Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Becoming A Greyhound Owner?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 1:56pm
Bit of a heads up to the horse industry to clean their act up.
If they start looking at wastage there it will be rather nasty, too.
animals before people.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 3:25pm
Sorry acacia.  If my house is burning down I'd want to save my dog but the children would come first.  An industry which supplies many thousands of people with a livelyhood is worthy of review but shutting it down is just plain too far. 

People matter also.  And all our governments seem to think they are better than an awful lot of us these days.

NSW is so proud to be in the black.  Our roads, hospitals and education could use some of that black. Our Premier needs to start helping people improve their lives not telling them - oh bad choice that is your livelihood, too bad we don't want it.  

It's like climate change - stop blaming people and get on with helping people cope with it.  Recycling, using less water, being more careful with food wastage.  Look into cheaper renewable energy etc.  Governments can and should do that instead of arguing about if it is or not happening.  It's happened before so it will happen again.  So you don't let councils build houses where storm waves have plundered before - even if it was 40 years ago.  It will happen again.  You don't let councils build up flood plains - they are there to stop other properties flooding.

Lots of measures our government should be doing and are ignoring to get into the all important black.  People are hurting and they are to blame.  Now we have an industry told it's no longer wanted.  Governments are good at that.  They shut down a industry my father was union director for.  He fought tooth and nail to keep it going in Australia.  He died of cancer.  We blame the stress they caused him.  He tried to save jobs.  Jobs are important to more than just the person with that job Acacia.  People matter to their families and yes they even have pets which will no doubt suffer also.  Dad's industry was mostly in the country so small country towns suffered.  It all goes around.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 3:43pm
So what will happen to all the dogs racing come July 17? A lucky few will go to other states, what will happen to the rest?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Great news....hope other states follow......we are not living in Indonesia or Vietnam !

I'm with you...and hopefully it is a wake-up call to thoroughbred and harness racing that they need to police their corners more effectively...

Clap
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Sorry acacia.  If my house is burning down I'd want to save my dog but the children would come first.  An industry which supplies many thousands of people with a livelyhood is worthy of review but shutting it down is just plain too far. 

People matter also.  And all our governments seem to think they are better than an awful lot of us these days.

NSW is so proud to be in the black.  Our roads, hospitals and education could use some of that black. Our Premier needs to start helping people improve their lives not telling them - oh bad choice that is your livelihood, too bad we don't want it.  

It's like climate change - stop blaming people and get on with helping people cope with it.  Recycling, using less water, being more careful with food wastage.  Look into cheaper renewable energy etc.  Governments can and should do that instead of arguing about if it is or not happening.  It's happened before so it will happen again.  So you don't let councils build houses where storm waves have plundered before - even if it was 40 years ago.  It will happen again.  You don't let councils build up flood plains - they are there to stop other properties flooding.

Lots of measures our government should be doing and are ignoring to get into the all important black.  People are hurting and they are to blame.  Now we have an industry told it's no longer wanted.  Governments are good at that.  They shut down a industry my father was union director for.  He fought tooth and nail to keep it going in Australia.  He died of cancer.  We blame the stress they caused him.  He tried to save jobs.  Jobs are important to more than just the person with that job Acacia.  People matter to their families and yes they even have pets which will no doubt suffer also.  Dad's industry was mostly in the country so small country towns suffered.  It all goes around.

if it wasn't this govt, it would be another...we are moving forward...greyhound racing, like pit-bull fighting, is a thing of the past...
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

So what will happen to all the dogs racing come July 17? A lucky few will go to other states, what will happen to the rest?

The same as what already happens only a fraction sooner for some.
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 4:22pm

They will be humanely euthanised ... along with all the trainers, stewards, vets, track maintenance, catering staff, kennel operators and bookies (there is a silver lining!) and anyone else who derives an income from the industry.Dead
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

They will be humanely euthanised ... along with all the trainers, stewards, vets, track maintenance, catering staff, kennel operators and bookies (there is a silver lining!) and anyone else who derives an income from the industry.Dead

I will make my peace with my brother before he is euthanised...Cry
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Great news....hope other states follow......we are not living in Indonesia or Vietnam !

I'm with you...and hopefully it is a wake-up call to thoroughbred and harness racing that they need to police their corners more effectively...

Clap

Bit rich coming from John McNair's number 1 fan.......
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Clap

Bit rich coming from John McNair's number 1 fan.......

Sick

you really are a sick mind...Angry

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 5:06pm
Lot of hate here but not much compassion for the innocent people who have been given a kick in the guts. Doesn't matter what you do, to be told you whole industry is gone is hard.  Two wrongs don't make a right.  And cars killing animals is different - just pointing out lots of things we do kill.  I can't imagine dog fighting is anything like a greyhound chasing a mechanical lure.  

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 5:13pm
... I'm with you furious ... a total over reaction, especially when cat juggling goes on unabated in many 3rd world nations ... PC crowd gone bonkers again - just ludicrous.Wacko

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 5:24pm
Comparing acts of cruelty & killing in other parts on the world in order to justify the greyhound racing industry belittles those making the claims, imo & don't believe every dead dog gets there via a bullet or vet because it doesn't. Ammo's pretty exxy these days.
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 5:37pm
Sorry but your old mate who said about greyhound racing full off corrupt people would be wrong
Like all racing industry there are those that choose to be corrupt are corrupt
Drugs,cheating, thieving from the hand that feeds it and animal cruelty
Sadly the whole racing industry needs a reality check and good on old dipgelati premier for at least making a stand
Who ever said self regulation works !!
All racing industry needs a clean up.from drug cheats, to the breeding industry, to the worms who syndicate ie professional
Thoroughbred standardbreed and dogs
Good start
let's make vets in the industry accountable
Let's make trainers in the industry accountable
Let's make owners in the industry accountable
And more so let's make the betting companies pay there kissung way or kiss off
And if you don't let's start like the proceed from crime loose ya house,family and freedom

As I have said before if I rob a bank for 10 k I get 10 years jail
If I drug my horse and win 80k and get caught I can't train for 6 mths
Woopy fcking do!!

Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 10:23am
Greyhound racing is not pit-bull fighting, that's a ridiculous strawman jujuno.
AndiCap View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndiCap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Comparing acts of cruelty & killing in other parts on the world in order to justify the greyhound racing industry belittles those making the claims, imo & don't believe every dead dog gets there via a bullet or vet because it doesn't. Ammo's pretty exxy these days.

You seem to have 'proof' of this?

There are some not unexpected ridiculous assumptions being made on this from people who do 
not know but heard it from 'a reliable source'- utter rubbish.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 11:30am
Whats happening with the greyhound industry is just proof in itself that too many good people buried their head in the sand for too long and said  , its not me so its not my problem .
Its been obvious they have been under the microscope for a long time.  Its up to ANY industry to be pro active, and move with the times.  If they dont, they go under.
How does that old saying go ?  About good people sitting back and saying nothing ??
Their controlling body had no idea how many shonky back yard breeders were producing endless litters and knocking most of them on the head when they couldnt run.  
17,500 pups in NSW in 1 year and only 7,000 ever raced.    That in itself is damming.
No wonder TB breeders dont like the new rego rules .
animals before people.
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 7:44am
Hell i know at least two people who have more rifles then ammo.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic