Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Anyone got a spare plane for Margaret?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Suspect most would have found the relevant post extremely hard to read, given the unfortunate problem that occurred when posted.

So just trying to assist, and so extremely sorry if you have a problem with that. 
Very considerate. Djebels post was fine on my iPad.....although I know different devices / search engines can do different things re format. All good & apologies for getting astropolous !
I've only backed one certainty in my life....& it lost !
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Fair enough Whale....it was a time when attitudes were changing quickly. I'd be surprised if her attitude re apathied had not softened now.....may be wrong. My point is so many areas have evolved... attitudes to religion , climate preservation , discipline , multiculturalism , & so on & so on. Not always for the better either imo. We seem to have made life so much more complicated nowadays. Can always remember my mother being really upset over the stolen generation debate. She honestly believed it was generally done to help indigenous kids.... that their was a lot of goodwill in the process. We now know that there were also many sad stories....however to brand that generation as monsters because of it was in her eyes a miscarriage. How many indigenous leaders would we have now if it had never happened ? Who knows ?

sometimes attitudes remain fixed in the past. for instance Macca has posted that South Africa, Zimbabwe are a mess since apartheid was abolished, implying that the darkies are not capable of running a country and were better off when their white superiors were in control.

As for Margaret some of the stuff she has come out with brainwashing by nazis, devils work it is sickening. I know she is a fundamentalist, isn't their something in the bible by which  white supremacists justify their views ?
Winner of the TBV Champion Tipster Award
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 10:36pm
WHALE..     I don't ever recall posts on Zimbabwe -- South Africa however ,   I will say now their change to what they have hasn't turned out to be good.
   I most certainly would never had agreed with that chit you write about implied white superiors.      In fact if forced to say who reigns in the brains dept. Dr Chan comes to mind & the Higher School & Uni results are certainly not in favour of your "white superiors " .
    The man with the most brains I know at the moment is an Indian Gentleman , employed in OZ by an Indian owned Company.
The fact he has chosen me as a good friend is further evidence he has brains +++.

You write repeatedly implying age is a minus -----    People with brains view it as life's experience and milk what they can from people who have, "lived it & been there done that".
   I do agree M. Court has now gone into the Religious mania stupidity but originally she was just quoting an opinion that marriage be for Normal people . Which Gays are not.     
I wonder if Common Sense . >
Will ever make a comeback.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 3:58pm

Actually I reckon there's a very good chance a few of the posters on here will be looked back on as absolute numties 100 years down the track. Unfortunately they will be long gone & others will bearing the brunt of their stupidity

First decent thing you have ever posted, just not the way you intended it....
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 5:16pm
I think the reference was to the HYPOCRITES like vous!Wink

... better get that QANTAS flight to Kuala Lumpur, fueled up and ready for Casey!!!

Oh the hypocrisy of the "Feathery Legged Yellow Ball Chasers" (thanks maccamax!) Confused 

WTA Double TourBMW Malaysian Open Doubles 2017

The Tournament Winner of the Year 2017 was after 2 played Final Sets (0 : 2) Player A.Barty/C.Dellacqua.ClapPartyBeer

A.Barty/C.Dellacqua won this game against the second Finalist M.Melichar/M.Ninomiya.

http://tennis.wettpoint.com/en/wta-double/bmw-malaysian-open-doubles.html

... meanwhile, whilst all of the radical lesbian tennis players and their triggered mates are calling for Margaret Court's head on a stick for voicing her Christian beliefs ...

Malaysia holds contest on how to 'prevent' homosexuality

KUALA LUMPUR (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Malaysian health authorities are holding a contest on how to "prevent" homosexuality and transgenderism, drawing criticism from campaigners that it was fanning hatred and violence towards LGBT people.

Activists say intolerance of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people has spiked in recent years in Malaysia, a multi-ethnic Southeast Asian country that is majority Muslim.

In the latest controversy, the health ministry's contest invites participants to submit video clips for categories including one called "gender identity disorder", according to details on the ministry's website.

The ministry described gender identity disorder, also known as gender dysphoria, and cited examples of people who are gay, lesbian, transsexual and tomboys.

The contest guidelines added that the videos must include elements showing the "consequences" of being LGBT, as well as how to "prevent, control and seek help" for them.

Homosexuality is taboo in Malaysia, where gay sex is criminalized, punishable by up to 20 years in prison, caning or a fine.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-malaysia-lgbt-idUSKBN18T10P

... but NO COMMENT from Casey! ... or Sam or Andy or Martina ... the irony is Casey picked up $12,000 for her doubles win, the competition winners get a paltry $935 ...

COME ON CASEY, HAND BACK YOUR TROPHY AND YOUR CASH!!! ... or keep your head down, and tell all your psycho Lesbefriends and supporters, to leave a truly principled champion alone, and stick to what you know ... munching carpet.Ermm
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 5:23pm
the lesbians dont mind gays in dubai and qatar either. $$$ too good.

johnny mcenroe ads some nice balance too.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 6:00pm
It's a reasonable point. People like Navratilova, Stosur and Dellacqua should take a percentage of the money they've made from the game and buy some perspective.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

It's a reasonable point. People like Navratilova, Stosur and Dellacqua should take a percentage of the money they've made from the game and buy some perspective.

They are given honorary straight status for the duration of the tournament.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Actually I reckon there's a very good chance a few of the posters on here will be looked back on as absolute numties 100 years down the track. Unfortunately they will be long gone & others will bearing the brunt of their stupidity

First decent thing you have ever posted, just not the way you intended it....
You do realise you are on the top of that numties list don't you !
I've only backed one certainty in my life....& it lost !
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 10:49pm
Um, yes. Also, it's numpties. When you are putting someone's intelligence down, it always helps to spell the word correctly.....Thumbs Up
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2017 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Um, yes. Also, it's numpties. When you are putting someone's intelligence down, it always helps to spell the word correctly.....Thumbs Up

Good to see so many with broad shoulders .

Some of us get some amusement out of the banter . Good for the soul.   
I wonder if Common Sense . >
Will ever make a comeback.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 7:58pm
STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 8:49pm

reductio ad absurdum

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:48am
So well deserved: Clap

Order of Australia: Same-sex marriage support pays off for Qantas, Joyce says

For Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce, speaking up on marriage equality is personal. But the airline's public support of same-sex marriage has been good for business, too, he says  – and now has earned him the highest civilian honour in the country.

As part of the Queen's Birthday honours appointments, the 50-year old airline executive has been made a companion in the General Division of the Order of Australia.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/aviation/order-of-australia-samesex-marriage-support-pays-off-for-qantas-joyce-says-20170609-gwnyv5.html

djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Order of Australia: Same-sex marriage support pays off for Qantas, Joyce says

For Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce, speaking up on marriage equality is personal. But the airline's public support of same-sex marriage has been good for business, too, he says  – and now has earned him the highest civilian honour in the country.

As part of the Queen's Birthday honours appointments, the 50-year old airline executive has been made a companion in the General Division of the Order of Australia.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/aviation/order-of-australia-samesex-marriage-support-pays-off-for-qantas-joyce-says-20170609-gwnyv5.html

Is it ?

After all the jobs the prick slashed, how many has he re-employed ?

reductio ad absurdum

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

<h1 itemprop="name line" style="-sizing: border-; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0.5em; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 2rem; line-height: 1.25; font-family: merriweather, georgia, serif; vertical-align: line; width: 940px; color: rgb29, 29, 29;">Order of Australia: Same-sex marriage support pays off for Qantas, Joyce says</h1><div ="advertiser-disclaimer" style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: inherit; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; vertical-align: line; color: rgb29, 29, 29;">
<div ="signature" style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: inherit; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; vertical-align: line; display: inline-block; color: rgb29, 29, 29;"><div ="signature__info" style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: top; display: inline-block;"><ul style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: line; list-style: none;"><li ="signature__name" itemprop="author creator" itemscope="" item="http://schema.org/Person" style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0.75em 0px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: line; : relative; display: inline-block;"><h5 itemprop="name" rel="author" style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 0.9375rem; line-height: 1.5; font-family: "Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: middle; display: inline-block;">Miriam Steffens and Patrick Hatch</h5>
<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px 60px 0px 0px; border: 0px; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1.625; font-family: merriweather, georgia, serif; vertical-align: line; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; color: rgb29, 29, 29;">For Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce, speaking up on marriage equality is personal. But the airline's public support of same-sex marriage has been good for business, too, he says  – and now has earned him the highest civilian honour in the country.

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px 60px 0px 0px; border: 0px; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1.625; font-family: merriweather, georgia, serif; vertical-align: line; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; color: rgb29, 29, 29;">As part of the Queen's Birthday honours appointments, the 50-year old airline executive has been made a companion in the General Division of the Order of Australia.

<p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 1em; padding: 0px 60px 0px 0px; border: 0px; font-variant-numeric: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1.625; font-family: merriweather, georgia, serif; vertical-align: line; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; color: rgb29, 29, 29;">http://www.smh.com.au/business/aviation/order-of-australia-samesex-marriage-support-pays-off-for-qantas-joyce-says-20170609-gwnyv5.html

stop trolling.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:09pm
Who chooses who gets these honours? I know anybody can nominate but someone must be choosing which of the nominations gets a gold star and koala stamp.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:28pm
they should have gave margaret one.

if she already has one....give her another one.

joyce should have got a custard tart.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic