Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Anyone got a spare plane for Margaret?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone got a spare plane for Margaret?
    Posted: 26 May 2017 at 12:34am
Clearly an enormous ego when you :

1. Found your own church, 2. flog your own book on its website - basic premise " How I won 7000 grand slam titles without ever succumbing to Lesbianism " and then 3. proceed to write to the CEO of our national airline via an open letter to a newspaper reminding him how many titles she won and as the Grand Cyclops of her divine institution she'll never fly on his deviant practice promoting airline ever again.

It's only called gambling when you lose
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 4:55am
If the Lesbian of Convenience Penny Wong, and the baron PM who couldn't give a toss about marriage, Joooolia Gillard, and the rest the hypocrites of the ALP were allowed to voice their opposition to homo's getting hitched, why should an Australian Legend and Icon, who actually achieved something and earned the right, be denied the same freedom of speech by the unhinged left wingnuts? ... just sayin'Wink
Yes Whale, I'm STILL undecided ...
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 8:12am
Agree wholeheartedly Doc with your sentiment re freedom of speech. She used her entitlement and plenty more used the same right of reply to denounce her.

Before yesterday what I knew of her was limited to being a revered icon whom achieved plenty in the sport of tennis. 24 hours on those achievements haven't changed yet through her action whether she likes it or not she will be remembered for different reasons and that reverence has gone forever.

I would suggest everyone now knows at best by telling the world she refuses to fly Qantas she has a classic case of deluded self importance. The fact that the arena owners have come out and said her opinions do not reflect their values I would suggest she will now more likely be viewed as a mean spirited whack job bigot.

Using a tennis analogy Hawk Eye would now be telling her her " serve " was out!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 8:17am
Yes Dr E ...       NatRAT wants the name of the Margaret Court centre changed .
Someone suggested it be called after Natrat .
BALLS,     isn't a pretty name tho.

The feathery legs don't like us heterosexuals, do they.
They are stealing our crumpet and think we shouldn't complain.
   SUM TING WONG about that.
WE REAP AS WE SOW = SO
    NO NO NO
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 8:24am
I guess there is a commercial opportunity here for a RWNJ-Air
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 9:10am
Does Joyce use Qantas to support marriage equality? In what way? I have not noticed any pro gay marriage Qantas ads.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 9:43am
I think Margaret Court is coping a raw deal, certainly she is coping a savage beating on social media.

I do not agree with what she says but she is not saying it through hatred she is saying through her misguided religious beliefs. 

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 9:46am
I agree with margarets sentiments, although i think the not flying qantas ever again stuff is over the top.

the reaction from the militant sjw crew is typical. she is pure evil now. ☠️
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 9:52am
Branson says that he supports Joyce position.

Margie might have to take the train to Melbourne next January
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 9:54am
Originally posted by cabosanlucas cabosanlucas wrote:

I agree with margarets sentiments, although i think the not flying qantas ever again stuff is over the top.

the reaction from the militant sjw crew is typical. she is pure evil now. ☠️

a ridiculous exaggeration to suit your views as usual. nobody thinks she is evil, just kooky
FORMER winner of the TBV Champion Tipster Award
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 10:36am
She would be getting on now wouldnt she ?   Speaking from experience,  Big smile  Oldtimers can be a curse at times .Cry
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 10:48am
Nothing wrong with Margaret imo, enjoyed her sporting career and her honesty when it comes to life's imperfections, I would rather have dinner with her than the CEO of quantas.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Nothing wrong with Margaret imo, enjoyed her sporting career and her honesty when it comes to life's imperfections, I would rather have dinner with her than the CEO of quantas.

are you a linguist, she does speak in tongues Confused
FORMER winner of the TBV Champion Tipster Award
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 11:04am
From her bio on her Victory Life Centre :-

Margaret is a woman of international renown, not only for her unsurpassed feats (62 Grand Slam Titles) in the world of professional tennis, but also for her strong and powerful Christian witness. Her strong and anointed leadership centres around truth, integrity and righteousness, which she feels must return to the church before they will be seen in the world. Having a great love for God, nothing motivates her more than to be instrumental in winning the lost to Jesus.

AND

The driving force in her call is a love for her nation and the nations and the desire to see God’s people equipped and trained to take back the seven mountains of society.

Whom are these seven mountains - Everest, K2, Kilimanjaro, Ben Nevis, Mount Buller?

I read the bio and one word sprang to mind - WACO!!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 11:07am
Seven Mountains ??  Confused     
I havnt heard about her in years , and now suddenly she is on the social media ?  
Is this because she has a book coming out, that all this is surfacing ??
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 11:18am
Speaking of whackos.  Has anyone read what David Hicks,s ex wife got a PhD for ?
She says bees are more dangerous to Australians than are terrorists.
She also says "one could hardly imagine a war on bees occurring any time soon and therefor it can be concluded that the counter terrorism laws have been largely politically driven "
Some of the other stuff she has written is just total whack job , but the uni gives her a PhD.
With people like this coming thru these unis no wonder there are so many whack jobs around Cry
Oh yes , she is a human rights activist Wacko
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 11:22am
don bradman would have been crucified by the social engineering left wing cult had he played in todays era.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 11:27am
https://www.generals.org/rpn/the-seven-mountains/

Lets change religion to ethics.  

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 11:28am
PS  I wonder what the Dawson, Johnson and Cheng Families think of Ms Brooks summation of terrorism in Australia ?
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 11:30am
You hijacking another thread AA? 
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 11:34am

don bradman would have been crucified by the social engineering left wing cult had he played in todays era.

Actually it was Catholics the Don had a problem with.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Actually it was Catholics the Don had a problem with.

and he couldnt understand anti -apartheid protests that would disrupt sporting events. he argued in support of the so called ' white privelege' too.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 12:20pm
One too many tennis balls to the Temple
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

are you a linguist, she does speak in tongues Confused

Well I am actually, a couple of scotches and I speak Swahili , we should get along.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

One too many tennis balls to the Temple

Funny M K, I like it fwiw.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Sworn Revenge Sworn Revenge wrote:

From her bio on her Victory Life Centre :-

Margaret is a woman of international renown, not only for her unsurpassed feats (62 Grand Slam Titles) in the world of professional tennis, but also for her strong and powerful Christian witness. Her strong and anointed leadership centres around truth, integrity and righteousness, which she feels must return to the church before they will be seen in the world. Having a great love for God, nothing motivates her more than to be instrumental in winning the lost to Jesus.

AND

The driving force in her call is a love for her nation and the nations and the desire to see God’s people equipped and trained to take back the seven mountains of society.

Whom are these seven mountains - Everest, K2, Kilimanjaro, Ben Nevis, Mount Buller?

I read the bio and one word sprang to mind -WACO!!!

Yes she does like the kind of nutter who'd have been caught up with the branch davidians given half a chance.

Thankfully hers are a dying breed.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Thought we were talking about whackos ??
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Thought we were talking about whackos ??

I don't know whether she is a whacko or not,  but whatever she is, she is entitled to her views, and as far as religion and whackos go, I agree,  all roads most certainly don't lead to Mecca,Smile
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 2:34pm
Margaret lost doubles matches for Australia, so she lied in her letter anyway. Probably worried by her same sex doubles partner.....
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

If the Lesbian of Convenience Penny Wong, and the baron PM who couldn't give a toss about marriage, Joooolia Gillard, and the rest the hypocrites of the ALP were allowed to voice their opposition to homo's getting hitched, why should an Australian Legend and Icon, who actually achieved something and earned the right, be denied the same freedom of speech by the unhinged left wingnuts? ... just sayin'Wink

70 percent of Australians believe in equality. This is not a left v right issue, just a decent v sh.t person issue.
Why anyone is interested in denying others happiness on something that doesn't involve them (especially if their reason is some ancient book of fiction), then that is a truly selfish way to live.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic