Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

BONNEVAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2017 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Sir Gov Sir Gov wrote:

Not going to go around now - the Cup loses its early fav.  Humidor firms to fav

Sorry to hear that .     I'll be on the tail of Amelie's Star & the runner up to Winx last week. ( he'll beat Humidor.)
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 11:02am
Apparently given the all clear by vets today and will start in Caulfield Cup.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2017 at 2:05pm

Bonneval (NZ) - rider Damian Lane stated he had difficulty obtaining a clear run from the 600m and he was satisfied with the run once into clear running in the straight. A post race veterinary examination revealed the mare had sustained a small wound on its off hind pastern and was lame in the near foreleg and will require a veterinary clearance prior to racing again.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2017 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

<span ="ng-scope">

<span>Bonneval (NZ)</span><span> - rider Damian Lane stated he had difficulty
obtaining a clear run from the 600m and he was satisfied with the run once
into clear running in the straight. A post race veterinary examination revealed
the mare had sustained a small wound on its off hind pastern and was lame in
the near foreleg and will require a veterinary clearance prior to racing again.
</span>

</span>

Anymore on this gal.

Wasn't weighted or drawn to go any better last start but the figures improve in the C>C with 51K.
Winner of only 2 tries at 2400m so right in it if right.
BlackKnight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:45am
Murray Baker says the vet is full of it. Bailey says she will have to pass an inspection to run.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:52am
Originally posted by BlackKnight BlackKnight wrote:

Murray Baker says the vet is full of it. Bailey says she will have to pass an inspection to run.

Doesn't surprise...    The Academic pool are like Maidens at Molong.
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 8:53am
After reading what Baker has said I seems to me likely that the horse was not significantly lame after the race and that the vet made a mistake. Vets are not perfect and they do make mistakes.

I was expecting Bonneval to run poorly when she was so soft in the last 30mins of betting. She should have been a dominant favourite, but bookies were happy to drift her out. Same for Hartnell. I could not back Bonneval in anything until she proves herself again. She was just poor on Saturday. no excuses.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 12:44pm
The 2000m last week wasn't ideal for horses aiming at the Cups double .
The weights were against her.    2 for 2 at 2400m and is probably the value price now.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:05pm
Don't lose faith...
Sunline...simply supreme
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Don't lose faith...

With a reasonable barrier , has to rate on top.     Top field.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 3:20pm
I trust in the trainer. If he says nothing wrong, only one possibly two can challenge her with her weight over 2400m.
Sunline...simply supreme
HoraceThe Wiz View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoraceThe Wiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:16pm
Value price for a reason.
Vintedge was good to me!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2017 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by HoraceThe Wiz HoraceThe Wiz wrote:

Value price for a reason.

So was REDZEL
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 12:03am
Not a great barrier. Probably exits the straight 3-4 wide, unless they push on to a midfield position.

On the plus side, avoids getting cramped on the rail.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 5:41pm
So definitely cleared to run, right? Surprised there's no response on the forum?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

So definitely cleared to run, right? Surprised there's no response on the forum?

Well stayer I think for a kiwi the blokes a fair dimkum sort of chap lol, he maintained all along she's okay and has been verified, so if you like, put more on.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 6:43pm
Good to hear mate. Don't need to put more on!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 6:45pm
RVStewards‏ 
Veterinary Information: Bonneval passed suitable to race in Caulfield Cup (21/10 Race 8) by two RV vets following inspection this afternoon.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

[URL=https://twitter.com/RVStewards]<span ="FullNameGroup" style="display: block; font-size: 18px; line-height: 24px; font-weight: bold;]<strong ="fullname show-popup-with-id " -aria-label-part="" style="text-decoration-line: underline;]RVStewards‏<span ="UserBadges" style="font-size: 0.9em; : relative; top: 1px;]</span><span ="UserNameBreak] </span></span>[/URL]
<span style="color: rgb20, 23, 26; font-family: "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; white-space: pre-wrap; : rgb245, 248, 250;">Veterinary Information: Bonneval passed suitable to race in Caulfield Cup (21/10 Race 8) by two RV vets following inspection this afternoon.</span>

My Crystal ball has released a terrible vision   =     Mouth to Mouth
on Sunline >>>    as Craig Williams guides Amelie's Star to a nose win over Bonnevel 9/1, ( overs ) with a superb ride.
HoraceThe Wiz View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoraceThe Wiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 7:25pm
LOL
Vintedge was good to me!
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 7:42pm
I'll never pot Craig W in a CC after his 11/10 ride on Dunaden - won half a year's salary that day and neighbours heard me screaming from 600m out. Probably my favourite racing memory. Have a framed pic on my wall.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

I'll never pot Craig W in a CC after his 11/10 ride on Dunaden - won half a year's salary that day and neighbours heard me screaming from 600m out. Probably my favourite racing memory. Have a framed pic on my wall.

Oh the memories, hope ya got some of it left mate.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:43pm
he's been potted for a few years now...i thought it was overstated but in the last 12 months or so, i sort of came on board...his shockers are real shockers and there is probably too many of them in a season for a top flight jockey.

above that...what might compound it for punters is having to listen to craigs clinical post race explanations after murdering a moral.

brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:54pm
She's gone out to 9/3 on SB today, seemingly after the vet/stewards hoo-ha... Perhaps this drift is a concern? But I just put a bit more on instead
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

[URL=https://twitter.com/RVStewards]<span ="FullNameGroup" style="display: block; font-size: 18px; line-height: 24px; font-weight: bold;]<strong ="fullname show-popup-with-id " -aria-label-part="" style="text-decoration-line: underline;]RVStewards‏<span ="UserBadges" style="font-size: 0.9em; : relative; top: 1px;]</span><span ="UserNameBreak] </span></span>[/URL]
<span style="color: rgb20, 23, 26; font-family: "Segoe UI", Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; white-space: pre-wrap; : rgb245, 248, 250;">Veterinary Information: Bonneval passed suitable to race in Caulfield Cup (21/10 Race 8) by two RV vets following inspection this afternoon.</span>

on Sunline >>>    as Craig Williams guides Amelie's Star to a nose win over Bonnevel 9/1, ( overs ) with a superb ride.

Who was giving the mouth to mouth in your crystal balls???
Sunline...simply supreme
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

[URL=[URL=https://twitter.com/RVStewards%5d]https://twitter.com/RVStewards][/URL]<span ="FullNameGroup" style="display: block; font-size: 18px; line-height: 24px; font-weight: bold;]<strong ="fullname show-popup-with-id " -aria-label-part="" style="text-decoration-line: underline;]RVStewards‏<span ="UserBadges" style="font-size: 0.9em; : relative; top: 1px;]</span><span ="UserNameBreak] </span></span>[/URL]

Who was giving the mouth to mouth in your crystal balls???

lol   Jennifer Hawkins .....................Husband    lol
   I cracked up when I thought about Williams ... Nothing surer.
At the price I have to save my stake on her too...    
They have to break our hearts = too often.      I'm letting Amelie's Star run against me ... I will need m to m too if it happens.
Cheese & Rice it is a tough Race ...   That Fav is Unders big time.
We got that price almost in that 2 horse race today   2nd again aye .
Breeding Above All View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeding Above All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:55pm
Vet check and ordinary barrier draw.. Line through her for me
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Breeding Above All Breeding Above All wrote:

Vet check and ordinary barrier draw.. Line through her for me

That's why she is almost $10 on Betty
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 10:59pm
How can the stewards claim she was treated for lameness but the trainer denies it.
Who's lying?
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 11:00pm
How can the stewards claim she was treated for lameness but the trainer denies it.
Who's lying
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>