will and initiative. You would be no more than a witness, a cypher, a non-entity. This utopian wrong-headedness is remarkably common in the world.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 12:31pm

You want heaven on earth, that is your error. Mortals are not adapted to it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 12:39pm
I suppose if God can't intervene to make everyone back the winner, in every race, we ought to be angry. But we also know that kind of utopia is impossible, in the world we live in. I can't speculate what the "next" world would allow.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 12:45pm
No good him sending his son back here to represent him. As a Palestinian he would end up on Manus Island awaiting deportation. We wouldn't find out anything.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 2:15pm

You want heaven on earth, that is your error. Mortals are not adapted to it.

Complete nonsense. I have never said anything like that. Stop putting words in my mouth. I accept good and bad.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 4:53pm
As I said, this thread is not about the reality of the pell case, compassion for victims, desire to bring justice and healing etc, which is all worth discussing maturely. Rather, it's an opportunity to join in the modern parlour game of arguing for/against the existence of God - especially the christian one of course, with a whole lot of prejudice and very little attempt at reason or respect.
"She's going through a growth phase." - GW
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 4:59pm
Probably correct Stayer, and perhaps another instance of the famous TBV Segue which most of us have been guilty of over the years.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

As I said, this thread is not about the reality of the pell case, compassion for victims, desire to bring justice and healing etc, which is all worth discussing maturely. Rather, it's an opportunity to join in the modern parlour game of arguing for/against the existence of God - especially the christian one of course, with a whole lot of prejudice and very little attempt at reason or respect.

We did hear you the first time, but thanks for reminding usWink
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 5:20pm
How much more can be said about Pell at this time? Once he gives his evidence the thread will likely get back on topic, but in the meantime.... 
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 5:27pm
Fair enough. Carry on...
"She's going through a growth phase." - GW
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 83>
  Share Topic