Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Boxing / UFC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 12:56pm
martin had a paper title, he won it by default basically. easy ko for AJ.

oscar valdez will wipe the floor with evgeny gradovich. The kid is very good. gradovich been in too many wars and wont keep up with the rising star. (A fight i missed in above preview)
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 1:45pm
Valdez would be paying close to $1.05 I would suspect.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2016 at 1:46pm
How bad are top rank cards? I wouldn't rule out Pacquaio v Bradley 4 or Pacquaio v Marquez 5
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 3:29pm
Errol Spence looks to be a promising talent. Imma watch this guy progress through the grades. Don't think Brook will fight him.
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 3:39pm
Is it true that Shane McMahon of the WWE McMahon family wanted to legitimately buy UFC years ago when it wasn't that big of a promotion or that expensive to buy out?

I've heard this suggest a few times over the years, thank god he didn't, or they'd have turned it into an in person romantic days of our lives esque show.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by LR80 LR80 wrote:

Errol Spence looks to be a promising talent. Imma watch this guy progress through the grades. Don't think Brook will fight him.

he is exceptional. got rid of a guy who manny, prod and khan couldnt. thats a statement. he has been white hot since his amateur days, he just needs to keep raising tge bar now. i agree, i doubt brook wants him any time soon, but its a logical fight, he might whip big mouth floyd wannabe broner next.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Originally posted by LR80 LR80 wrote:

he is exceptional. got rid of a guy who manny, prod and khan couldnt. thats a statement. he has been white hot since his amateur days, he just needs to keep raising tge bar now. i agree, i doubt brook wants him any time soon, but its a logical fight, he might whip big mouth floyd wannabe broner next.

Apparently the story was that he knocked out "Always Broke" in sparring.

I like Spence's range and precision, that takes you far in boxing. A swarming type of fighter such as Maidana (inactive) would really test him but for now he's progressing and the major players will have to shape up and fight him.

Kell Brook is fast becoming an irrelevance and needs a massive fight as a matter of urgency. Eddie Hearn like with AJ is protecting his assets and you can't blame him for that as its business after all. 
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 4:07pm
Golovkin GGG v Dominic Wade:

Wade seems to think of himself as a "thug" who is "going to break GGG's face in". 

The only face I see being broken in is Wade's. Who the hell is this guy? Wade struggled with an old Sam Soliman and that doesn't bode well here. GGG is $1.01 on SB.  

Wade is in serious trouble here and instead of betting on this farce, I'll instead make a prayer for Wade.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 12:27am
Its a farcical fight and very dangerous. wade needs a good ref and/or a good corner to save him from punishment.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 12:41am

Its a farcical fight and very dangerous. wade needs a good ref and/or a good corner to save him from punishment.

Don't you just love how GGG stalks them down. He's so clinical, doesn't really waste too much energy with his footwork. Precision to the max.

It does help having a punching bag in front of you though.

Apparently Canelo ain't interested in fighting him until 2018.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 1:02am
its good its free on fox and the best fighter in the world is on the undercard - roman gonzalez.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 7:23pm
Yep Wade got his head smashed in. Barely lasted 2 rounds.

Time for GGG to face some real fighters instead of tomato cans. He isn't getting any younger either.

They can start by fighting Daniel Jacobs.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2016 at 12:29am
i think jacobs is fighting andy lee in the uk.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 9:08pm
aussie jeff horn v usa randall bailey tonight on foxtel - free on one of the sports channels, 503 i think.

horn is a prospect, world rated and going along well. very busy fighter with good stamina. not an easy style to work out either. his negative - can be guilty of rushing and squaring up when he attacks, leaving himself open.

bailey is a former world champ, but at 41 his best days are obviously behind him. But he still has a BOMB in his right hand, as he always has. he cant fight for 3 mins a round anymore, he is his 41 yrs in the ring. he basically waits for an opening to land his right.

bailey has no chance of winning a decision, he just doesnt do enough work. if it goes to the cards, horn will win easily. Probably the safest bet, but i wouldnt be surprised if horns work rate forces a stoppage win. baileys one hope is to catch a perfect storm where he finds a home for his boomer right hand.

solomon haumono on the undercard - clubfighter.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 9:20pm
aussie jeff horn v usa randall bailey tonight on foxtel - free on one of the sports channels, 503 i think.

horn is a prospect, world rated and going along well. very busy fighter with good stamina. not an easy style to work out either. his negative - can be guilty of rushing and squaring up when he attacks, leaving himself open.

bailey is a former world champ, but at 41 his best days are obviously behind him. But he still has a BOMB in his right hand, as he always has. he cant fight for 3 mins a round anymore, he is his 41 yrs in the ring. he basically waits for an opening to land his right.

bailey has no chance of winning a decision, he just doesnt do enough work. if it goes to the cards, horn will win easily. Probably the safest bet, but i wouldnt be surprised if horns work rate forces a stoppage win. baileys one hope is to catch a perfect storm where he finds a home for his boomer right hand.

solomon haumono on the undercard - clubfighter.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 11:36am
Berto v Ortiz

A really tough one. I'll favour Berto but not sure if its stoppage or points. Wouldn't be surprised if Ortiz does something silly and gets disqualified.

Degale v Medina

Degale hasn't impressed me with his punching power, seems feather fisted.  I fully expect Degale to knock this bloke out.

Badou Jack v Lucian Bute

Bute looked OK against Degale but Degale hit him with a lot of pitty patty shots. Jack will have a bit more spice on those shots and should be able to hurt Bute at some stage. I fancy a late stoppage by Jack or a points decision to Jack. Bute was destroyed by Froch in a few rounds and his punch resistance isn't the best. Jack doesn't punch anywhere near as hard as Froch.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 6:21pm
Berto - knocked him out but had to get off the canvas himself.

Degale - no power, disappointing. A decision victory. I hate the 168 division ATM, its devoid of talent.

Jack - robbed of a points decision IMO, should have got the nod there. Ended up a draw and probably would have paid 30s or 40s. Bute punches from the chest, he is a weird fighter to watch and is largely ineffective with those stupid punches. 

I think Degale and Jack is next for the unification fight. The 168 division is one of the weakest in boxing ATM. Both these guys can't punch and are a good boxer away from ending up unconscious.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 2:33pm
Canelo vs. Khan

Khan will attempt to replicate the Mayweather blueprint but the reality for Khan is that he doesn't possess Mayweather's ring IQ and footwork. Khan has a tendency to drop anchor and trade in the kill zone and that will be his undoing here despite his claims that he's changed his style to take a more conservative approach of getting in & out. Canelo will force him to exchange at some point and Khan's glass chin won't hold up here. He might nick a few rounds early but Canelo will gradually wear him down as the rounds go. I think Canelo's power is slightly overrated and isn't as hard a puncher as they are making him out to be. But then again, Khan has a glass chin and it won't take a Golovkin to knock Khan out. He's been brutally knocked out before. As the rounds go I expect Canelo to walk through his shots and have Khan either knocked out or coasting to a clear decision. Khan will have to run like Usain Bolt to last 12 rounds here.

Canelo stoppage somewhere between rounds 7 and 11.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2016 at 4:46pm
LOL Khan wiped out in 6 rounds. He was on his bike early and was only a matter of time before he was caught. I haven't seen a fighter scared for their life in the ring for a long time. Canelo's first clean shot on him and his chin shattered into a million pieces. Time to retire with the millions he made and hopefully he doesn't come out with any brain damage. 

Quite a few "experts" said they Khan would box Canelo to victory. What planet are these people on?  

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2016 at 2:53pm
What do you UFC fans think of Brock Lesnar? I saw him a few times when he was champion and when he lost to Velasquez and boy was I unimpressed. He's like a giant slug whose only skill is laying on people. He's got no boxing skills at all. If Mark Hunt can evade his takedown for 30 seconds or so he will knock Lesnar's head off.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 2:31am
Some great fights tonight and tomorrow morning. Here's my take (all SB odds)

Groves v Murray
- Murray is a middleweight coming up, to Super Middleweight Groves is the naturally bigger guy. Both fighters have been through the trenches and it's last chance saloon for both fighters. I'll favour the younger Groves who should utilise his physical advantage for good effect. Groves by stoppage @ $3.76.

Chris Eubank Jr v Tom Doran
- It's only a matter of when Eubank gets him outta there. I think Eubank would like the extra rounds and may go easy on Doran for the first few. On that basis I'll go with Chris Eubank Jr by TKO/KO round 7-12 @ $4.40.

Anthony Joshua v Dominic Breazeale
- Still not convince on AJ but think Breazeale won't measure up here. If Breazeale wins it's possibly one of the greatest upsets in boxing history. I feel Breazeale is slightly more durable than AJ's previous opponents and should be able to get through at least 2 rounds.  I've got:
AJ by TKO/KO Round 3 @ $4.50
AJ by TKO/KO Round 4 @ $9.00
AJ by TKO/KO Round 5 @ $15.00
AJ by TKO/KO Round 6 @ $26.00

Keith Thurman v Shawn Porter
- This fight has the potential to be fight of the year. Thurman is the more accurate puncher whereas Porter tries to beat you on workrate. Porter will get clipped time and time again here as he keeps coming forward but that won't stop him working. Thurman hasn't produced an epic KO in a while and might not get the KO here as Porter is rugged, durable and will consistently smother Thurman's range finders. Thurman will struggle to palm off Porter and the scoring will be tight. I think Thurman will win a tight decision but from a betting POV I like Shawn Porter to be knocked down @ $15.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 2:31am
*Make that Shawn Porter to be knocked down at $2.99 !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 8:52pm
Thurman v porter was a great contest. i picked thurman but thought porter deserved the nod. Porters stamina/recovery is off the charts. russian athletes would shake their heads.

joshua is the real deal. Only concern might be his chin (hasnt really been tested) but we might find out more as the comp gets harder. id like to see him v joseph parker down the track - joshua favourite, but its a good matchup of two talented heavyweights. the division is interesting again, after being a decade of unfit garbage.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 9:53pm
Filthy on Joshua going 7 rounds. Missed out on a big one coming off. I think AJ was toying with him and wanted to go a few rounds. Still think AJ gets knocked out by Wilder, Fury, Haye. He seems robotic and hasn't really fought anyone with good head movement that can punch back. I fear for the day he takes a clean shot from one of those guys. Haye is the worst possible match up for AJ I suspect.

Fury under investigation for a positive steroid test which will send shockwaves through the sport. If he is rubbed out then he loses all his titles and will serve a suspension. I'm still confused as to why they've brought this up when the test was apparently conducted in Feb/March of 2015. His cousin Fury also tested positive. Either they are both juicing up or being fed illegal supplements out of ignorance.

Thurman got through on a close decision but and I felt he deserved the victory. I had it 116-112 for Thurman but then again, I'm not a fan of Porter's style and credited Thurman for the cleaner shots over Porter's smothering style. The judges all had it 115-113 which was a fair decision IMO. No way Porter won or was that fight a draw.

Eubank Jr vs. GGG will be an interesting fight, hopefully they can make it happen. GGG is the fav at this stage but like AJ, he hasn't fought anyone who is good enough to fight back yet.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 9:54pm
AJ will beat Parker, Parker was staggered by a few shots from Takkam. I think AJ blows him out in 6 or 7 rounds.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 10:01pm
on steroids...if joshua and haye arent juicing im a liberal voter 😅
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 10:04pm
GGG will crush eubank if they sign.

joshua beats the daylights out of fury. agree, haye would be a good challenge for him atleast for 5-6 rds, but joshua would be too strong for him i reckon.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2016 at 11:59pm

on steroids...if joshua and haye arent juicing im a liberal voter 😅

Do you reckon Tyson fury is on the sauce? If proven then he's the biggest hypocrite on the planet.

No doubt Joshua and Haye are cycling. Throw Briggs into the mix as well.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 12:02am
Briggs is a no brainer. klitschko too. no pro athlete using would surprise me...boxing is rife with peds and heavyweights are in it up to their ears.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2016 at 12:05am
* fury apparently positive for nandrolone. no shock...i never pay attention to vocal "cleanskins" who go public to clean up boxing etc. that goes for any sport.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 14>