Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Boxing / UFC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Boxing / UFC

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
Message
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 22461
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 5:05pm
Did Alex Leapai fight there last night ?
Back to Top
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.


Back to Top
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 26742
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 5:07pm
Draw
Back to Top
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 26742
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 5:11pm
Technical draw actually after Roger's head was opened in a head clash or elbow contact Called it off Lapei was very upset believing he was very much on top
Back to Top
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 22461
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 5:14pm
Thanks, couldn't see any news, wondering whether it went ahead.
Back to Top
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 09 Jan 2013
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 26742
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 5:20pm
Half way through the third round Lapei Roger rocked with some heavy punches they went into a huddle with Roger holding on grimly and their heads connected
Back to Top
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 26167
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 9:21pm
Maybe some friction developing .++   Typical promoters , It's difficult to get a crack at a title held in the USA . BUT when we hold one the promoters demand it is defended over there and offer peanuts by comparison.
    Reports today with predictions or offers to Horn are =    Crawford $2.5 Million ,   Mundine $3 million   Manny rematch $5 million.

   Horne is better off taking Mundine first and then Pacman for 2018.       Horn will shine at the higher weight scale.
   For those who have heard of our Dave Sands ---    He couldn't get a go at all when he was the Worlds best = Nothing has changed.
Back to Top
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 15 Jun 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 7375
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 8:04am
The figures are oie in the sky stuff macca, $3 milion for mundine...please.

they are likely using mundine as a method to drive up the purse for crawford. if arum has offered $1 mill for horn to defend HIS belt in crawfords country...thats low ball. but like any deal...arum starts at the lowest base.

we'l see how much arum wants to move. because $1 mill will get laughed at by team horn.

im not totally convinced the fight will be in vegas...maybe thats arums bargaining chip to get the qld govt to pony up bigger dollars to have it in oz. arum is as cunning as any promoter and his own bank balance is key to any promotion...this is the guy who when questioned by journalists over something he said he replied "look, yesterday i was lying, today im telling the truth".
Back to Top
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 22461
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 8:30am
Mundine mouthing off about Horn, must want the fight. I thought Anthony was retiring after the Green fight, but maybe taking a leaf out of the Farnham playbook !
Back to Top
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 15 Jun 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 7375
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 9:37am
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Mundine mouthing off about Horn, must want the fight. I thought Anthony was retiring after the Green fight, but maybe taking a leaf out of the Farnham playbook !


trying to stay relevant when his prime Is way back in the rear view mirror. mundine started sounding punchy years ago...he is a health risk in any fight. horn would destroy him...easy $ but not the figures thats been suggested. and the fight shouldnt even be sanctioned, but the most corrupt bodies in boxing alongside judges are sanctioning organisations. better if horn leaves mundine to mumble.

i think mundines worth right now to horns camp is being a bargaining chip to extract a bigger purse v crawford.

Back to Top
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 26167
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 12:27pm
Mundine V Green was about the biggest pay day in Australia ever.
----------------------------
C/P =   Feb 5, 2017 - Both fighters will pocket up to $10 million each from the bout between the four- time world champion Green and three-time world champion Mundine. And while both are past their prime, the end to their bitter rivalry was watched by the second-largest pay-per-view television audience reported in Australia ...
----------------------------
WHY would Horn need to give the next fight to an American promoter.
Horn is more for the middleweight division anyway . He looks pale and drawn making 147 lb     Suck up a fortune , entertaining Mundine .
Back to Top
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 15 Jun 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 7375
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Mundine mouthing off about Horn, must want the fight. I thought Anthony was retiring after the Green fight, but maybe taking a leaf out of the Farnham playbook !


are fighters ever really retired?   
Back to Top
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 22461
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 4:23pm
Anthony said to be very generous with his money, some will be wishing he keeps going.
Back to Top
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 15 Jun 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 7375
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

   Mundine V Green was about the biggest pay day in Australia ever.
----------------------------
C/P =   Feb 5, 2017 - Both fighters will pocket up to $10 million each from the bout between the four- time world champion Green and three-time world champion Mundine. And while both are past their prime, the end to their bitter rivalry was watched by the second-largest pay-per-view television audience reported in Australia ...
----------------------------
WHY would Horn need to give the next fight to an American promoter.
Horn is more for the middleweight division anyway . He looks pale and drawn making 147 lb     Suck up a fortune , entertaining Mundine .


depends what his promotional contract with Toprank/arum says macca. crawford is his mandatory defence...so he cant get out of that from a sanctioning body requirement because they will strip him of his belt. he has 90 days to make that fight since wednesdays corcoran bout.

regarding his promotional contract with a usa promoter (co promoting with local duco) ...he signed it to get his career high pay day against manny, a chance at a world title, and more big fights afterwards. thats why arum has dibs on him...they dont sign guys to one fight. lots of promotional contracts will even have a clause where the promoter will handle the opponents next fight, should he win. rematch clauses in contracts for big stars are almost a given.
Back to Top
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 26167
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 5:51pm
Cabo...   the USA promoters are furious that the very pot of gold that welterweights are at this time , has landed in Australia.   That's what all the crying is about.
Champions have 6 months ( not 90 days ) to defend titles and few get stripped.        . If the drawing power of Pacman & Crawford is so great then give Horn a much better payday than Mundine offers.
   I'm hoping Horn makes both Crawford & Pacman wait.      . He holds the Trump card.
Remember,    Pacman won the world title and went shopping for an easy defence ,    He fell on his face ,   The Qld Government put the big dollars up to lure him here .     Make them come here to fight, if the best offer for Crawford is less than a Mundine bout.   fcuk em.
It's obvious Pacman doesn't want to face Horn again.
Back to Top
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 15 Jun 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 7375
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Cabo...   the USA promoters are furious that the very pot of gold that welterweights are at this time , has landed in Australia.   That's what all the crying is about.
Champions have 6 months ( not 90 days ) to defend titles and few get stripped.        . If the drawing power of Pacman & Crawford is so great then give Horn a much better payday than Mundine offers.
   I'm hoping Horn makes both Crawford & Pacman wait.      . He holds the Trump card.
Remember,    Pacman won the world title and went shopping for an easy defence ,    He fell on his face ,   The Qld Government put the big dollars up to lure him here .     Make them come here to fight, if the best offer for Crawford is less than a Mundine bout.   fcuk em.
It's obvious Pacman doesn't want to face Horn again.


he has 90 days to fight his mandatory (crawford) from the date of his optional defence against corcoran. wbo stated it.
Back to Top
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 26167
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 6:37pm
Confusing Cabo.. the yanks don't like anyone taking their cash cows.
Crawford has never fought in the welterweight division so what justifies him jumping all others contenders.
I feel Horn needs a Financial bonanza NOW and it is bull gelati that Crawford is saying he will only come to Australia if they offer similar to what we paid Pacman. 10 million      Fcuk em again. He doesn't own the title but the yanks believe they do.
There are plenty of comments to say Crawford has avoided the Top fighters for years.
I think we all realise Horn is a brawler who won't have a long career.
There is money in the Middleweights division for him as Mundine & Green have shown.
Nothing to stop Australia from holding Horn's title defence.   We had a massive crowd at the Pacman bout.    We aren't a Crawford benefit society.
If he wants the title he should travel.
Back to Top
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 15 Jun 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 7375
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Confusing Cabo.. the yanks don't like anyone taking their cash cows.
Crawford has never fought in the welterweight division so what justifies him jumping all others contenders.
I feel Horn needs a Financial bonanza NOW and it is bull gelati that Crawford is saying he will only come to Australia if they offer similar to what we paid Pacman. 10 million      Fcuk em again. He doesn't own the title but the yanks believe they do.
There are plenty of comments to say Crawford has avoided the Top fighters for years.
I think we all realise Horn is a brawler who won't have a long career.
There is money in the Middleweights division for him as Mundine & Green have shown.
Nothing to stop Australia from holding Horn's title defence.   We had a massive crowd at the Pacman bout.    We aren't a Crawford benefit society.
If he wants the title he should travel.


a yank is his promoter! horn isnt taking their cash. they own him for now.

good point about getting a title shot at his girst fight in a new division. but..sanctioning bodies have all bases covered and a myriad of bs rules they pull out of their arse to make sure if a fight Is a good opportunity for them to cash in on (fighters have to pay a % of their purse to fight for the sanc orgs belt) , they will flaunt their own rules to make it happen.

however, they all have a rule whereby a champ of another division is immediately rated in top 10 or top 15 of his new division...and therefore qualifies for a title fight.
Back to Top
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 22461
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 7:02pm
Gotta say, Horn is not someone you would pick as a prize fighter, let alone a World champ. Does not really fit the mould, seem mean enough, or look to have the "killer" instinct. But, seemingly has a great temperament, which has already been, and should continue to be, one of his best assets.
Back to Top
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 15 Jun 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 7375
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Gotta say, Horn is not someone you would pick as a prize fighter, let alone a World champ. Does not really fit the mould, seem mean enough, or look to have the "killer" instinct. But, seemingly has a great temperament, which has already been, and should continue to be, one of his best assets.


👍
Back to Top
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 26167
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 9:26pm
C/P , prior to Manny fight ..} THE worlds leading boxing promoter Bob Arum'
( who promoted Pacquio ) says Brisbanes Jeff Horn is only two fights away from multi million dollar contests, He announced a co-promotion deal with Horn's New Zealand promoters Duco Events to back the undefeated Brisbane schoolteacher.
--------
The USA try to own Boxing , always have .     90 days is too soon for Horn & Crawford.    He has to have some healing time ..
Horn won't be any pushover for anyone ..      He looks Anaemic to me , like he needs a big course of Cytamen , Multi B & Folic acid and fight up to 155 Lb.    (Dr macca)
   
Back to Top
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 15 Jun 2013
Status: Offline
Points: 7375
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 7:49pm
actually, the 90 days stipulation is to 'arrange the horn crawford fight' macca...not actually fight. i got that slightly wrong.

their is a bit of a shift in boxing lately...the uk has become a powerhouse and is commanding big purses and big fights. they have world champs coming out of their arses atm, boxing is thriving there. not to mention a few top heavyweights and arguably the hw champ - anthony joshua.

we are seeing name american fighters going there for big fights and good paydays. Golovkin went there to fight kel brook, as did errol spence. klitschko v joshua in front of 90,000 at wembley.....las vegas is still a mecca but she has to share it now.
Back to Top
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 26167
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

actually, the 90 days stipulation is to 'arrange the horn crawford fight' macca...not actually fight. i got that slightly wrong.

their is a bit of a shift in boxing lately...the uk has become a powerhouse and is commanding big purses and big fights. they have world champs coming out of their arses atm, boxing is thriving there. not to mention a few top heavyweights and arguably the hw champ - anthony joshua.

we are seeing name american fighters going there for big fights and good paydays. Golovkin went there to fight kel brook, as did errol spence. klitschko v joshua in front of 90,000 at wembley.....las vegas is still a mecca but she has to share it now.


I give them a spray on the boxing Forum for the "ownership" mentality the Americans have.      Horn owns the title , they have offered him peanuts to fight Crawford who will get a bigger purse in Las Vegus.
There are a stack of class welerweights about , they don't have to be bullied by Pacman , Crawford and Co.    
Drawing power bullsxxt ,   Mundine will offer twice as much and fill Suncorp again.        Keep the fights here, Why fly to Las Vegas for half the money...      Australia used to have Boxing twice a week , needs a lift with honest promotions.
Back to Top
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 26167
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2017 at 8:32pm
The Qld Government were prepared to under write the Pacman fight and guaranteed him 10 million.    He came here for the gigantic purse.
   Genius decision by Qld Labor, a gamble that paid off.
Q'landers are true Sporting freaks and will fill Suncorp anytime with reasonable weather.     Horn owes that to them. Stuff Crawford and Manny P.
   Let them travel.
Back to Top
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 26167
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 4:22pm
   New Baby For Jeff Horn and his bride.   CONGRATULATIONS all's well

He will be ready willing and able with that pressure lifted.

Mrs Horn must be a strong Lady =     Ringside only weeks before the new edition was due ..        Pressure cooker time for her, aye.

No word yet when he lines up again.











































Back to Top
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 26167
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 10:38am
The Man = Mundine goes around again tonight.

Be interesting to see how he fares in his early 40's .
Back to Top
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 31 Oct 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 24476
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 8:09pm
Mundine is playing the race game.  Calling Horn a whitie etc.   And I thought it was only whites who were racist.  Silly me LOL
animals before people.
Back to Top
blackdog View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 688
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Mundine is playing the race game.  Calling Horn a whitie etc.   And I thought it was only whites who were racist.  Silly me LOL
 
  He affected me so badly I had to revert to Mundine's   NIC.
 
      But I'm really maccamax in a disguise... 
WHEN WILL SMOKERS RISE.?
NO labor votes for a start .
Back to Top
Gettingbigger View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Location: The Dog House
Status: Offline
Points: 723
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gettingbigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 8:48pm
That's typical Mundine with the race card , it gets him plenty of media attention , boxing is all about the show , before you step into the ring then is all business , been going on forever the way the eyeball each other chest pump it all for the show. 
Say nothing once why say it again
Back to Top
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion
Avatar

Joined: 07 Mar 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 37066
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 8:55pm
Mundine started poorly but came back well.

Rnd1 draw


STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Back to Top
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 26167
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Gettingbigger Gettingbigger wrote:

That's typical Mundine with the race card , it gets him plenty of media attention , boxing is all about the show , before you step into the ring then is all business , been going on forever the way the eyeball each other chest pump it all for the show. 


For all of Mundine's faults he knows how to generate the mighty dollar ,    Is a superb athlete and he doesn't damage anyone ( only himself ) with the tongue.
I've never known of him to be physically aggressive outside the ring
and when it's all boiled down =   GOOD LUCK TO HIM.
He is part of a very respected Family.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.