Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Bondeiger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bondeiger
    Posted: 27 Sep 2015 at 10:29am
I thought he improved sharply yesterday in an albeit weak race. When the winner shifted out he halted his momentum and I reckon he was another stride off a worthwhile protest.
Sunline...simply supreme
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 1:57am
Now with weir
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 5:32pm
good , gives him a chance
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 7:55pm
Geez, they sounded very upbeat on the radio this morning.
This fella has talent. I wonder what his issues were
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Geez, they sounded very upbeat on the radio this morning.
This fella has talent. I wonder what his issues were

DOB
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 8:06pm
cobalt poisoning
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 8:12pm
DOB

Date of Birth???
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 10:04pm
Danny O'Brien.
Sunline...simply supreme
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 3:44am
Being an entire always makes things a little more interesting, and many horses that are targeted for the VRC Derby end up with issues.

I don't know how popular a War Pass is going to be at stud but a 2nd in the VRC Derby and a 4 length 4th in the Group 2 Herbet Power is not even close to being attracting as a stallion, is there a reason he hasn't been gelded?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 10:01am
I can only think he'll start to show his ability. No doubt he has plenty but seems to put in a ripper of a run and then flops
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 11:38am
This was from last year

PROMISING colt Bondeiger was sold as part of a seven-­figure deal last year despite stewards knowing the horse had tested positive for cobalt.

Bondeiger, trained by Danny O’Brien, had finished second in the VRC Derby ­behind Preferment in November and was heading towards stallion-­making race the Australian Guineas in the autumn.

The War Pass colt, bought by Laurence Eales as a yearling, was valued at $1 million.

Stewards learnt that Bondeiger had returned a cobalt positive on November 21 — 20 days after his Derby run.

But John O’Neill bought into the horse on November 27 without any of the parties being aware of the positive test.

Stewards advised O’Brien and fellow trainer Mark Kavanagh on January 14 their horses had positive cobalt tests.

Peter Moody, whose ­cobalt hearing began on Monday, was told on January 13.

On Monday, the Herald Sun revealed that another O’Brien horse, De Little Engine, was ­allowed to run three times after stewards knew it had tested above the cobalt threshold.

The rules of racing state that “on the detection by an ­official racing laboratory of a prohibited substance in a sample taken from a horse” the lab must notify stewards who “shall thereupon notify the trainer of the horse”.

The Australian Trainers’ Association sought a meeting with Racing Victoria on Wednesday to discuss the issue.

De Little Engine’s owner, Jeff Dimery, said he would consider legal action if RV could not explain why his horse was allowed to race.

Dimery, owner of Uluru Stud, said if stewards had followed due process, “we wouldn’t be in this mess”.

The positive reading came from De Little Engine’s win at Ballarat on November 22 last year. It was revealed RV’s lab, Racing Integrity Services ­Limited, was informed of the positive on December 4.

Yet De Little Engine went on to win at Sandown on December 6 and Flemington on December 20, before running third in the Bagot Handicap at Flemington on January 1.

Racing Victoria was aware of six positive drug tests to ­cobalt when its chief steward Terry Bailey declared the 2014 spring carnival drug free and the “best’’ in a decade.

Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 1:38am
He was slaughtered last start and is the bet of the day tomorrow. Williams will be riding for dear life.
Sunline...simply supreme
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 1:54am
Have you backed him Sunny?
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 2:28am
Risk at the price.

Looking at the toppie Authoritarian to control from the front and fight them off. Carries top weight but apprentices can't claim and he's only giving a couple of kegs away.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Aurelius Aurelius wrote:

Have you backed him Sunny?

Yes, mate.
Sunline...simply supreme
Kingy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 12:04pm
Darn, just saw that AUTHORITARIAN's scratched. Think the race is between BONDEIGAR and the up and comer ONCIDIUM RULER who is very promising IMO.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 12:12pm
As long as Craig gets it right this time, he can't lose today
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 12:35pm
With the toppie scratched I'll reluctantly go for Bondeiger who I think is a bit of a muncher but comes in well at the weights here.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 1:12pm
Agree LR he is unders for mine
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 2:37pm
flea
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 2:39pm
Maiden hurdle next time
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 2:55pm
Sacked for life
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 3:14pm
Life for me too. Apologies to anyone who followed me in! Still didn't rate the ride by any stretch but he's a cat full stop.
Sunline...simply supreme
swanks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 7:37pm
All good sunny. At least ya put it out there. Next time mate👍 I backed jimivag ew. A 3rd would of been nice. Keep em coming though sunny
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 11:15pm
Interesting that both Bondeiger and Chivalry, two horses that should've been gelded a while ago, are owned by Eales Racing.

Looks like their desperately trying to create a stallion, money problems?
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Beliskner Beliskner wrote:

Interesting that both Bondeiger and Chivalry, two horses that should've been gelded a while ago, are owned by Eales Racing.

Looks like their desperately trying to create a stallion, money problems?

Had a look at their syndicates & they had big mark ups
Bi Carb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi Carb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2016 at 11:36pm
In the horrors ??
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 1:48pm
He's in my sack book but FWIW Weiry has declared him his best for the weekend tomorrow.
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 5:15pm
Can someone lock my betting accounts.
I've just put $20 e/w on Bondeiger.....again

Please help me
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 5:30pm
How did he go, I can't even find him?

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>