Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

April is still summer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: April is still summer
    Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 12:19pm
30' today

This is the real 4 seasons:

Summer- December, January, February, March, April- 5 freakin' months of freakin' summer.Angry
Autumn- May
Winter- June July
Spring- August, September, October, November.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 12:43pm
I am like you, Tiz.  Fed up with it now.  Freakin' summer !   Its mid 30ies today,,,again !!!!!   Step outside to do anything and the bugs and horse flys eat you alive, and huge mossies at night.  Too hot to do much and sweat pouring off.  Bring on the cool weather !
animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 1:27pm
I do not mind this weather.

It is warm but at least it is not humid. That to me is the real killer.

reductio ad absurdum
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 1:32pm
Still humid- 58% at 11.20 am- never goes below 50%
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 1:48pm
27C and 61% humidity now, here and looking at medium term forecasts it isn't expected to change over the next month, and then only drop to normal Autumn temps through Winter, unless this La Nina flips. No Winter this year otherwise Ouch 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 4:46pm
Yes its the humidity I hate.  Its been well over 50% for weeks.   Some days its the high 60%s.   Supposed to be a cool change tonight keeping tomorrow nice, and then temps to go up again all week.
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 1:01am
Daylight saving all year round!Thumbs Up
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 1:25pm
Last night the cool change came thru like a cyclone , for about an hour, blowing things around like crazy.  Then it just went back to normal, and its stinkin' hot again today.  And humid.  It builds up as the day goes on and mid afternoon its nasty. If I go out to water my garden of an evening the mossies are like dive bombers .
animals before people.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2018 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Last night the cool change came thru like a cyclone , for about an hour, blowing things around like crazy.  Then it just went back to normal, and its stinkin' hot again today.  And humid.  It builds up as the day goes on and mid afternoon its nasty. If I go out to water my garden of an evening the mossies are like dive bombers .

Could be worse- you could be in Broome. That place sounds horrid. Can't believe it's a popular tourist destination.

www.bom.gov.au/wa/forecasts/broome.shtml
 Post Reply Post Reply