Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Another New Race To Be Created

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 12:53pm
It's simply an example in anticipation of negative responses TJ. Horses can improve dramatically as they mature as we know so a list of this year's better 3yo's would potentially miss some good horses. I suspect it might also have been a nod to the fact that the colts esp have been pretty mediocre to date.

The race is a gamble, perhaps with a HK/Singapore flavour of feteing 4yos? I had a quick look at 3yos myself using TF but most of the list is dominated by distance horses from OS LOL . Incredibly though it seems Racing Australia doesn't even have up-to-date lists of our top horses in each age group. If it exists it's bloody hard to find. Maybe if I send Barry a bottle of Grange he'll extract the digit and provide this very basic info. While I'm at it it's time to send RNSW a request that every NSW racecourse website be required to have a list of course records. Their total lack of interest in history and its importance to their clubs is quite frankly appalling.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

It's simply an example in anticipation of negative responses TJ. Horses can improve dramatically as they mature as we know so a list of this year's better 3yo's would potentially miss some good horses. I suspect it might also have been a nod to the fact that the colts esp have been pretty mediocre to date.

The race is a gamble, perhaps with a HK/Singapore flavour of feteing 4yos? I had a quick look at 3yos myself using TF but most of the list is dominated by distance horses from OS LOL . Incredibly though it seems Racing Australia doesn't even have up-to-date lists of our top horses in each age group. If it exists it's bloody hard to find. Maybe if I send Barry a bottle of Grange he'll extract the digit and provide this very basic info. While I'm at it it's time to send RNSW a request that every NSW racecourse website be required to have a list of course records. Their total lack of interest in history and its importance to their clubs is quite frankly appalling.

Agree fully. While you're at it can you ask for them to have a list of every horse under a trainers name on the site, owners too. I know AAP megaform has it but it's not something you should have to pay for
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 1:28pm
Racing nsw website lists trainers horses (well at least they used to.)
Even for non NSW trainers
"Go Hard or Go Home”
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Smoke and Mirrors Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

Racing nsw website lists trainers horses (well at least they used to.)
Even for non NSW trainers

This is true, I was more wanting the owners as if one is a seller its easier to go through the horses lol
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 1:39pm
Fair enough. Would be easier if it’s all in one place
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2018 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

I wouldn’t even bother applying for group status.

Breeders & buyers that hang their hats on black type are missing out. There’s only a handful of races in each distance group that are worth printing in a sales catalogue. The rest is a ratings exercise. I’d go as far as to say that the format of sales catalogues is a barrier to new entrants.

These are the only races worth mentioning by name in a sales catalogue. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234