Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Americain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v and m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 12:38am
wouldn't be concerned with that Tangerine, the main question mark with that mating is actually the duplication of blushing groom - might increase the chances of foal having bad legs especially when you compare America's bloodlines to Quest for Fame's and the type of conformation his foals had, not that it stopped quest for fame's progeny from winning though
ZAMINGA
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 8:49am
Or his rise up the broodmare sires table
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 10:48am
Interesting match to Americain for Giant Mystique. You are inbreeding to  Le Fabuleux who is from the 13-c family (same line as Wilkes).  Plus you have the 3-e line of Naskra (inbred to Blandford 5m x 5m).  Naskra goes back to Musket's dam Brown Bess.  Musket crossed well with the 13-c line of Juliet and a mix of 1-n has always gone down well with both.  Then if you look at Blushing Groom he carries three strains of Blandford 5m x 4f, 5m.  Blandford once again carries that 13-c blood through Canterbury Pilgrim and his sireline is that of John o'Gaunt who decends from Brown Bess.  The 13-c seems to be like lightning to 1-n.  They pick each other up.  Well look at some of the Juliet lines in Australia.  Check the pedigrees of the best and the majority have a mix of the above three lines.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 11:03am
Furious, where is the best place to find the family numbers?
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 12:11pm
Bloodhound and the Stud book.  The Studbook only gives the female line.  Bloodhound gives the entire pedigree when you get one.  You still have to take some lines with a grain of salt but check for the sires of certain lines breeding true.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 12:30pm
Thanks Furious-looked at Bloodhound. Problem with Studbook a lot of the overseas horses don't have any family numbers so you have to find them from elsewhere.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
bradjm View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 1:50pm
Pedigreequery.com if you subscribe
v and m View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v and m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 4:49pm
at pedigreequery you don't have to subscribe to get the numbers all you have to do is type in the name of the horse you want, right click on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd dam of that horse and click progeny and it will come up with a list of progeny and next to them on the right will be their family number
ZAMINGA
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 5:18pm
Just easier to get the lot in one pedigree from Bloodhound.  If you select the 5 generation pedigrees they are for free.
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2013 at 8:27pm

Hello from Germany,

Regarding the "family numbers", the German Thoroughbred Studbook still listed these figures ,eben in teir newest issues.

Maybe it's a bit surprising, Tiger Hill, who obviously stood 1 - 2 saisons in AUS traces back to Brown Bess, via the wellknown Baroness La Fleche/La Fleche, Manduro is from the same family, but through a very unknown branch, see my list below.

Fam. 3-f           Tiger Hill (C) by Danehill, Tigerin (F) by ProdomoÞ Fam. Cinna/UgandaÛ Polymelus, John O’Gaunt, Pont L’Eveque, Straitlace

The Filly (Appiani II) - Tigress Silver (St. Chad) - Templeogue (Prodomo) - Tilla (Birkhahn) - Trixi (Biribi) - Tonnelle (Bubbles) - Bow Window (Grand Parade) - Sunbow (Sunstar) - Baroness La Fleche (Ladas) - La Fleche (St. Simon) - Quiver (Toxophilite) - Mare by Young Melbourne (Young Melbourne) - Brown Bess (Camel)

Fam. 3-f           Manduro (C) by Monsun, Mandelbaum (C) by KönigsstuhlÛ Ginevra, Musket

Mandellicht (Be My Guest) – Mandelauge (Elektrant) - Mandriale (Norfolk) - Mariapolis (Acropolis) - Mary Brandon (Owen Tudor) - Nipotina (Felicitation) - Figliastra (Son-In-Law) - Daniella (Chaucer) - Lady Dan (Cornstalk) - Sagittari (Oberon) - Mitrailleuse (Brother to Strafford) - Mare by West Australian (West Australian) - Brown Bess (Camel)

Best regards, Ticino

KK30 View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 6:49pm
Greetings, just wondering what everyones thoughts are on a Secret Savings mare for Americain?

Dynaformer seems to nick well with Seeking the Gold but that's about the extent of my knowledge with pedigrees...
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 7:38pm
Need a name KK30.  Secret Savings is just one part of the parcel.
KK30 View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2013 at 9:36pm
Thanks Furious

Mares name is Lubna
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 12:12am

Well to be truthful I think the last two generations have moved away from what the dam line has worked with.  This is the family of Canny Lad, Canny Lass multiple G1 winners. These are both by Bletchingly. Then you have Sepoy multiple G1's, and Camarilla G1 winner both by Elusive Quality - so the Mr Prospector line.  But these two have Northern Dancer and his sire Nearctic 14-c.  So I think Hyperion, Biscay, Bletchingly, Fairway, Nearctic or a mix there of.  A bit like the mix of Danehill, Bletchingly and Lunchtime which worked so well.

You even have so many members of your female line to breed back to.  The young stallions Rothesay and Sepoy.  All the many sons of Redoute's carry Canny Lad, Lunchtime, Danehill, Hyperion, Bletchingly - well the right mix.
Americain would give you the Northern Dancer 5f x 5m and Mr Prospector to his female line of 1-n.  But you are moving away from the blood which has given so many stakes winners from this line.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 12:01pm
Surely people with Dansili mares must be salivating at the prospect of mating with him , Dansili / Blushing Groom cross has been quite successful .
jayzaa View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 12:36pm
120+ booked already
www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream
KK30 View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KK30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 6:31pm
Furious, thanks again for the feedback. She's in foal to Master of Design so I hope you're right about breeding to a son of redoute's!
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 6:57pm
is that 120  plus booked to americain ??
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 7:35pm
Do you mean 120 dansili mares?
jayzaa View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 7:45pm
120+ already booked to Americain
www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 8:53pm
Well that a bloody good start reckon some nice mares as well will find their way there i thought j heard that they have a max number that he will serve
jayzaa View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayzaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013 at 9:00pm
Yeah, I think he's nearly there
www.keffelstein.com

gotta live the dream
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2013 at 8:33pm
The latest on swettenhams april newsletter is he is nearly full book sign to go up and the demand for host has been overwhelming as well
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 10:02pm
Did anyone go to the stallion parade be interested on how he looked as he wouldn't of let down yet , . Also how host looked
G Kay View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G Kay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 10:06pm
Apparently he's not close to being booked out - only served 70 odd in America as well
I hate being proven wrong but I am ok with being "enlightened" every now and then
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 10:08pm
I saw a pic of each on FB, probably Kristen Manning so perhaps google her & they might come up. Americain looked to me as he did when racing but Host..............built like a massive bloody tank Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013 at 10:32pm
The first time I saw Hussonet I got the same impression.  Muscles on muscles.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 2:33am
Originally posted by jayzaa jayzaa wrote:

120+ already booked to Americain

And people say no one wants to breed plodders....

Clap wonderful effort to have a full book imo.
Panspermia.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 12:11pm
i saw Americain at Calumet in May but he hadnt let down much at that time. I do have pics but dont know how to post, so PM me if interested.  I would be interested to see the difference between now and back then , too, if anyone went last weekend ?
animals before people.
maxamill View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxamill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2013 at 12:08am
150 mares for americain that's a good start. But I think they priced him right just reachable for the bred to race and also cheap for the commercial players. Good job. Now the wait and see
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>