Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Anyone got a spare plane for Margaret?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

don bradman would have been crucified by the social engineering left wing cult had he played in todays era.

But don't have an opinion on Anzac Day, or the social engineering right wing jingoist cult will have your balls.....
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 2:47pm

don bradman would have been crucified by the social engineering left wing cult had he played in todays era.

Wasn't he a cricketer? Who would give a rats what he thinks?Confused

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 3:07pm
Bradman might have been a brilliant cricketer but was a pr1ck of a man, dunno why he's even mentioned here.

Did over Keith Miller for Ian Johnson, did over Hassett because he (Hassett) was Catholic, adamantly opposed to adequate let alone appropriate remuneration for Test cricketers, ensured his mates forever managed overseas tours, locked partners out of the stockbroking businesswhich he took over while they were at war -something he avoided because of his bursitis (which never appeared to affect his cricket), refused to rake over the traps at Kooyonga or Royal Adelaide after he'd gone into them.  The list goes on and on.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Bradman might have been a brilliant cricketer but was a pr1ck of a man, dunno why he's even mentioned here.

Did over Keith Miller for Ian Johnson, did over Hassett because he (Hassett) was Catholic, adamantly opposed to adequate let alone appropriate remuneration for Test cricketers, ensured his mates forever managed overseas tours, locked partners out of the stockbroking businesswhich he took over while they were at war -something he avoided because of his bursitis (which never appeared to affect his cricket), refused to rake over the traps at Kooyonga or Royal Adelaide after he'd gone into them.  The list goes on and on.

LOL This was my favourite!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 3:19pm
Thought you'd like that Subbie.  Sounds trivial, but all to do with a sense of entitlement.
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 3:48pm
actually, if don was vehemently against catholics, the sjw would have given him a pass on anything.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 3:54pm
Do you EVER stop obsessing about Catholicism and feeling picked on Ouch
Winner of the TBV Champion Tipster Award
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

what are you talking about? 🙏🎄⛪️
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 4:07pm
Um it seems that we all have to agree instead of agreeing that we all are different - some more than others.  So a Champion of a Sport isn't a drug addict or a massive drunk or  disruptive in public - well I don't know the last and maybe there is an ego there but that seems part of a Champions life.  (We all talk about the Champions mare like Sunline who had definate likes and dislikes)

Here we are with a person with an opinion.  Well I hate plenty of things also and don't agree with all the things others do - I also don't expect them to agree with everything I do - I'm human.  When did Australians get so vindictive.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 4:15pm
I need to know what Nick Kyrgios thoughts are on the Turnbull govts strategy for budget repair. 
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 4:16pm

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

what are you talking about? 🙏🎄⛪️

is it possible that you have zero self awareness, speaking of kooks Confused
Winner of the TBV Champion Tipster Award
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 4:21pm
A bit like the Bob Dylan song furious, " The answer my friend is blowing in the wind", if we had more people like you in this world it would be a far better place, your a   
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 4:37pm
I make mistakes too Carioca - hense I'm human.  No one on this planet is perfect even if we seem to expect it of each other.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Um it seems that we all have to agree instead of agreeing that we all are different - some more than others.  So a Champion of a Sport isn't a drug addict or a massive drunk or  disruptive in public - well I don't know the last and maybe there is an ego there but that seems part of a Champions life.  (We all talk about the Champions mare like Sunline who had definate likes and dislikes)

Here we are with a person with an opinion.  Well I hate plenty of things also and don't agree with all the things others do - I also don't expect them to agree with everything I do - I'm human.  When did Australians get so vindictive.  

When bigots wanted to deny others happiness?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 4:45pm

I make mistakes too Carioca - hense I'm human.  No one on this planet is perfect even if we seem to expect it of each other.

" Nobody" was perfect furious, remember him?..John Eales, wallaby captain.
that was his nickname
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I need to know what Nick Kyrgios thoughts are on the Turnbull govts strategy for budget repair. 

It's only called gambling when you lose
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

When bigots wanted to deny others happiness?

Vindictive is their standard routine. Enemies of free speech.

"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too."

Voltaire
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 5:07pm
I do not deny Margaret Court has the perfect right to express her opinion.

I also have the perfect right to call her a bigot.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 5:17pm
Jumping online and sprewing hate doesn't solve the issue.  

The generation before mine have different views to mine, despite the fact that they raised my generation.  Sometimes I cringe at something one will say but they are a product of their era the same a I am of mine.  The issue here is that everytime someone says something someone else doesn't agree with there is no I beg to differ sort of reply.  Only jump on and grind them down.

What about the fact that my local Catholic School had a christmas concert without one Christmas Carol sung.  No wonder I can't get them into the Church Choir anymore.  Sure we have issues in the Church I don't agree with but I've meet more good than bad people also.  Some totally bewildered with the world they live in.  But it's not the good that the younger generation is hearing about only the bad.   

I'm a westie and apparently that means I live in the Australian slums.  That is one persons view of the world.  My daughter went to Sydney University and most of the time she was meet with the idea that no one smart could live out here.  People are people we have to live with the fact that we are all equal with different ideas and ideals.  You know what - Australia has always survived that before without resorting to massive killing sprees ect.  We are a tolerant society which has been enriched by accepting everyone to our shores.  Just leave your hatred at the border and we will accept you.  If you start saying stupid things there was always someone who would tell you truth of the matter without resorting to hate mail or email or internet etc.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 5:38pm
Good stuff.
"She's going through a growth phase." - GW
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 5:48pm
We're not really "all equal" Furious. Some people are much nicer than others. Some are born scumbags & can never change. Some are ugly , stupid , bright , fat , skinny ,.......I think this starting point of "all equal" causes a lot of problems
I've only backed one certainty in my life....& it lost !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 5:54pm
I mean seriously.....could you ever equate PT to Whale.......or me to Subbie......or Dr E to Yasmin..   
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 5:56pm
"some people are born scumbags and can never change...." must surely rank as one of the most ignorant posts ever on this site.

Scumbaggery is an inherited trait?  People can't escape the message in the genes?  The mind boggles.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 6:00pm
You are all different (that's for sure) but you all have some good ideas and I agree with some and not others.  I don't think I hate any of you but I really get sick of all the name calling.

While equality doesn't mean the same as every one is rich or poor or dumb or smart etc.  If the TV has it right I wouldn't want to be equal to Mr Trump with his idea that he is always the one who knows the answer or that he is always the best.  Equality is more a case of respecting each other and our individual roles on this planet without having to be the same.  Accepting that we can't always believe the same thing without having a shouting match about it.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 6:01pm
I'm glad you chimed in on que SC. I was going to put you in my above examples - however didn't for obvious reasons !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 6:04pm
Some people are born bad. Some are born with great decision making skills. Genetics have a big say in how we go through life
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 6:08pm
Your post is heartfelt and sincere Furious however use of technology aside there is no difference to what MC has done and those that you state spew hate rhetoric over email and social media.

If Alan Joyce or Casey Dellacqua attended her church they should expect to receive her views on their lifestyle choices. They do not yet both are subjected to her opinions via letters she knew would be published on national print media.

In Casey Dellacqua's situation she received MC's commentary and disdain as to no father figure being present in her SS relationship upbringing of a child and what she decreed their indulgence in social engineering.

If MC is happy to put her views to national media knowing the furore it would receive I would suggest someone politely telling her she is misguided is not going to cut it.

She has a greater purpose. She's here to carry us lost souls back to God and reclaim the 7 mountains of society after all
It's only called gambling when you lose
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

it gets better,

margaret court arena put out a statement in response. You know its gone bonkers when arena's learn to talk and defend themselves.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 6:09pm
OK I do acknowledge that was too encompassing.  They are some people (mass murderers etc) who I shouldn't like to be equal with in any way.  But guys-I don't think any of you are on that list yet you all carry on very strangely sometimes.  Then out comes a very good statement.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 6:12pm
MC Arena management put out a statement in response to a tweey from Martina Navratilova to maybe rename the arena Shorten, Turnbull and the Victorian govt have been drawn into statements. 

She has certainly started something
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic