Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Australian Open Tennis 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I could tell Venus was in trouble from her first service game, where Muzuruga was having no problem returning. Court was slow which didn't help but wouldn't have changed the result. Went to bed after first set, when it was all over red rover.

Yep it was pretty clear that Muguruza was on top pretty much right from the start. Williams had a couple of break points but really apart from that she was under the pump. Second set was a wipe out so glad I didn't bother continuing to watch although it did only go for 25 or so min.
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

I could tell Venus was in trouble from her first service game, where Muzuruga was having no problem returning. Court was slow which didn't help but wouldn't have changed the result. Went to bed after first set, when it was all over red rover.

Yep it was pretty clear that Muguruza was on top pretty much right from the start. Williams had a couple of break points but really apart from that she was under the pump. Second set was a wipe out so glad I didn't bother continuing to watch although it did only go for 25 or so min.

Tonight will be a cracker. Want to see Fed add to his list of titles and he is deserved favourite but this should be a lot closer than the betting suggests. Could well go the distance.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 1:06am
Federer, what a champ. Just awesome.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:46pm

Tonight will be a cracker. Want to see Fed add to his list of titles and he is deserved favourite but this should be a lot closer than the betting suggests. Could well go the distance.

A bit of an anti-climax but a great result all the same. How does he still play like this at 35? Amazing!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:49pm
Rosewall made it at 40, admittedly got thrashed. Genetics have a lot to do with it no doubt and of course maintaining the desire
Winner of the TBV Champion Tipster Award
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2017 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Rosewall made it at 40, admittedly got thrashed. Genetics have a lot to do with it no doubt and of course maintaining the desire

Appears the runner up was gone in the fetlock.     Hard man Roger without injury .      No hope with some.
I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic