Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Australian constitutional changes ..!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Australian constitutional changes ..!!
    Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 9:36am
So this weeks minority group issues that demand all of our attention and warrants endless spending of our tax dollars is whether to have Aboriginals recognized as part of the Australian constitution..Confused

meanwhile the roads are a mess, houses are unaffordable, schools are being overtaken by PC thugs and hospitals are overflowing and understaffed..

priorities..? 
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 9:42am
Roads, hospitals schools are state issues, the constitution is Federal, and it hasn't just arrived on the scene. Been promised at the last two elections.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 9:46am
Anyway, it isn't as if they are doing anything else in Canberra at the moment with our parylyzed govt They had no business at all to deal in the Senate last week so they debated the town of origin of the Chiko Roll and other issues of national import. 

I think they have time to deal with this ans SSM if they choose to.
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 10:26am
Our constitution is all about "the vibe" Fiddles.
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2016 at 10:28am
from "hope and glory" to  "hopeless and gory".
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 2:41am
Our first conquered people are at it again ... looks like it's "Treaty or The Bush" this time for these divisive bigots!

Anyone catch any of Q&A? ... I turned it off when I say the first bloke stand up from the crowd, and talk about how he was giving out leaflets at the 1967 referendum and was spat on " ... wasn't the first time I was spat on as a Black fella ..."

I swear this "Black fella" looked like Donald Trump having a good hair day!!!Stern Smile

That'll do me!Wacko

Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 11:02am
Indigenous leader Noel Pearson is alleged to have called Malcolm Turnbull a "white c***", Indigenous minister Ken Wyatt a "black c***" and Indigenous Labor senator Pat Dodson a "f***ing black c***", in what one witness described as an offensive tirade outside the Prime Minister's office.

That's pretty standard language for Pearson. Ask any journo he's had dealings with.
Big deal I say. I've been called a f**cking white c**t by an Aboriginal quite a few times. I do not regard it as racist. The white descriptor just rounds out the phrase when you're angry.

But on the other hand, if I call an Aboriginal a f***ing black c***, that's an entirely different matter, motivated entirely by my virulent racism and hatred of all black people.Wink
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 11:09am
I find pearson very opportunistic and untrustworthy. cant cop him.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 11:35am
I think he got everyone's attention
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 11:37am
pat dodson seems a champion fella.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 4:09pm
They are all selective racists - 90% of them are more non-aboriginal than they are "black fellas", and they discriminate against their own ancestors - give them nothing, unless they can prove their pure blood line.

Otherwise, we should ALL just identify as aboriginal and put our hands out for a racial discrimination claim if anyone questions us ...
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

They are all selective racists - 90% of them are more non-aboriginal than they are "black fellas", and they discriminate against their own ancestors - give them nothing, unless they can prove their pure blood line.

Otherwise, we should ALL just identify as aboriginal and put our hands out for a racial discrimination claim if anyone questions us ...

is it 8% allows you to tick the aboriginal or tsi box?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

Cabo you've almost certainly reached a personal low after posting the above un-argued criticism.

Perhaps you should further investigate his family history and accomplishments over 40 years in the public arena, and then confirm or retract the essence of your allegation.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Cabo you've almost certainly reached a personal low after posting the above un-argued criticism.

Perhaps you should further investigate his family history and accomplishments over 40 years in the public arena, and then confirm or retract the essence of your allegation.  

i wont be doing any of that. im allowed to have an opinion and make a personal observation of a public figure.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 7:03pm

i wont be doing any of that. im allowed to have an opinion and make a personal observation of a public figure.
& let me tell you.....Second Chance knows all about "personal lows". Painful !
I've only backed one certainty in my life....& it lost !
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 7:10pm
Oneonesit could well take a lesson from the fact that Cabo for his part had the class and poise to post a simple, straightforward response to my earlier post.

However we all know that's extremely unlikely.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 7:21pm

Oneonesit could well take a lesson from the fact that Cabo for his part had the class and poise to post a simple, straightforward response to my earlier post.

well I would not go that far,Smile

however I agree oneone posted a lowlife , scummy response, I am undecided about him at times, posts like that make up my mind
Winner of the TBV Champion Tipster Award
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 7:26pm

Certainly is ! Your M.O is as weak as piddle. If your going to take cheap shots you should at least be prepared to hang around & ague your case instead of putting your head back under the blanket. What makes you think your snipe deserves a "class" response ?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

however I agree oneone posted a lowlife , scummy response, I am undecided about him at times, posts like that make up my mind
We are good Whale
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

We are good Whale
   Last thing I want to do is upset you. For 2 reasons - I don't want PT on my back & I want you to start your tipping thread up again !
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 7:48pm

No. There is no percentage. If you're aboriginal you're aboriginal.

I am as white as a lily. Yet I have a cousin with the same amount of aboriginal blood as me who actually teaches aboriginal studies to aboriginal kids. Her kids where raised on abstudy (mine where not) with one of her sons completing uni with an aboriginal scholarship. She is accepted by the other aboriginals in that region as aboriginal (I'm not).

As a kid I was raised with aboriginal kids in outback NSW and we didn't know what a racist was.
I spent most of my free time down at their place on the river bank(built mainly of wrecked cars and corrugated iron) or rabbiting with them. I had my first taste of goanna at age 8 cooked on a fire we lit after catching him in a rabbit trap. We went to school together, when we decided to go to school.Embarrassed

But I'm white, so even though I'm still aboriginal I'm no longer considered aboriginal by black aboriginals because I haven't stayed in that region where our family was known. So I'm not accepted.

A well known aboriginal activist from the past is Lyall Munro from Moree area is a part of the same tribe (Kamilaroi). He has now passed but his daughter who lives in Moree has her family tree on the internet.
She is aboriginal, I'm not considered aboriginal by her. But she has downloaded a photo of one of my ancestors to use on her family tree.

I uploaded that photo when I took it from my grandmother's family bible. There were only ever two photos of her and I have them both. My grandmother was aboriginal as are her descendants.

Your 8% is a figure wheeled out from time to time. I don't even know how or why.

It's got nothing to do with percentage. It's a case of black and white .
But I'm aboriginal.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 7:53pm
Oh and I have been approached by a woman from SBS asking if I'd be willing to pass on all of my info to them so that they could use it.

Guess what my answer was.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 7:53pm
Serious question Scamanda - & not trying to be smart - what % aboriginal do you believe you are ?
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 7:54pm
The same as Lyall Munro's daughter.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 7:56pm
Thanks for that . I suppose you saw where it was heading
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

No. There is no percentage. If you're aboriginal you're aboriginal.

I am as white as a lily. Yet I have a cousin with the same amount of aboriginal blood as me who actually teaches aboriginal studies to aboriginal kids. Her kids where raised on abstudy (mine where not) with one of her sons completing uni with an aboriginal scholarship. She is accepted by the other aboriginals in that region as aboriginal (I'm not).

As a kid I was raised with aboriginal kids in outback NSW and we didn't know what a racist was.
I spent most of my free time down at their place on the river bank(built mainly of wrecked cars and corrugated iron) or rabbiting with them. I had my first taste of goanna at age 8 cooked on a fire we lit after catching him in a rabbit trap. We went to school together, when we decided to go to school.Embarrassed

But I'm white, so even though I'm still aboriginal I'm no longer considered aboriginal by black aboriginals because I haven't stayed in that region where our family was known. So I'm not accepted.

A well known aboriginal activist from the past is Lyall Munro from Moree area is a part of the same tribe (Kamilaroi). He has now passed but his daughter who lives in Moree has her family tree on the internet.
She is aboriginal, I'm not considered aboriginal by her. But she has downloaded a photo of one of my ancestors to use on her family tree.

I uploaded that photo when I took it from my grandmother's family bible. There were only ever two photos of her and I have them both. My grandmother was aboriginal as are her descendants.

Your 8% is a figure wheeled out from time to time. I don't even know how or why.

It's got nothing to do with percentage. It's a case of black and white .
But I'm aboriginal.

good read. i cant remember where i saw the 8% figure but i did read it somewhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic