Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Australian Open Tennis 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 8:25am
Well I was going to read those last few posts but having taken a brief look at all the multi quotes, won't be bothering. Geez I find it a turn off Unhappy
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 8:29am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

<br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">And yet you didn't even know about the 30 seconds between points rule. </span><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"> </span><br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I can guarantee you don't know more about it by feel free to keep deluding yourself. </span>

stop adding laugh emoticons as though you're joking...you may pretend you are but are even more vehement than I...

I asked where Nadal broke the rules...you answered...I asked if he also bounced the ball too many times...where oh where in any of that was there an indication of not knowing the rules...

but of course, you're joking...LOL

You asked what rule he broke. Only someone who lives under a rock with regards to following the sport would need to ask that because it's a well known complaint regarding his play over a long period. But yes, pretend you knew about it after the fact and I will give you very well deserved

And don't tell me what I should and shouldn't include in my posts. Another well deserved just for you.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Well I was going to read those last few posts but having taken a brief look at all the multi quotes, won't be bothering. Geez I find it a turn off Unhappy

that's why I edited the last post...Wink...

will let E&E keep raving on...I've said my piece...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 9:16am
next he will say mouthing to Uncle Toni is breaking the rules...as if every player never does it...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 9:19am

next he will say mouthing to Uncle Toni is breaking the rules...as if every player never does it...

Just going off on tangents trying to clutch at any straw you can find now. Hilarious! (two just for you!)
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2017 at 9:26am
LOLLOLLOL
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 9:15am
how did you end up after the 2 weeks E + E, and are you betting on a tournament at the present ?
Winner of the TBV Champion Tipster Award
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

how did you end up after the 2 weeks E + E, and are you betting on a tournament at the present ?

I ended up approx +22 units on the Aus open. He first 4 or 5 days were a bonanza. After that things evened out a little and it was up and down but still trending up.

Since then I've bet on the Maui (final was Monday morning), Burnie & Dallas challenger events (level below the ATP world tour) as well as WTA events in Taipei and St Petersburg. Davis Cup round this weekend as well may see a few bets if I had time.

I will bet basically every week as the season only has a break between mid-November and the start of January. Next few weeks will see indoor tournaments in Europe, hard court tournaments in Nth America & Clay tournaments in Sth America. Aim will be to make some profit over this time before Indian Wells & Miami in March which are basically Grand Slams (they have 96 player fields for men & women) on hard courts also so hope for similar results to the Aus Open.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 9:30am
great result, nice tax free income Thumbs Up
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 10:37am

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by saintly96 saintly96 wrote:

Not at all I wanted Federer to win but people are allowed to speculate.

didn't see Stan but watching Nishikori it was pretty obvious that it was a genuine back injury

Federer had a genuine groin injury. There is no doubting that. Nishikori had treatment in the rooms and then later courtside, no different to Federer.

I don’t understand the problem people have with it.

Nadal actually bends the rules at times and nobody seems ro care.

you keep spouting this as part of your defense of your idol, Federer...

what rules has he bent?

Supposed to be 30 seconds in between points. Nadal regularly takes much longer and is rarely penalised.

even more laughable...next you will say he bounces the ball longer...

puleeease !!

Stop embarrassing yourself jujuno. You clearly have little idea of the game. It's clear where your opinions on the subject can be discarded.

I can guarantee I know more about tennis than anyone on here...I used to cover it...

Juju, I respect you, you know that, but you are as biased toward Rafa as I am to Federer.

You shouldn't guarantee that you know more about the game than others either. You may know an enormous amount, but you do not know what others on here have done.

I played the game at a high level. I am showing my age here but I played in highly ranked junior tournaments in SA for what was then known as Custom Credit state ranking points. I used to be coached by Ray Woodeforde (father of Mark). He is five years older than me, but I have practised with him at Memorial Drive.

I still play on weekends in the local comp and many of the promising youngsters I come up against would kill for my serve. I have mentioned all this in years gone by, so you know this isn't bulldust and made up on the spot.

I love the history of this sport, I remember sitting in my room as a child watching Borg win Wimbledon title after title on a tiny black and white TV.

I am not suggesting I know more than you, but I am suggesting that people involved in this thread are intelligent and knowledgeable enough about the subject not to have their opinions discarded on a whim.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2017 at 10:39am
On phone, sorry for any typo's.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2017 at 8:34am
Game, set , match Saintly Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 8:43am
Federer wins the biggest tournament of the year outside the grand slams this morning. Comfortable straight sets win over Warwrinka. Also destroyed Nadal earlier in the tournament. Fair to say he's back and up to 6 in the rankings.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 8:46am
Astonishing, he is having a renaissance , the Australian Open win has given him such confidence, it would be amazing if he became the dominant player in world tennis once more
Certainly has Nadal covered
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 8:58am

Astonishing, he is having a renaissance , the Australian Open win has given him such confidence, it would be amazing if he became the dominant player in world tennis once more
Certainly has Nadal covered

Not sure he can dominate like he did in the past but no reason he can't get back to the top couple in the rankings again and win more big tournaments. Djokovic & Murray have gone off the boil the last few months so doubt they have the intimidation factor that they once did. They are a long way ahead in the rankings but will be defending a lot of points this year while Federer is basically defending none. If he were to win in Miami this next fortnight he would go to number 4. Both Murray & Djoker are not playing due to injuries so you'd have to say he will be favourite.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 4:03am
Final of Miami and Federer v Nadal again. Worth getting up for so far. Great first set. Fed just won 6-3 after breaking in the 8th game. Both hand had their chances.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 4:49am

Final of Miami and Federer v Nadal again. Worth getting up for so far. Great first set. Fed just won 6-3 after breaking in the 8th game. Both hand had their chances.

Gets the job done in straight sets to continue an extraordinary start to the season. Now 19-1 for the year with the Aus Open & the only two Masers 1000 tournaments played in the bag. Up to number 4 in the rankings.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 11:10am
Interesting odds on Wimbledon- Federer 4/1: Kyrgios 18/1.

I reckon they are the only two chances. Yes, I am changing my tune.LOL
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:14am
Can Serena win Wimbledon this year? She'll be 29 weeks pregnant.Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic