Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Ben & Mark Currie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 22>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

[QUOTE=Xavier]The BRC have issued the ban from him attending their facilities, they can’t ban horses - not in their jurisdiction ; racing Qld stewards can only do that after a show cause hearing.
He will ‘show cause’ on Monday , then the stewards can ban his runners.

Make sense?[/QUOTE
Yep, its not real complex.  Surprised so many people are struggling to understand it.

Read on another forum a post by a bloke who has more than a clue about racing saying currie banned by liquor & gaming lol, was all smiles when I saw him on TVs a minute ago.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 5:19am
Ben Curries horses ran accordingly
EAD
barney136 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barney136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 8:18am
His father represented the stable  i thought he was disqualified must have appealed to  i guess
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 8:22am
As the BRC refused BC entry to the course, could they not also refuse his nominations, thereby bypassing QCAT?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 8:48am
They banned him under their liquor licensing law as per The Age which won't let me return having closed the page. In the 1st article on Bowman.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 9:14am
well he was at toowoomba track last night looking like he didn't have a care in the world. I see his legal team have asked for more time to prepare for his show cause which is scheduled at the moment for monday
adolphus twirk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 10:35am
More front than Myers. Should have been a criminal barrister.
ianb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 10:43am
More front than Myer adolphus twirk, you must love The Last Stride articles because that’s exactly what David Silver said about Ben, you need new material
adolphus twirk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2019 at 12:21pm
Haven't read the article Ianb but great minds think alike.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 4:23pm
5 years DQ is what’s doing the rounds. Brett Cavanough doing a Maher and taking over whole team. Announcement in next half hour
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 4:48pm
Wow, took over from Greg Bennett's 40-odd horses in work stable, and now possibly Ben Currie's?

Must be a pretty good manager.  Particularly given he allegedly had 100-odd horses in his Albury stables for which he received dollar assistance after EI hit some years back and cross border movement was subsequently banned.  Apparently about 60 more than usual it appears, many of which were allegedly about 13-14 hands high, or with extremely long ears, or of Islands in North Scotland appearance.  Wink

linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 5:51pm
All these big cheating yards should have their horses disbanded one by one.
to the victor
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 6:08pm
I PMd the news to a friend who knows the stables personally, her reply:

"I'd like him to get life, he's a sociopath, he has no feelings for anything Angry"
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 6:43pm
One of my sisters friends worked as a stablehand for him
a little while ago now, said he was ‘weird’ so she quit and went elsewhere.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 6:53pm
The way he acts on twitter is astonishing. Like he doesn't have 39 charges hanging over his head. Almost child like (not a stretch for twitter I know).
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 9:21pm
Currie suspended immediate effect!!!!
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 9:21pm
Fingers now crossed.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 9:44pm
Toowoomba trainer Ben Currie has had his trainer’s license immediately suspended after he failed to satisfy Queensland Racing Integrity Commission (QRIC) Stewards that he be allowed to continue to train horses in Queensland during a marathon show cause hearing on Monday.

Currie’s suspension will take effect immediately and will remain in place until the hearing of the seven charges issued against him on Friday, 15 February.

These include charges relating to the alleged use of "jiggers' on two horses, as well as unauthorised shockwave therapy.

In a statement, QRIC said the decision was made in the interest of the integrity and reputation of the sport.

Stewards have ruled that all horses trained, owned, part owned or leased by Currie shall not participate in any official race or trial, and shall not be allowed to nominate for any race or trial.

Currie has been provided with 10 days to provide for the welfare of the horses in his care while suitable arrangements can be made for these horses to be transferred subject to the approval of the Chief Stipendiary Stewards.
sowong View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sowong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

One of my sisters friends worked as a stablehand for him
a little while ago now, said he was ‘weird’ so she quit and went elsewhere.

Did she elaborate on his "weirdness", because that could mean a number of things.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 11:03pm
He was successful in gaining a stay from QCAT last time. Given the subsequent positive swabs and additional charges it might not be as easy for him this time round. With that in mind you watch his efforts to expedite the hearing after all his delaying tactics previously. QRIC should schedule his hearing for August 2024.
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2019 at 11:21pm

does the DQ mean he cant just go open a breaking in yard,like they did in the harness world?

chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 12:13am
Haha wired horse trainer?? Never heard of one of those!!
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 4:15am
Now Brett Cavanough is trying to move in and take over the horses. Good luck with that champ. You have already had one go at training up here recently and you know how that ended. QRIC seems to be serious in going after the rule breakers this time.
“Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.”
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 7:24am
Step up P Moody
EAD
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 7:25am
What has Brett Cavanough been guilty of?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 8:10am
Six years ago:

Brett Cavanough Fined $4200

Racing NSW stewards have fined trainer Brett Cavanough a total of $4200 after an inquiry into the analyst's finding of the prohibited substance Tetramisole in the post-race urine sample taken from the gelding Frog Hollow following its win at Albury on October 27.

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 8:12am
Congratulations to our racing police, at last.......but they stood up, and plaudits to them.

I see across the ditch our Kiwi ''friends'' are having fun criticising our racing, all the cheating here, etc etc.......at least our stewards and racing police are being seen to do their jobs, unlike NZ where in the 3 years I spent at a regional track we never saw one stipe, not one.......their racing is a complete nut job, no transparency, extremely limited TC02 testing, huge salaried administration staff and stipes that can't read a race with far too lenient suspensions handed out to jockeys.

They've also introduced an animal welfare page on their rebranded Love Racing (NZ Thoroughbred Racing) website but they have no idea what true animal welfare governance means.  As one "person" at my track told me, "if I can't sell it to Asia, I'll just shoot it"....and so it goes on and on and on.
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Six years ago:

<h2 style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-family: Oswald, Impact, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; color: rgb180, 178, 66; font-size: 40px; line-height: 50px;">Brett Cavanough Fined $4200</h2><p style="margin: 0px 0px 26px; padding: 0px; color: rgb68, 68, 68; font-size: medium; line-height: 24px; font-family: " Sans", Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"><strong style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Racing NSW stewards have fined trainer Brett Cavanough a total of $4200 after an inquiry into the analyst's finding of the prohibited substance Tetramisole in the post-race urine sample taken from the gelding Frog Hollow following its win at Albury on October 27.

Will be interesting to see if QRIC allow this charade to happen. Hopefully all business details will be looked at before allowing this to proceed.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 8:24am
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2019 at 1:40pm
Ben Currie message to his owners:

"Hi all, apologies for the delay in updating you on the latest QRIC enquiry after further slanderous claims and the consequent media barrage over the weekend," an email from Currie to his owners read.

"I was suspended from duties this evening despite my best efforts to fight this ongoing reputation slander.

"Your horse's welfare has always been my first concern, and I will continue to dispute any claims otherwise.

"I intend going to QCAT in the morning [Tuesday] and we are confident I will get a stay of proceedings and it will be business as usual on Wednesday.

"Please call me if you would like to discuss personally or email reply.

"I appreciate your ongoing support. Regards, Ben."

Sounds like he expects QCAT to do their usual rubber stamp for a stay.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 22>