Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Brumby Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:22pm

BRUMBY CHALLENGE FEATURES AT STROUD SHOW

brumby

A handful of Brumbies saved from the Kosciuszko National Park have made their debut in the show ring.

The 250 Brumby Challenge was today’s feature event at the Stroud Show, proving a wild horse can become a show pony in less than a year.

animals before people.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 12:00pm
They just took a few trailer loads of Kosziosko brumbies away within the last few days. We see them often as we drive thru there,lovely greys, decent types, never starving, such an iconic part of the landscape.
Why does the Govt always listen to the extremists? 🥵
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 12:28pm
Yeah and a lot of them were young ones. This after an agreement was reached that none would be removed and a working party would be formed to work out a better ending. Where is Barillo while this is happening ?  
They will be off to the same end as those we saw the other night.
Cull if you must but do it humanely, and loading young wild horses onto trucks, driving them hundreds of miles without a break or water,  and running them down shutes to their death isnt humane in any way. Many of them arrive bashed about and injured and crazy with fear.
Humans have a lot to  answer  for. Especially the raving extremeists that really dont have a clue.
animals before people.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:06pm
Didn't you know AA they are the only ones who know what is best for us all!

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 5:24pm
Hmmm, yes, of course we all need them to tell us how to live.Cry
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 2:46pm
Someone had previously posted on another brumby page that large numbers of brumbies had perished in the Kiandra area.How they know this I don’t know but it had me worried sick about this mob as I hadn’t seen them yet UNTIL YESTERDAY Smile
They are all unscathed ,no burns !!
This mob lives out the back of Kiandra and how they made it out unscathed is just another amazing brumby feat!!!
I don’t need to say much about this mob of greys other than “amazing,stunning,beautiful”,you get my drift Smile
These gorgeous grey wild Snowy Mountain brumbies are just that.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 4:44pm
Beautiful photos
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 5:42pm
An Industry in the making.
We have to face up to the fact ,   A huge percentage of our population can't afford , meats .     Especially Beef.
   There are so many problem beasts out there to reduce the load on cheaper meats , we should be harvesting them .
Deer is out of control ,   Nothing wrong with Goat , Horse ,Pig, etc, from the wild .
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 9:16pm
At first glance I thought this thread was about John Brumby former Premier of Victoria.Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 9:47pm
Well, no,  its not, BB.
The horses have made it .   Survived the massive fires.    Now they have to survive the greenies who want them shot because thay are a risk to walkers , and drivers, ( because walkers and drivers are too stupid to be careful ), and because they are killing the habitat.  Thumbs Down
LOL  Not to mention what these massive wild fires are doing to habitat.
Just blame the horses,,,,forget about the wild pigs and the weekend warriors who run amok and destroy everything in sight. 
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 4:17pm

Warning ,GRAPHIC IMAGES !! (charred remains, having seen all the pics Cry)

Hi all.I wouldn’t normally do a post like this but many people have been asking both..
“ how many horses do you think are in the mountains”
and
“ have you seen many dead horses”

Let me just start by saying that the proposed removal of 4000 horses is going to take place in the Northern end of Kosciusko National Park.The Northern end is where I visit almost 100% of the time and have been doing so for years.Ian and I have hiked hundreds of kilometres up there and mainly off the beaten trail,we mainly hike following brumby tracks as they are well used and easy to follow.
We have hiked pretty much everywhere and on many occasions.
The latest wild horse population count (pre fires)done by the AANP puts the number of wild horses in the Northern end at over 15,600.
The answer to question one in my opinion is that there would not be more than 3000 absolute max and that is a “post fire”opinion which I will explain.
I know that in a previous post I mentioned that we hadn’t seen many dead horses,(dead as a result of the fires)when in fact we have.We haven’t mentioned this for reasons that it is very sad ,also no one wants to hear this sort of thing!
Post fires we have walked across a few plains and looked into treelines all around Kiandra and surrounds.We have seen 18 burnt and dead horses.Please note that the park is still closed so we haven’t even explored the area properly yet,not even scratched the surface yet have seen this many dead horses so it would be safe to say that many have suffered a terrible death( every horse we have sighted is facing away from the direction that the fire came, so sad for all animals Cry)
Also on the 12-1-20 I received a message from NPWS stating that they would be undertaking the euthanising of injured horses over the next few days.
Many horses have perished as a result of the fires !!!

This is just my opinion,everyone is entitled!!
Where on earth are these 15,600+ wild horses in the Northern end?.Such a ridiculous number ,impossible number !!
I can’t believe that the government can and has accepted these numbers as fact.
Another wild horse population count needs to be done ,a post fires count !
Doesn’t our environmental minister realise that many wild horses have perished in the recent fires,has he even been to KNP after the fires?They all just speculate this and that without knowing the truth.
If he was a true minister for the environment and governed for the people then he would listen to the locals many of whom are up in arms contesting this ridiculous wild horse population count, surely if he was for the people he would realise that something isn’t quite right and there needs to be a more in depth count done !! If a realistic population number was released then we would all be in agreement but 15,600+ in the Northern end alone, you’ve got to be kidding me!
Doesn’t our environmental minister realise that this is not the case or is it that he just doesn’t care? I think the latter, the “that’ll do “attitude comes to mind.
They can’t remove 4000 brumbies from the Northern end as there aren’t 4000 brumbies up there Confused

I’m sorry if these images are disturbing. Im not going to share all pics but enough to show you all that yes, horses have died as a result of the fires and safe to say many horses.

A recount needs to be done, an honest recount not a flawed, biased count but a truthful count!!
So sad but the truth Cry

Edited by Gay3 - 21 Feb 2020 at 4:19pm
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 5:33pm
Mother Nature was a cruel Lady.

LIFE is made up of some sad outcomes.

I could cry.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2020 at 10:06pm
Mother Nature is sure cruel, but even crueler are dumb ass pollies and greenies who dont have a clue.
4,000 in the north of the park alone?  What world are these bimbos living in ? Wacko Who did this count fiddlesticks ?
Be lucky to have 4, 000 in the whole of Kosi Nat Park. 
But dumb and dumber arnt going to listen to the locals who live and ride there are they ?  Oh NO.  What would the locals know , most of whom are 4 and 5 generation Snowy people, compared to scientists with bits of paper that tell them they are smart, when most of these jokers have never even set foot in the park. No doubt sent a drone over and counted the same herd 5 or 6 times because they are too dumb to recognise them each time they appear.
Oh dont get me started on this of the amount of horses in the park, and the idiots who are so called experts .
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 4:07pm
A couple of the unscathed boys enjoying life while they can Confused

Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 11:54pm
They’re in good nick, such a travesty that they can’t just let them be. Especially after the bushfires and dawning realisation that we need the undergrowth controlled
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 11:06pm
Pretty bloody underhanded in anyone's book regardless of the need or otherwise Angry

Bronwyn Evans

BEING DONE IN SECRECY WHILE WE'RE IN LOCKDOWN.!!!! WHY...????

WHILE we're in lockdown and ON ESSENTIAL SERVICES ALLOWED...!!!!
Can ANYONE tell me WHY TRAPPING and sending BRUMBIES to slaughter while MEDIA is focused on VIRUS CRISIS???
WHY when BRUMBIES NUMBERS have been found to be WELL UNDER 2000 are THEY even being CULLED..???
WHY when BRUMBY Advocates and rescues are in lockdown ARE THE PARKS.. NSW and VIC.. BOTH TRAPPING.. and sending to slaughter.. BOTH chances of SAVING them.. WHY????
WHY MUST they at this time be slaughtered in SECRET..
Look at THESE BRUMBIES.. trapped and now waiting for DEATH after being terrified and transported.. Not to a new LIFE.. But DEATH.. WHY.. because they SAVED THE PARK FROM complete destruction and allowed many WILDLIFE to escape and SURVIVE.. by keeping fuel loads down and slowing or stopping fires spreading..
NOW DEATH.. FOR DOING WHAT HUMANS FAILED TO DO!!!! HUMANS ALLOWED it BURN.. by mismanagement and lack of resources.. RESOURCES that could ONLY be used to SAVE humans and THEIR infrastructures.. WHILE the PARK.. Bush.. WILDLIFE was left to BURN... But OUR BRUMBIES didn't.. their GRAZING gave HOPE..
NOW CRUELLY we extinguish THEIRS in slaughter and silence as THEY'RE whisked away to slaughter WHILE we stay uninformed and unable to SAVE them..
Only 3 orphaned FOALS .. who intially wandered out of bush after fires near a town.. were ABLE to be SAVED BEFORE slaughter.. by Hoofs 2010 inc.. But ONLY after MUCH negotiations due to VIRUS etc

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 11:41pm
You have to give these people intent on doing away with the horses all credit for their sneaky and underhanded ways, if sadly lacking in compassion and common sense. 
Some of these no doubt survived the fires only to face this.
Some humans are sad individuals.

animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 3:36pm

Victoria vows to cull of up to 400 brumbies in winter

John Ellicott

A stock photo of brumbies being mustered in the high plains. A group of horsemen and women are trying to prevent the cull of 400 brumbies in Victoria by mustering them out of the high country.

A stock photo of brumbies being mustered in the high plains. A group of horsemen and women are trying to prevent the cull of 400 brumbies in Victoria by mustering them out of the high country.

Cattlemen and horsemen and women of the high country in Victoria are gathering to the fray in a bid to save brumbies as the Victorian Government moves to institute a large cull of the wild horse population.

One farmer has offered his property as a sanctuary to save up to 100 brumbies on the Bogong Plains area. He has the support of local landholders and the Victorian Liberal MP Bill Tilley.

Parks Victoria is moving quickly to institute a culling program that could see up to 400 brumbies removed from the alpine park area. Late on Monday, Parks Victoria announced it would delay the cull until winter. It followed an injunction sought against the cull by brumby supporters in the Victorian Supreme Court.

It is believed that the cull will happen by shooting, a practice outlawed in NSW.

A legal stand-off over the last two years has seen brumby numbers skyrocket, with claims they are damaging by "pugging" the source of the Murray River and other pristine alpine locations.

Brumby supporters say the brumbies have bloodlines going back 140 years and are part of the heritage of the Alpine areas. The Victorian brumbies do not have the same legislative recognition in Victoria as they do in NSW under Deputy Premier John Barilaro's controversial brumbies Heritage Bill brought in two years ago. In Victoria brumbies are classified as "pest animals".

Brumby supporter Bill Tilley, the member for Benambra said: "Brumby populations must be managed appropriately in Victoria" but he said "brumbies are an iconic part of Victoria's cultural heritage and High Country identity and their population numbers need to be managed sustainably.

"The Government must have appropriate, ethical management measures in place to protect our natural environment.

"Mustering and rehoming must be the priority in any government program to manage brumby numbers, rather than shooting and eradication."

Omeo cattleman Phil Maguire is leading the round-up to save the brumbies at Bogong Plains.

He said on facebook that saving the brumbies was part of the "great Australian rebellion".

It is believed up to 20 riders have accepted the challenge to move the Bogong brumbies to Mr Maguire's place at Omeo, where he already has 40 brumbies.

He says he will feed and keep them there.

Parks Victoria chief executive Matthew Jackson said the Government had legal backing to continue with a cull.

"The Victorian Government is committed to protecting Victoria's biodiversity, ensuring it is healthy, valued and actively cared for," Mr Jackson said.

"Parks Victoria has a legal and moral obligation to protect the native species that are at risk of extinction from the impacts of feral horses and other pest animals.

"The conservation of Alpine National Park is key to this. Native alpine plants and animals which are found nowhere else on the planet are not equipped to deal with the weight, grazing, hard hooves or trampling of feral horses.

"The 2019-20 bushfires wiped out very large areas of habitat for our unique native species. The areas less affected by fire now provide the only habitat for threatened native species and are being severely damaged by feral horses, whose numbers have significantly increased in the past five years.

"By removing large invasive herbivores from the sensitive landscape, Parks Victoria is providing a greater chance of survival for native species. Feral horse management is one component of an integrated approach to reducing the impacts of introduced animals in the Alpine National Park.

"Parks Victoria regularly undertakes programs to manage deer, pigs and other non-native species, complementing feral horse management.

"All feral horse management operations are thoroughly planned, carried out by highly qualified and experienced professionals under strict conditions, ensuring the operations are safe, effective, humane and in accordance with all relevant legislation, codes of practice and standard operating procedures.

"Safety is a priority, so Parks Victoria is working with Victoria Police to protect the welfare of people involved in the program.

"Planning and implementation of the feral horse management program is underway and will be ongoing. Additional information will be posted on the Parks Victoria website to keep people informed."

A recent aerial survey found there were up to 25,000 brumbies in the Kosciuszko National Park in NSW, a figure disputed by brumby supporters.

The Land
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 1:30pm
NSW Environment has announced 4,000 brumbies to be removed from Kosi Nat Park.  Almost all these horse will go to slaughter.
Aust Alps Nat Park survey estimated 15,000 brumbies in the park.
Its biologically impossable .
50% would have to be female and every one of them would have to have foaled ( and kept it alive ) every year between 2014 and 2019.
Take in drought, fires, and current trapping and its almost impossable for this number to be fact.
Each year different areas were surveyed, and always areas with more rather than less mobs of horses, so if its a different area surveyed , how can it be accurate ?
Locals who know the area report that the surveys are done in areas of least damage, so of course horse numbers will be more there.
The Snowy Mts Brumby Management Group did their own aerial survey over 720 square Ks, with 3 observers to count.
163 clusters were seen.  1,082 were adults and 46 foals.
These people did not count horses in the Bondo State Forest as this is not part of the Aust Alps . However the official surveyers did count these horses in order to bulk up the numbers.
In short 1128 horses is way short of the 15,000 claimed in the 2019 Cairns report.
animals before people.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 2:40pm
So when those horses are removed for slaughter, on what basis is that done ? Tender ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 3:14pm
Not really sure who will do it at present as they change their minds so often.  Some Nat Park people are involved. Its becoming more "watched " for want of the proper word.  I mean its harder each year for them to get away with inhumane acts, altho just sending them hundreds of Ks, crammed on trucks, to slaughter is totally cruel.  This time, they are talking about euthing them  in the yards, but who knows what the out come will be. 
Aerial shooting is unlawful in NSW and has been since the Guy Fawkes fiasco, yet they aerial shot the Singleton horses last year, and wouldnt allow anyone on base to make sure all were dead, and not walking around with bullets in them. The minister who signed off on that should have been shot himself.
animals before people.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 3:18pm
There are what? 200+ politicians in Canberra, too many, and they breed, so let's cull some, who goes first? they're all bloody useless, good for nothing, so at least the brumbies are lovely to look at and are our heritage, I vote the polies go first.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Not really sure who will do it at present as they change their minds so often.  Some Nat Park people are involved. Its becoming more "watched " for want of the proper word.  I mean its harder each year for them to get away with inhumane acts, altho just sending them hundreds of Ks, crammed on trucks, to slaughter is totally cruel.  This time, they are talking about euthing them  in the yards, but who knows what the out come will be. 
Aerial shooting is unlawful in NSW and has been since the Guy Fawkes fiasco, yet they aerial shot the Singleton horses last year, and wouldnt allow anyone on base to make sure all were dead, and not walking around with bullets in them. The minister who signed off on that should have been shot himself.

Who was the minister? let us know, where were the greens in all this. These low bastards need justice, the horses can't do it, but oh yeah we can????
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 3:21pm
Not only are there too many pollies, but they are allowed to breed !!!Cry  Look at the way Barnaby is churning them out !
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 3:25pm
Bonjour starting to sound like Guy Fawkes, be careful, we know what became of him !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 3:25pm
I think he retired,,,,or something ?  Pyn or Pyne or the like ?
The greenies are all for doing away with the horses in case they damage the alpine plants.
There is a mob of people who bush walk in the Barrington Tops, and they want those horses done away with .  The reason ?  They might attack humans .
They got around shooting the Singleton horses by tweaking "the rules" because it is an army base. 
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 3:59pm
Beverley Bird‎ to Equine Voice Australia (E.V.A.)

I was sent this horrific personal account by Jenny who witnessed first hand the anthropocentric people that are employed to manage our National Parks in Australia. PLEASE SHARE EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW.

Jenny wrote:
I also worked at a large Veterinary practice for 3 years, so not only was I married to a Ranger but was there to render veterinary treatment to anything living, which was a joke, what I saw was horrendous, it's something you can't even describe without dry reaching.
The carnage, the pain, the terror, these images remain in my head and cause me great pain to this day, what I saw, what I witnessed.
A stallion trying to protect his band of mares and foals shot 3,4,5 times but still trying to stand between the gun and his band, his favorite MARE down bleeding to death and he's trying to get her up; another mare shot, he goes to her, the same, he tries and tries, gets another bullet, now dragging his back leg but still fighting this devil with the gun, then the chopper leaves and they target others on the run, leaving
behind the horses screaming in pain.
Yes Bev, you can show this account, but the shooters have no conscience, no heart, they are no different to the trophy hunters, that shoot to kill anything in their guns sights. Evil just evil.This has given me nightmares and stress to this day, it is an event I will NEVER get over.
The trap sites are the same it also creates a foreign atmosphere that wild animals should not be exposed to, not only do horses come to these sites other animals are attracted to the salt and molasis licks, ie; parrots dingo (or wild dog) preying on the more vulnerable animals.
This has made me a bitter person towards the parks Management and Environmentalists. As a wildlife lover, there was another incident. I caught these tiny little frogs the size of half a grain if uncooked rice, I took them to the Parks Rangers and showed them these tiny little frogs a (couple in transformation from tadpole to frog) could be a new species, the 2 Rangers who looked at the jar, tipped a couple into the lid, saying "yeah tiny aren't they, nah never saw something like that, then he tipped the jar onto the car park. I felt like punching him in the face. This is the attitude of the Rangers. NO this is not acceptable.

The brumby cull needs to be stopped. Whilst the brumby numbers need to be reduced to protect the environment, the Parks Vic plan says they won’t be shooting brumbies, yet they’re about to start. There are far more humane ways of reducing numbers but they must be given time to work. Minister Lily D'Ambrosio MP, call off the cull and stick to the plan your own people put together!

VIC AlPINE Brumbys

David Mcmillan Do we no roughly how many r alive since the fires
Chris Murray 4,000 or less

Edited by Gay3 - 20 May 2020 at 4:12pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 4:09pm
What the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve, is such a true saying.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 4:12pm
Thats the problem with aerial shooting.  They claim they are  "expert" marksmen but they are NOT.  They just shoot and shoot and keep going.  Friends were the first to ride in to Guy Fawkes after the choppers went over shooting.  They found horses still stumbling around with 6 and even 8 bullets in them. A mare down and aborted a live foal, with 4 bullets in her.   Many many horses shot and alive in agony. 
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 4:21pm
Murray Willaton

On the Barmah front, the horses are looking fantastic.

Some people are getting the situations with the Barmah, Bogong, Kosziosko & Eastern Alps horses mixed up, which is understandable.
The Barmah horses are safe for now. Later in the year it may be all hands on deck. We have a meeting shortly and then will update you further.

We are that time with the Alps horses where it is action stations. Groups, Individuals, rescues have all done their best, Meeting with Parks Vic, Politicians, Letters, Email writing, Petitions, Dishonest Public Consultation, Media. Hopefully now that these horses are under immediate threat we don't implode and turn on each other thru frustration and emotions. I believe that everybody, although different, have done their best and we need to stick together.

The time for meetings or deals with Parks Vic is over, it is hurting the cause. We need to stand firm, stage massive protests and wait for Parks Vic to come back to us with their tail between their legs and a change of attitude.

I remember what a couple of good friends of mine told me on my travel to the States last year. Those friends, Darrell R Glover, President of Help Alberta Wildies, and Simone Netherlands of Salt River Wild Horse Management group, told me that they went thru the same path as us for their respective herds of mustangs and they were not listened to. They said that at the end of the day what saved their mustangs, was simply many protests, right when their horses were massively under threat. The people of America and Canada stood up at crunch time and protested.

Daryl even got arrested and spent a night in jail. But as a result he got massive media exposure for his mustangs. Those protests put enough pressure on the governments for them to change their mind. Now, both of those herds are safe.

Well the time has come, We either protest in our thousands or we probably lose. It may even mean that some get arrested to achieve the aim. The time has come for the Alps and Bogong. The time will come later in the year for Barmah.

We now need very clear leadership from the individual groups representing those individual herds of brumbies, and hopefully thousands will support them in the field.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>