Please visit VillageBet for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Ben Currie better watch himself

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 20>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

The article by Stewart wasn't dated here so it may have been accurate at the time it was released.

However that said the journalist in question is hardly noted for his journalistic cred. 

That was my fault on the copy paste. It's from today.

March 7, 2019 4:00 pm
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2019 at 3:53pm
 Thumbs Up
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 5:05pm
So Ben will have at least until April 24th as his hearings have been staggered until then, first hearing next Mon and then drawn out until we all fall asleep, god help us all.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2019 at 5:47pm
Should have the premiership wrapped up by then.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 7:02am
Terrible look on twitter whereby his mate Ciurleo is lambasting Rob Heathcote and Damien Smith and of course who should like the tweet? none other than Benny Boy.......classy act that, 
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

Terrible look on twitter whereby his mate Ciurleo is lambasting Rob Heathcote and Damien Smith and of course who should like the tweet? none other than Benny Boy.......classy act that, 

Old mate seems to be on twitter a lot.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 12:02pm
Continues to win races while laughing at Qld racing
EAD
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 11:53am
ext messages that are central in the case against Ben Currie have been revealed as the embattled trainer prepares to face a stewards’ inquiry on Monday.

Queensland newspaper The Courier-Mail reports that Currie sent texts to unknown recipients using the term ‘harped up’ and understands that Queensland Racing Integrity Commission (QRIC) stewards will allege the term refers specifically to jigger usage.

Currie sent one text message on March 5, 2017 that read, “Harped him up Wednesday morning. Changed his shoeing, Tried two new pain killers and drenching him tomorrow. Haha.”

Another text was sent on July 26, 2017 in response to an inquiry into the chances of a horse named Cordon Rouge racing at Gatton the next day.

“Yep harped up, claim, mile 3rd up. Surely.”

Currie’s legal counsel, Jim Murdoch, said during last month’s Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) hearing that ‘harped up’ could have many meanings including the ‘skilled preparation’ of a horse.

Currie regained the right to train his horses after successfully gaining a stay of proceedings at QCAT.

QRIC stewards allege that serious animal welfare breaches occurred in Currie’s stable including jigger usage on two occasions, unauthorised shockwave treatments, failure to report bleeding horses to stewards and race-day treatment breaches in contravention of the rules of racing.

Currie already faces 28 charges arising from a raid on his Toowoomba stables in April last year and four other unrelated positive swab charges.

Racing.com
11/3
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 12:23pm
The more that I read the more I think he may in fact be a sociopath (allegedly)
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:11pm

Now, I wonder who could have leaked the texts? any guesses?

Edited by Gay3 - 11 Mar 2019 at 1:13pm
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Xavier Xavier wrote:

Currie’s legal counsel, Jim Murdoch, said during last month’s Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) hearing that ‘harped up’ could have many meanings including the ‘skilled preparation’ of a horse.

Many here have been involved with racing for a very long time. Has anybody ever in their entire experience heard the term used in that context?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:17pm
Beggars belief.
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:19pm
Tubing on race day could also mean letting the horse watch TV
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

The more that I read the more I think he may in fact be a sociopath (allegedly)

I suggested that he’s a psychopath on here somewhere a month or so ago.
to the victor
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:29pm
Maybe the horse has had music lessons and learnt to play an instrument
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:33pm
He does train in QLD. Maybe 'tubing' means surfing

GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

LOLLOL

Then the drench is just a wormer???
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by GAJ GAJ wrote:

Originally posted by Lordy Lordy wrote:

LOLLOL

Then the drench is just a wormer???

No. That means leaving the horse out in the rain
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:43pm
Well he could be sipping on a milkshake whilst watching TV??
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 1:57pm
Lordy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 2:48pm
If text messages specifically said jigger he'd claim he was looking for a dance partner.
barney136 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barney136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 10:59am
Stewards  had  4 people from Toowoomba at the inquiry yesterday a jockey 2 trackwork riders and another trainer
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 11:21am
Part of the mafia (allegedly) or against

always cover yourself
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 3:28pm
As I can't find a thread on Ben Smith, I notice they have found embalming fluid in the sample taken from poor In Her Time. Now that's not only dangerous health wise, what insurance company would cover her now as a broodmare?

The owners will look for legal advice I would think...I know I would, Dear old Benny, has no idea what it was, how on earth did that get there? Of course Costello who he was buying off would probably know, but then, how on earth did it get into the poor mares bloodstream? What a bunch of cretans, I only hope the SPCA steps in with charges of their own.......
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 4:50pm
RSPCA do little other than kill lost pets and fundraise, so I wouldn’t get my hopes up.
to the victor
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by linghi11 linghi11 wrote:

RSPCA do little other than kill lost pets and fundraise, so I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

You have a point, surely when it comes to animal welfare there is a governing body that prosecutes cases of cruelty? Alleged as may be.
barney136 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barney136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 4:59pm
Couldnt find thread re Smerdon but he was up today on the appeal and is challenging the rights of them to cancel his licensce for life as he says he handed his in.Seems to forget he handed it in so  he didn't have to front yet now says  that please
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 5:09pm
Reckon he's missing all that lovely jubbly that jumped in, tax free too, ho humm.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 5:33pm
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Reckon he's missing all that lovely jubbly that jumped in, tax free too, ho humm.

Must add my reference to Barney 136 re smerdon post.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 20>
  Share Topic