Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Cardinal lowlife scumbag Pell ..!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 33343536>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:22am

The church hierarchy only functioned to provided these perverts with fresh meat, and the claim that they did not know of the perversion is the least convincing lie that has ever been fabricated - and typical of the moral vacuum that exists in this deeply corrupt church.

[/QUOTE]

disgusting , putrid scum
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

This was the same tactic adopted by the defense of convicted pedophile (and my former principal) Christian Brother Robert Best :  Multiple charges  were split into separate cases and heard by separate juries in an attempt to keep Best's form as a serial child rapist from the jurors.  

Ultimately it didn't work and Best is doing 18 years for the rape and abuse of children.  It blew out the cost of his 'defense' to more the $1.5 million but the Catholic Church was more than willing to pick up the tab - but provided nothing in the way of support for the people Best beat raped and molested.  

Best was only tried for a fraction of the offences he committed.  The earliest offence he was tried for was the rape of 9 year old Paul, a profoundly deaf boy at St Alipius Primary School in 1969. Best was found guilty by jury of the buggery of Paul in 2010, more than 15 years since legal proceedings first commenced against him.

Paul told the court in his impact statement (which was read out by the prosecutor), that other clergy knew what Best was doing — and this knowledge has worsened Paul's life-long feeling of hurt.

Paul was in Brother Gerald Fitzgerald's Grade 3 class. Brother Best (the school principal, who was teaching Grade 6) called Paul to his office. Aware of Best's fondness for belting the boys, the nervous child entered and was told by Best: "It's all right. Just want to talk to you."

Best then sexually penetrated the boy (defined in court as "penis into anus"), the court was told.

Soon afterwards, Paul told his own class teacher, Brother Fitzgerald, what Best had done. Fitzgerald responded by hitting him, the court heard. Fitzgerald then asked the boy again what happened and when the boy repeated the claim he was struck again. After being asked a third time, the boy replied: "Nothing happened."

The court was told that Paul could not bring himself to tell his parents, so he approached a Catholic priest. The priest responded with a "backhander" and threatened his life, saying: 'If you tell anyone what happened I will f***ing kill you'.

The court was also told that, on one occasion, Brother Fitzgerald walked into a room where Best molesting a boy and forcing one of his schoolmates to join in the abuse. Brother Fitzgerald merely chuckled and closed the door, the court heard.

Many buggery charges against Best were downgraded to 'indecent assault' in 2011 when Best, after 15 years of pleading not guilty to every single charge against him suddenly agreed to plead guilty if the buggery charges involving the child Jamie in Geelong  were reduced to the lesser charge.  

Best continually appealed whenever he was convicted and even won a couple of appeals but the retrials that were granted were never conducted.  The Church knew Best was guilty, and the more time passed the more victims came forward.  

The Church knew Best was a child rapist in the 1970's and their response was to move him around.  He was sent to Melbourne to my school as principal in the mid 1970's where he continued to offend.  The boys knew what he was.  

He was actually the head of the Christian Brothers community in Box Hill but his offending was so chronic that he was withdrawn from teaching duties and virtually locked in his office where he could be seen peering down from his window, Mrs Bates like, as the boys came out to play.

During Best's term as principal at St Alipius the school chaplain and parish priest was the notorious child rapist Father Gerald Ridsdale who resided at the sacristy adjacent to the school.  His curate and co-resident was young Father George Pell. 

Note : Everyone of the four Christian Brothers at St Alpius was a child molester. The only other staff member was a woman. 

Three of the four are convicted child rapists,  the fourth Brother Gerald Fitzgerald who was by all reports every bit as bad as Best, died before charges could be brought against him.  

Another the notorious Brother Ted Dowland was also one of my teachers.  He too had been moved from Ballarat following 'incidents' at St Patricks College and let loose on the schoolboys of Melbourne.  

The church hierarchy only functioned to provided these perverts with fresh meat, and the claim that they did not know of the perversion is the least convincing lie that has ever been fabricated - and typical of the moral vacuum that exists in this deeply corrupt church.

Thanks for posting this Tontonan. I'm horrified,  and very sad, but most of all extremely angry at both these perverted hypocrites and those responsible for knowingly overlooking what was happening. Each is as bad as the other. Little wonder the church lobbied so hard to stop a RC. But it wasn't just church people who turned a blind eye. Catholic coppers and sympathisers in authority did the same thing 
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 5:21pm
It's disgusting that it has taken this long for anything to come out re all the cover ups and corruption and downright Evil, to use an unfashionable word. And it's even more disgusting that it continues. The last Pope, named Benedict, was trying to do something about it, and resigned because he knew he was too weak to tackle the powerful groups around the world and in the Vatican hierarchy who perpetuate it (and even actively promote sexual deviants to positions of power.) The next Pope who was supposed to clean up the mess, the popular Pope Francis, has gone back to cover ups and corruption on a scale that is mind boggling and revolting. You won't hear the media say what the truth is - a network of sexually deviant power players at the highest levels. Not saying Pope Francis is one of them, but some of his best mates are. He even tried to save them when they were exposed, can you believe it?

FWIW, Pell is not one of that crew. In fact he was helping to expose them. I know that will sound like BS to people reading this, but that's totally understandable, considering how horrible the issue is. Pell may well have done some slightly creepy thing at some point, and may have joined the cowardly culture of cover ups to further his "career" (I doubt both, personally, but one or both might be true) - but to equate him to freaks like Robert Best is going too far. Again, I totally understand why people would instinctively want to hate him just as much as the worst bastards though.
"She's going through a growth phase." - GW
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 5:31pm
And again FWIW, and I would only do this on an anonymous forum!, I was physically and psychologically (not sexually) abused by a priest when I was 14, and have lived through what victims live through - the secrecy, the shame, the shock at people silencing you when you finally have the courage to speak up, the cover ups, the pain of hearing that it has happened to other people at places the priest gets shifted around to, etc. I've also had friends in seminaries and have been involved in catholic groups as an academic etc, and I know how common all of this stuff is. I'm not just a paper cut-out catholic defender. But I will always defend my Faith, because it's bigger than the people who pretend to subscribe to it.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 5:37pm

FWIW, Pell is not one of that crew. In fact he was helping to expose them. I know that will sound like BS to people reading this, but that's totally understandable, considering how horrible the issue is. Pell may well have done some slightly creepy thing at some point, and may have joined the cowardly culture of cover ups to further his "career" (I doubt both, personally, but one or both might be true) - but to equate him to freaks like Robert Best is going too far. Again, I totally understand why people would instinctively want to hate him just as much as the worst bastards though.[/QUOTE]

I can accept that, he was convicted but I don't know the seriousness of the charges.

It is possible he is not in the same league as some of the devious, manipulative, filthy deviants in the church, I don't know enough about it
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 5:43pm
Good post, whale. Thanks for being fair and reasonable.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 6:55pm
Even before his latest transgressions, Pell struck me as the archetypal kiss up/kick down corporate stooge. Protect the brand at all costs. I come from a very Catholic background and the attitude toward him from family and friends (some heavily involved in the Church) ranges from indifference to outright contempt.

Sadly these "corporate" types are the ones who rise to the positions of power. The best of them are still at the grassroots level, the ones trying to provide pastoral care. 
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:07pm
True enough, Judge. We'd need a different thread to talk about the stuff you raise.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:10pm
Am with the Judge on this one.  

The Doc must for one must be fairly straining at the bit on this, pending his re-instatement that is, before producing his post-suspension perpetually pink purposeless in not pointless posts about the purported puritanical Pell.  Wink

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:13pm
Have to add yes of course Pell was the climbing type you describe,
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Am with the Judge on this one.  

The Doc must for one must be fairly straining at the bit on this, pending his re-instatement that is, before producing his post-suspension perpetually pink purposeless in not pointless posts about the purported puritanical Pell.  Wink

Holy alliteration, Batman! That reminds me of the great Commissioner Gordon's comments about that pernicious, perfidious prankster The Penguin.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:34pm

Pell the Pedo?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:38pm
BTW- he might not post as much as some, but there is no one in here worth reading more (be it racing or...anything really), than Tontonan. 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 7:43pm
Hard to disagree.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 8:31pm
Its worth noting, all these scumbags are  WHITE ANGLO SAXONS.

As far as Im concerned, this whole thing is revealing more about white anglo saxons, than the church.

And their breeding? England.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 9:12pm
Yeah...Anglos and Catholics go together like...

Learn some history, for crying out loud.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:27pm
What religion do they practice in Hungary ??
I thought Ireland was the predominate catcholic land , in the UK ?
animals before people.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2018 at 11:28pm
predominant,,,Unhappy
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

FWIW, Pell is not one of that crew. In fact he was helping to expose them. I know that will sound like BS to people reading this, but that's totally understandable, considering how horrible the issue is. Pell may well have done some slightly creepy thing at some point, and may have joined the cowardly culture of cover ups to further his "career" (I doubt both, personally, but one or both might be true) - but to equate him to freaks like Robert Best is going too far. Again, I totally understand why people would instinctively want to hate him just as much as the worst bastards though.

I can accept that, he was convicted but I don't know the seriousness of the charges.

It is possible he is not in the same league as some of the devious, manipulative, filthy deviants in the church, I don't know enough about it
[/QUOTE]

He was found guilty of personally sexually abusing 2 choir boys in 1990, not covering it up. Actually doing it himself.

During the four weeks of testimony, the jury of twelve heard from the former Master of Ceremonies of the cathedral, its former organist, and other choirboys during the same period of the alleged incident.

Much of the testimony centered on whether or not it would have been possible for Pell to have been alone with the members of the choir and whether it would have been physically possible for Pell to engage in such actions while wearing his mass vestments.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 9:43am
Would Jesus be a Catholic? I can't imagine him poncing about in silly theatrical costumes and living in a palace. Actually the relationship between Jesus Christ and Christianity looks fairly tenuous to an atheist observer. I mean, Jesus didn't write one word of the Bible did he? It's all stuff that others made up or stuff he allegedly said. Pretty weird.LOL
"Even the things that I believe in the most, I doubt.”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 9:56am
Can you imagine what the Christian Right here and particularly America would have made of Jesus were he around today? Goddam commie SJW!!
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Would Jesus be a Catholic? I can't imagine him poncing about in silly theatrical costumes and living in a palace. Actually the relationship between Jesus Christ and Christianity looks fairly tenuous to an atheist observer. I mean, Jesus didn't write one word of the Bible did he? It's all stuff that others made up or stuff he allegedly said. Pretty weird.LOL

whats weird.

do you think mankind just happened?

recording of history is open to interpretation; handed down, by word before recording by what ever means. In somes cases centuries later. and then it will be subjective, at times recorded by learned people,  who can write.

does that sound much different to todayLOL

for an atheist, such as yourself, who seems to be in the position to judge, watch Mary Beard and "Civilizations" on sbs. 

as judge would say, learn some history.

Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 10:23am
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Can you imagine what the Christian Right here and particularly America would have made of Jesus were he around today? Goddam commie SJW!!

If he had tried to get into Australia he would currently be on Manus Island or Nauru awaiting transfer to NZ or the US on a refugee swap deal.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 1:24pm
Nice lot of caring, compassionate selfless hypocrites Ouch

Pope admits priests kept nuns in sexual slavery

Pope Francis has for the first time publicly acknowledged the scandal of priests and bishops sexually abusing nuns and says he is committed to doing more to fight the problem.

Francis noted that Pope Benedict XVI had taken action against a France-based order after some of its religious sisters had been reduced to "sexual slavery" at the hands of the priest who founded the order and other priests.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/pope-admits-priests-kept-nuns-in-sexual-slavery/ar-BBTdyO6?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 5:35pm
That's why nuns always go around in pairs ... 

so that one nun can make sure that the other nun gets none.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 5:52pm
Francis dodging the real issue as usual.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Francis dodging the real issue as usual.

so you don't mind this behaviour, not an issue with you Confused
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 8:12pm
IQ test

As Trump nuts ignore all crimes and misdemeanours which of the following ignored the Catholic Church outrages ?

A:  A Brick          B: A Leaf

C: A Cat             D:Stayer
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 9:47pm
E: Pope Francis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 33343536>
  Share Topic