Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Big Chance For Jacques Luxe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Chance For Jacques Luxe
    Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 8:35pm
Brad Waters
19/04/2012

Freedman searches far and wide for apprentice

Hall Of Fame trainers Lee Freedman and Graeme Rogerson have ventured into left field to take a punt on a Tasmanian-based apprentice to ride for their fledgling stable.

Rogerson and Freedman received Racing NSW approval to begin training as a partnership atRandwick prior to Easter but the duo have looked outside the local ranks for a stable apprentice.

They settled on 31-year-old Jacques Luxe after watching him ride in a heat of the National Apprentices' Series at Canterbury last week, with Freedman offering the Mauritius-born Luxe a shot at matching it with Sydney's best riders.

"This is an unbelievable opportunity and I can hardly wait to get started," Luxe told the Hobart Mercury.

"To get the chance to work with one of Australia's racing legends is amazing. It is a privilege and anybody in my shoes would feel the same.”

Luxe arrived in Australia as a mature-age apprentice in 2006, starting his career with David Payne before he moved to Melbourne to work for Caulfield trainer Mick Price.

Luxe spent 4-1/2 years with the Price camp before venturing south to Tasmania in search of more opportunities. Luxe and his wife welcomed a daughter into the world four months ago, which prompted the jockey to reconsider his future in Tasmania.

"We have family living in Sydney so when this job offer came up I just had to go for it," Luxe said.

"I know it is going to be tough work but I am prepared to work hard, listen and learn and hopefully it will lead to riding many winners so that I can work with Mr Freedman for a long time.”

Luxe intends to move to Sydney in time to start work with Freedman and Rogerson on May 1.

Edited by Moderator - 19 Apr 2012 at 10:04pm
He's Not Heavy,It's My Brother
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 9:14pm
''...the chance to work with one of Australias racing legends''. And the other one is Rogerson!Tongue
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 8:44pm
Guadalcanal connections advised to be ridden forward from the wide barrier. Began awkwardly. Was ridden from the barriers and showed no early speed and as a result settled towards the rear of the field. Shifted out passing the 900 metres and raced wide without cover. Stewards questioned rider J. Luxe regarding his ride who explained that although attempting to ride to instructions he conceded he may have erred in shifting out near the 900 metres to a three-wide position. After viewing the films with J. Luxe Stewards were mindful he has limited opportunities to gain race rides, however, his ride on this occasion fell short of the standard expected and will monitor his riding progress in the coming months.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic