Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Boxing / UFC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Best fight of the year is on today..

canelo alvarez v gennady golovkin.

civerage starts now ... 10am aest.

Im on canelo cunningham . The red headed mexican will shock a few. too many smarts and has improved every fight. Golovkin is a beast with rocks in his hands, fangerous in every min of the fight, but its viva mehico!!

Yep got it on too Cabo, reckon it'll be a pearler, I'm in your corner as well , Mexican boy very impressive imo, haven't had ppv since Kostya sat Zab Judah on his bum , remember that lol, anyhow this should be something else.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 2:47pm
Hope Canelo doesn't take Golovkin too casual, gee he can hit but he must show respect for the champ imo or he might be ambushed.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 4:37pm
I thought golovkin should have got the nod.

canelo boxed his ears off up until rd 5 - but went back to his corner after rd 5 out of gas. he never really recovered enough to dominate. ggg was more consistent and outworked him.

adelaide byrd has a history of corrupt scorecards. Her 118-110 canelo card was simply corrupt.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 5:37pm
Don't know whether you noticed Cabo but a big wig from the fight went over to the golovkin corner after the fight but before the scorecard had been announced and told the trainer it's a draw and it was as plain as day, you could hear him say it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2017 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Don't know whether you noticed Cabo but a big wig from the fight went over to the golovkin corner after the fight but before the scorecard had been announced and told the trainer it's a draw and it was as plain as day, you could hear him say it.

yeah, thats not anything nefarious or corrupt mate...it just means the judges leaked the score or an official tallied up the scores and leaked it. but typical boxing...poor, shoddy governance. It shouldnt have happened.

the corruption is in the judges scoring. adelaide byrd has a long history of basically filling in her cards before the fight even started...and always for the house fighter.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 2:40pm
Tony Madigan, the Australian boxer who fought Cassius Clay at the 1960 Olympics, for a narrow defeat, and then went on to a Bronze medal, has died at 87. He came from Northern NSW, iirc.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 3:12pm
RIP tony.    arguably the best fighter in the world right now , Terrence โ€˜budโ€™ Crawford just moved up to welterweight. the plan apparently is to fight horn in March next year. it makes sense as arum promotes both fighters, and the qld govt have a two fight deal with horn. itโ€™s a fight horn wonโ€™t win... this bloke is masterful and breaks fighters apart.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Tony Madigan, the Australian boxer who fought Cassius Clay at the 1960 Olympics, for a narrow defeat, and then went on to a Bronze medal, has died at 87. He came from Northern NSW, iirc.

Remember him well, a good looking rooster, done quite a lot of male modelling. RIP Tony.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 3:53pm
That is right, Carioca, an unusual thing for a boxer to retain looks !
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 4:57pm

You might be thinking of Athol McQueen from Kyogle on the FNC?

He fought Madigan a couple of times and fought and knocked down Joe Frazier at the Tokyo Olympics, 4 years after Madigan fought Clay in Rome
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 5:03pm
Yep, I think you are right, PT.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 5:20pm

Yep, I think you are right, PT.

I hope Horn gets a few good purses and gets out.    Too prone to eye cuts and will be his undoing at any time.
A real Mr Nice Guy and I'm sure can be guided to have his finances invested in a secure Future.
He has a great trade if he needs to fall back on it.

Keeping the Class room hoons in order.   lol - I think Gay3 or
Stayer could find him a job.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 5:39pm
he is in the hottest division in boxing by far macca. it just became white hot with crawford joining in the mix. his purses should be decent, no matter who he fights...especially if he can keep his fights in oz.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2017 at 7:43pm
I note Paul Gallon has chalked an 8 round points decision recently.

He says he only wants one more go ...     Sonny Bill Williams .

Would appear Sonny is quiet on the matter ,   NO voice from Anthony Mundine so maybe they don't want to face the Cronulla Bull dog.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 12:27pm
Jeff Horn Just opened Labors Queensland election campaign.

Not good aligning himself to a Political Party really.

He can't afford to lose half the Countries support.    Silly Boy.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 12:41pm
I agree with that, it sounds like he is being used.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2017 at 2:39pm

I agree with that, it sounds like he is being used.

I'm aware the Government underwrote the Pacquiou promotion with taxpayer money .    ( could have been bad had it not been successful )
BUT there is a line most businesses are reluctant to cross.

I was surprised Qantas shareholders weren't upset by the YES support.
I'm sure the NRL will pay a price for the same reason.

Can't help Jeff , but as you say , he probably owes them one.
I think he may be contracted for 2 Brisbane bouts .   
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 6:54pm
Only 4 sleeps until Jeff Horn faces the English champion.

Has weight to lose,    He is a "big" welterweight.

Nice dollars await him if he gets through this one OK.

The undefeated Crawford in Las Vagus.    May the Gods be with him.

We will forgive him ( once ) for appearing with the CONDOM Party , in the Qld election launch.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 6:57pm
You have a "nerve" to mis-spell "Vegas". Get it?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 7:11pm

You have a "nerve" to mis-spell "Vegas". Get it?

I get it for sure

The Indians getting restless.

Spell check is the American version.    Very different.

Tiehr Sutpid to Btoher Aobut it aynawy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 10:15pm
tomoz 1pm on foxtel, free to air : lomachenko v rigondeaux.

the two best pure boxers in the sport. both 2x gold medalists at olympics...first time such fighters have faced off in the pro's. only hitch is that the cuban rigondeaux has jumped 2 weight classses to get the fight. loma wouldnt fight him at the lower weight.

both sth paws. both have freakish silky, skills. lomachenko taller, but rigo has reach advantage. probably be a cat n mouse match but one for the purists.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 10:16pm
Ohh...and pacman is in talks for a mcgregor fight

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 10:38pm

I think Manny's fire has gone out.

He hasn't lost often but same old , same old . Each time, calling for recounts and "was robbed "      His days are over.

I think Horn is now contracted to fight Crawford after this one ..
30 bouts without loss. ( avoids the top raters )      I think Horn is better than him .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

I think Manny's fire has gone out.

He hasn't lost often but same old , same old . Each time, calling for recounts and "was robbed "      His days are over.

I think Horn is now contracted to fight Crawford after this one ..
30 bouts without loss. ( avoids the top raters )      I think Horn is better than him .

i think mannys money is burning. no surprise if he chases the mcgregor fight as a free agent.

i think horn v. crawford next. crawford fought for 4 belts in his last fight macca...he has gone up a divvy which is harder, but he is a star. horn gives him a world title straight off the bat. horn will get destroyed by this guy.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 11:18am

tomoz 1pm on foxtel, free to air : lomachenko v rigondeaux.

the two best pure boxers in the sport. both 2x gold medalists at olympics...first time such fighters have faced off in the pro's. only hitch is that the cuban rigondeaux has jumped 2 weight classses to get the fight. loma wouldnt fight him at the lower weight.

both sth paws. both have freakish silky, skills. lomachenko taller, but rigo has reach advantage. probably be a cat n mouse match but one for the purists.

I watched the fight Cabo, rigondeaux lost all credibility with me , he didn't want to fight from the outset, was holding on from the very first round , the way I figure it, he read too much about his opponent before the fight, and was like a snake mesmerising a chook, or " they " got to him, your opinion mate?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 11:24am
pretty much carioca ๐Ÿ‘

even allowing for the 2 weight jump & his age ....after 2 rds, rigo was defeated. he quit. lomachenko does that to opponents...his previous opponent quit on his stool in frustration too. and he was the best guy around at the time.

loma is a freak...to mkae another top class boxer quit like that aftr barely landing a punch is amazing.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 12:33pm

pretty much carioca ๐Ÿ‘

even allowing for the 2 weight jump & his age ....after 2 rds, rigo was defeated. he quit. lomachenko does that to opponents...his previous opponent quit on his stool in frustration too. and he was the best guy around at the time.

loma is a freak...to mkae another top class boxer quit like that aftr barely landing a punch is amazing.

Thanks mate, nice to get your take on it.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

pretty much carioca ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks mate, nice to get your take on it.

Disappointing to say the least.

Maybe he injured his hand or just dogged it.

I'm glad I didn't pay to watch such a farce.

Horn will give a better sight on Wednesday.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 8:24pm
Horn looked a bit "off" at the weigh-in. Maybe wasting too hard.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 8:26pm
$1.22 Horn. Bit different to last time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 14>