Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Bonus bet offer today LADBROKES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bonus bet offer today LADBROKES
    Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 7:58pm
Did anyone like me today receive the offer from LADBROKES by both email and SMS offering match of 150% of your next deposit up to $200 in bonus bets.

I proceeded with my deposit of $200 understanding the offer to imply that by depositing $200 that a max of 150% in bonus bets would equate to $300.

When I spoke to LADBROKES they said no it was only $200 in Free bets but I explained wouldn't that then be an offer to match 100%?

Am I understanding this wrong as 150% of $200 is $300 and that above is how they worded id.
Thoughts or has this occured to anyone else today?Angry
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:05pm
I think you best give the exact text of the offer, to get a reasonable response.
Farmermick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:07pm
THAT IS THE EXACT TEXT WORD FOR WORD-Happy to sms from my phone to you!
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Farmermick Farmermick wrote:

Did anyone like me today receive the offer from LADBROKES by both email and SMS offering match of 150% of your next deposit up to $200 in bonus bets.

I proceeded with my deposit of $200 understanding the offer to imply that by depositing $200 that a max of 150% in bonus bets would equate to $300.

When I spoke to LADBROKES they said no it was only $200 in Free bets but I explained wouldn't that then be an offer to match 100%?

Am I understanding this wrong as 150% of $200 is $300 and that above is how they worded id.
Thoughts or has this occured to anyone else today?Angry

Up to $200. Looks straight forward.
Deposit $140 and get $200 in Free Bets, not $210.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:14pm
It is ambiguous, it could be construed as the bonus bets not exceeding $200, but for that to apply, you would deposit $133.33 to get it, which is a decidedly strange amount to deposit. Still, you can't complain about getting an equivalent amount as bonus bets.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:19pm
It should have terms and conditions hidden somewhere at the bottom of the page in print too small to read
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:20pm
My very basic maths suggests 150% of $200 = $300 so I'd've fallen for it too, had I had a spare $300 Confused
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:25pm
I assume the bonus bets don't return the stake ? Or no ? Pretty good deal whichever way, but as has been pointed out before on the forum, if they don't return the stake, it is wiser to not back short odds with your bonus bets. A bloke rang me from Crownbet offering up to $300 bonus bets for a $300 deposit, which surprised me as that account has made a bit of money.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:25pm
Passing Through should be flush at present Gay3, now's the time to bite him.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:27pm
This is why I contacted them as I often get deposit bonuses pretty much 2-3 times a month up until all of last month then they come out with this one which was different as usually the wording is-

I hadn't bet with them all of a month as last time I asked what specials they had this is after winning $30k on my Pacer THREEPENNYOPERA a few months ago and huge odds and withdrew the moolah.

deposit upto a maximum of $200 and receive 100% in bonus bets. THATS THERE NORMAL OFFER.

I have emailed them and asking to escalate it as the wording is incorrect hence my point, they made the error not me!
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:30pm
The wording is ambiguous, it can be read either way. If there was a comma after $200, it would be more likely you had a strong case.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:45pm
It is just a trap on words as scamanda put it ...   UP to $200. nothing over.
I received a Ladbrokes text which said ...     Bonus up to $500 , equal to your first bet.
   So to get the 500 your first bet had to be $500.

The last gift bonus I took out was for $750..      I backed a winner and then had to turn my whole account over before I was eligible to withdraw.
The unders I had to accept ( compared to betfair ) didn't have them too far behind when I withdrew $2000, a few weeks later.     
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:49pm
Not sure how you got it wrong to be honest. It clearly says UP TO $200 in Bonus Bets.
It didnt say up to $300 in Bonus Bets
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 8:49pm
Previous offers read 100% deposit match upto a maximum of $200 so therefore I would and have received 200 in bonus bets. this was part of my complaint to management just then.

its the principal of the matter to be blunt, the corporates sux and I dont know how many times I have been rorted by taking odds the previous night to have so many dedcutions taken out its ridiculous but thats another matter, good luck folks. happy punting.

Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:17pm
I got this today

Hey Nathan, we'll match 100% of your next deposit! Max bonus $200

CLAIM NOW:

T&Cs apply. Valid next deposit only OptOut STOP to 0427915755
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:19pm
Wording says "up to $200 in bonus bets". Nothing unclear about that to me. I would have deposited $133.34 and not a cent more.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:21pm
These offers are very generous. Take advantage of them, at the very least you will lose less using them. Even the TAB has been dragged into it. People that whinge about the corps are born whingers, having a relapse.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

These offers are very generous. Take advantage of them, at the very least you will lose less using them. Even the TAB has been dragged into it. People that whinge about the corps are born whingers, having a relapse.

Spot on. It's basically free money. A bonus bet that doesn't return the stake if it wins is worth approx 40% of face value generally. Easy money.
Stainvita View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stainvita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2017 at 2:58pm
2 weeks ago Ladbrokes gave me a $500 deposit match - the $500.00 was free bets only however I was not complaining.
If your hands aren't shaking you haven't put enough on.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 2:50am
the offer read 150% not 100% upto $200. most are not understanding the wording, its very tricky how they word the offer should be straight and simple such as offer upto a" maximum deposit of $200 for 100% in bonus bets" equating to $200 in bonus bets 
that clearly is different than offering 150%.

For those that seem to think how could I not understand it I have been backing horses for 35 horse and am very aware of punting.

I even provided there previous offers as set above, they worded this offer entirely different and its not a correct way in wording the offer.

Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farmermick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 2:51am
of course horse should read years, a couple of ales.
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic