Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Australian Open Tennis 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 5:50am
Just flicked over and Kyrgios on struggle street again here. Some kind of shoulder issue apparently.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2017 at 8:35pm
Zverev out- converted 1 out of 11 break points.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 3:14am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Zverev out- converted 1 out of 11 break points.<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">

Coric is another future star but Zverev was pretty average yesterday as he was in the 1st round. So one of my bonus bets is out.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2017 at 7:26am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Zverev out- converted 1 out of 11 break points.<div id="UMS_TOOLTIP" style=": ; cursor: pointer; : 2147483647; : transparent; top: -100000px; left: -100000px;">

Coric is another future star but Zverev was pretty average yesterday as he was in the 1st round. So one of my bonus bets is out.

Dimitrov about to be rolled as well. Oh well.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2017 at 8:41pm
The low break point conversion rate of male tennis players often baffles me. I know the server has an advantage but why wasn't it an advantage in the 3 points he lost to get to break point? 

Even the great ones usually have a low conversion rate. Nadal took 14 break points today to get his first break of serve.Shocked
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 10:36am
Looking like a Fed/Nadal semi is a near certainty which will be nice for those going along. Even nicer for those selling tickets on the secondary market. Prices have nearly tripled in the last week. Now looking at a minimum of US$575 if you want to go along and sit right up the back.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2017 at 4:11pm
Del Potro sends Federer packing and my bonus bets have gone the same way.

Nadal playing much better than expected. Must have been the filip from me writing him off.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 9:46am
It's funny seeing Pat Cash, supposedly the ogre sexist of tennis, coaching a woman- go Coco.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 10:18am
Nadal has won the first 2 sets in the US open Final 6-3---6-3.

Broke serv 1st game of 3rd set .   Now up 2 games.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 10:22am
Thanks maxie, I'd forgotten it Thumbs Up
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Thanks maxie, I'd forgotten it Thumbs Up

Nadal now 4-2 in 3rd set ...      It is on SBS
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 10:53am
NADAL wins = 6-3 6-3 6-4
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 11:14am
Machine like performance Clap
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 12:13pm

The draw seemed funny ?       I'm sure they said Nadal went through
without playing anyone rated in the top 35 in the world.

He made the final look easy .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 12:34pm
With Federer not playing well in this US Open and Djokovic and Murray out of form and not turning up, it did not matter who Nadal played. He thrashed the second best player in the tournament.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

The draw seemed funny ?       I'm sure they said Nadal went through
without playing anyone rated in the top 35 in the world.

He made the final look easy .

Del Potro was 28
Anderson was 32

But it's a good point anyway. Unusual to win a grand slam without having to play any of the real top players. Not sure it would have a difference though as he was pretty dominant for most of the tournament.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 12:48pm
It was a foregone conclusion- no possible way Anderson could win unless Nadal retired hurt. I watched the Packers game.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 12:52pm

It was a foregone conclusion- no possible way Anderson could win unless Nadal retired hurt. I watched the Packers game.

Which was also pretty dull but at least I didn't know the result before kickoff.Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic