Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Anyone got a spare plane for Margaret?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

When I was young, I knew a bloke who had his girlfriend's name tattoed on his upper arm......when the bust-up came, no problem, he had a black panther tattoo cover it over completely !

yes, life evolves...and what seems important at twenty can seem embarrassing at fifty...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 10:48pm
Most tattoos look hideous, to my eye. If others want them, go for it, but it is a matter of huge regret for many, as they get older.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 10:53pm
I know another fella that spent a small fortune on laser treatments, trying, not altogether successfully, to erase some body tattoos, that supposedly his lady friend was repulsed by.....I am not entirely sure that was the issue, but she departed the scene soon after anyway.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

how do you feel about Maoris, Samoans, African tribes who decorate their bodies ?

just answered that...

I bet Margaret hates tattoos too...

Image result for tennis tattoos
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 10:57pm
You have to wonder how attractive those tatts on the young girls will look in 50 years when it all sags and fades.
I dont mind a small pretty tatt on a girl.  Butterfly or rose or unicorn or whatever.
But ink from  a*hole to elbow looks nasty.
And a lot of the tatts arnt even attractive.
Some gross skull with worms in it,  or nuts and bolts,  or a massive great tongue, or a spider web on the neck. 
I mean, it isnt even attractive on paper , let alone on a body.

animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 10:57pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 10:58pm
funny when you think back, decades ago, people were disgusted by German concentration camp inmates having numbers tattoed on their forearms, as if they had been disfigured or branded for life. That is easily covered by a sleeve, and in the European climate, easy to hide. Now people are getting tats climbing up their neck to their ears, and no-one blinks an eye.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

how do you feel about Maoris, Samoans, African tribes who decorate their bodies ?

just answered that...

Lol JJ,  he isnt even attractive, let alone the tatt.  Ermm
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

You have to wonder how attractive those tatts on the young girls will look in 50 years when it all sags and fades.
I dont mind a small pretty tatt on a girl.  Butterfly or rose or unicorn or whatever.
But ink from  a*hole to elbow looks nasty.
And a lot of the tatts arnt even attractive.
Some gross skull with worms in it,  or nuts and bolts,  or a massive great tongue, or a spider web on the neck. 
I mean, it isnt even attractive on paper , let alone on a body.

the joke with my daughter is: she is petrified of needles...had to have a numbing patch on her arm before having her compulsory tetanus shot to work at the vets...refuses point blank to have a flu shot or blood test...but sits for hours in agony to have tattoos on her arm...

I'm the opposite...have blood tests, needles, without flinching...but the thought of being awake while someone digs an inking needle into my flesh makes me cringe...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

just answered that...

Lol JJ,  he isnt even attractive, let alone the tatt.  Ermm

prefer him to Federer anytime...
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 11:15pm

funny when you think back, decades ago, people were disgusted by German concentration camp inmates having numbers tattoed on their forearms, as if they had been disfigured or branded for life. That is easily covered by a sleeve, and in the European climate, easy to hide. Now people are getting tats climbing up their neck to their ears, and no-one blinks an eye.

geez you come up with some convoluted, irrelevant statements
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 11:17pm
I'd have thought tattoos would be the least of their worries, but it was blown up as to be something of significance.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 11:21pm

geez you come up with some convoluted, irrelevant statements 
yours are just irrelevant.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 11:21pm

I'd have thought tattoos would be the least of their worries, but it was blown up as to be something of significance.

duh...wonder why?

Max...I can't believe some things you post...

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 11:22pm
lol the sniper JBE has returned, in Western Australia now , yeah sure, you are fooling us all Wink
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 11:23pm

seriously Max, are you okay Ouch
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 11:23pm

I love lesos, good looking ones, a threesome would be hot Smile

another choice statement whale! irrelevant 
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

thought that would appeal to you JBE Smile

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

as is this statement...hypocrisy once again...Evil Smile

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 12:20am
One of those big butch lesbians would give Whale what-for !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017 at 12:40pm

Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Hardcore PC circles. Bloody hell.

You have to be grateful your mother was not a lesbian, sub.

Couldn't care less. Lesbian couples have kids too, Maxy.....

They certainly do, and I'm afraid that is not the ideal environment to bring children into. I have been around the ridges long enough to encounter quite a few people raised in "step" situations, and overwhelmingly, the reportage of that experience, is not positive. And really that is what the situation is with lesbian couples, they have children that only one partner is invested in, biologically. Despite all the good intentions, that often translates into fractured situations where children feel, and frequently are, regarded as an inconvenience, or a nuisance, by the other "parent". Blood is thicker than water, was the old cliché, but it still holds true. Sure, you hear of children raised by a partner "as if their own" and it no doubt has happened myriad times, but on the whole, the less likely outcome. I have a lot more respect for women raising children on their own, than with non-parent partners, of the same or opposite sex. But with lesbian couples that have no children, but decide to have them, that is always the starting situation, and on the balance of probabilities, those kids are starting behind scratch.

load of rubbish, as usual...we have two children in our extended family, result of a lesbian relationship...the couple have since parted ways and the children live more with the non-related parent because the actual mother is ill with Lyme disease...both children are well-adjusted, well educated, loved and appreciated by our family, despite not actually being "blood" relations...

to generalise like that is just ignorant...every case is different...I know masses of what you would refer to as "normal" families who have mal-adjusted children...

On the balance of probabilities, like I say, a child will be more secure in the care of the biological parent. How many times have you heard about people who left home very early, who did so because of an intolerable conflict with the step-mother or father. Be assured that the expression "He raised that kid as if he was his own" doesn't come to be used because it is the normal situation. In every lesbian couple situation, that will be put to the test with every child.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic