Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Broodmares
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Best Choice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Choice
    Posted: 28 May 2018 at 2:16pm
Hello, I have not posted a question for awhile, but would appreciate some input or advice on which of two possibilities we have for a mating with Top Echelon this season.
We won the service as a prize in a race recently, I have always liked the horse so it is quite a good one to win..
The two mares are:
She's A Royal 
Star Tress  (will go to stud pending a grim outcome to recent injury)

Looking at his black type winners, River Lad - in short the similar connections I see are in Beautiful Dreamer (Star Tress)
The other a listed winner - Lady Echelon has Secretariat in common (She's A Royal)

Obviously a small observation but a start.?

Thank you
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 3:08pm
No brainer for me - She's A Royal Smile
Sir Ivor, S/royal, Star Kingdom (Uma loves him) & Dodoma x 2 to add to his Nasrullah strains Smile

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 3:35pm
Hi Gaj both have some points of interest but maybe the younger mare is most interesting.  In she is from the female line of Canny Lad and one of Top Echelon's stakes winners is out of a Canny Lad mare.  I love the Nijinsky f x m cross and you have Umatilla from the same female line as Redoute's with the female line of Canny Lad so lines that have liked each other.  It's always a start.

The Other mare She's A Royal has the Secretariat and Sir Ivor cross and the female line like Wilkes and Mr Prospector blood so that is a bonus.  Surely you can find a High Chaparral son to send her too like Monaco Consul with his Special Cross to Nureyev in Zabeel and Star Way/Sir Tristram cross as well as the 1-l, 13c, 1-n 5h 3f etc blood this line craves.  That or just try Manhattan Rain.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2018 at 4:28pm
Thank you Gay and Furious, appreciate your thoughts, I too like both, but our younger mare is a slighter type, and on conformation, TE may give her some more strength and bone as well as the bonus of the CL family (which is what attracted me first when we bought her)
She's a Royal has abundant bone, strength and size.

GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 6:52pm
We have the thumbs up today on Star Tress being tested in Foal to Top Echelon. Very pleased with only one cover, thinking very lucky from what I have read, it has been a difficult breeding season.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 7:14pm
Super news!!!! I know a Vic mare who's recently foaled to him & she too went in with the one cover Smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply