Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Bryce Stanaway

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuft_it_Tees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by AndiCap AndiCap wrote:

Australian Racing and its' Administrators clearly lead the world--
There isn't enough money in racing to get top managers, it is a glorified billy-goat show running on fumes, more on under-paid workers and volunteers than anything else. In ten years most of the tracks now being used will be gone, imo.
AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 7:43pm
an extra Sandwich in the package could be the answer?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Tuft_it_Tees Tuft_it_Tees wrote:

You would hope there was more to it than the sandwiches.
Surely that depends on how hungry he was !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Air Seattle View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air Seattle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 7:57pm
The free food in the owners trainers room never lasts long, you've got to be quick to grab it.
AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Air Seattle Air Seattle wrote:

The free food in the owners trainers room never lasts long, you've got to be quick to grab it.
So we found someone slower than his runners-
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:03pm
I see we must have a few talented posters here who must have trained a Sat Flemington winner recently! judging by the criticisms of an owner trainer with limited quality equine resources anyway Stern Smile
to the victor
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:14pm
He is a sandwich short.
Tuft_it_Tees View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuft_it_Tees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:14pm

Training a Flemington winner has what relation to a bunch of horses being scratched because there were no free sandwiches ?

James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by crooked_gambler crooked_gambler wrote:

just heard on the radio that Bryce had a blew with someone over the sandwiches in the owners bar, so has taken all his horses out and gone home.  Nutcase.

sandwiches? what is going on? seriously!!!!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:18pm

Training a Flemington winner has what relation to a bunch of horses being scratched because there were no free sandwiches ?

The Flem. winner was in reference to an earlier post saying he couldn't train a pig to be dirty, I think Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

I see we must have a few talented posters here who must have trained a Sat Flemington winner recently! judging by the criticisms of an owner trainer with limited quality equine resources anyway Stern Smile

Have they tested his winners for illegal sandwiches?
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:20pm

the couldn't train a pig to be dirty and finally someone slower than his horses comments, inappropriate... not that scratching is appropriate either, but it would be nice for clubs to value participants, not just board members 
to the victor
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:21pm
To be fair....I've been known to get cranky when I'm bloody starving !
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:23pm

Have they tested his winners for illegal sandwiches?

they test all winners for illegal sandwiches... mind you we still have some 9 month old illegal sandwich swabs training away 
to the victor
AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:24pm
Lighten up linghi- when you pack up your runners and head off home over a freaking sandwich you should expect too cop plenty of flak-  do inappropriate things- cop 'inappropriate' slings- pretty standard
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:24pm
Bryce was a neighbour of ours for a while & whilst I found him a very likeable larrikin type, he did have a very short fuse, especially when it came to authority. He apparently hasn't changed LOL
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Yes, but you are not starving every 7 minutes like this poor bugger obv was---LOL
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:25pm
It is akin to a 6 year old child throwing a tantrum because there are no more icepoles left.

It is a disgrace.

Go and buy a ^king sandwich somewhere else.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:28pm

it's either hypoglycemia - quite common, or less dangerously, hunger makes one less able to control their serotonin levels, hence causing uncontrollable anger - I could bite off someone's head when hungry 
to the victor
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Bryce was a neighbour of ours for a while & whilst I found him a very likeable larrikin type, he did have a very short fuse, especially when it came to authority. He apparently hasn't changed LOL

& here's me thinking it was all about a sandwich !
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:32pm

Lighten up linghi- when you pack up your runners and head off home over a freaking sandwich you should expect too cop plenty of flak-  do inappropriate things- cop 'inappropriate' slings- pretty standard

trainers and strappers are treated like crap by certain clubs, providing a sandwich for people who are putting on the show and travel long distances to be there is the least they can do! 
to the victor
Tuft_it_Tees View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuft_it_Tees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:32pm

Who was the meat in the sandwich ?

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:33pm

it's either hypoglycemia - quite common, or less dangerously, hunger makes one less able to control their serotonin levels, hence causing uncontrollable anger - I could bite off someone's head when hungry 
Never get between me & an all you can eat buffet linghi11.....esp with a few sherbets under my belt !!
Newtown Old Boy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newtown Old Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:35pm
Has someone done a head count on his horses? I'm worried about how hungry he is.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:36pm

trainers and strappers are treated like crap by certain clubs, providing a sandwich for people who are putting on the show and travel long distances to be there is the least they can do! 

I thought they were already being paid $60 or more per day per horse.

Plus 10% of winnings.

The paying owners are putting on the show.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:37pm

Who was the meat in the sandwich ?

I think his training career might have hit a snag !
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:37pm

Never get between me & an all you can eat buffet linghi11.....esp with a few sherbets under my belt !!

thanks for the warning! Thumbs Up
to the victor
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Aurelius Aurelius wrote:

I thought they were already being paid $60 or more per day per horse.

Plus 10% of winnings.

The paying owners are putting on the show.

he owns or part-owns the horses in his care... he's putting on the show... should strappers who can't leave their horse spend 10 bucks on a greasy roll? provide easily accessible, quality, cheap food for the people caring for the horses and it would be a step in the right direction 
to the victor
AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:44pm
Punters help put on the show and I have never been offered a free sanger- except by one bookie who offered me a beer and a sanger to bet with him-- not sure what that was about--
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 8:47pm
U sure that was just to bet with him Andi ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>