Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Aloisia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 8:44am
Inconclusive as she was hammered, stopped riding, then got going last 200m to hit the line. I wouldn't be spelling her unless she pulled up poor from the run.

They should push on to the Vinery as she has not been fit as yet. That said, I'm sure she will run into Bring Me Roses in the Vinery who will love the step to 2000m and is going much better.
Sunline...simply supreme
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 8:57am
Spelling her, unless injured from being polaxed, would be moronic
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 8:58am
Fastest last 200 of the race, though admittedly did no work early. Jock did the right thing after the check and essentially gave her a barrier trial. Be very interested in the price she goes up in the Vinery-expect sharp improvement.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 9:04am
Originally posted by JudgeHolden JudgeHolden wrote:

Fastest last 200 of the race, though admittedly did no work early. Jock did the right thing after the check and essentially gave her a barrier trial. Be very interested in the price she goes up in the Vinery-expect sharp improvement.

She makes the Stewards reports quite often.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 3:08pm
She is quite small.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 10:38pm
Accardi's view fwiw. From Racenet (extract):

Aloisia was the massive forgive run.

“On the data she should not have missed the money – in fact it is possible she could have tested Grunt.

“She travelled 6.7 lengths above the benchmark in the first section, then from the 800m to the 400m, plus 3.9 lengths above benchmark. She then had a horrendous slowdown, following the interference, between the 400m and the 200m of 8.5 lengths.

“She finished off the race at 1.4 lengths below benchmark, which means she quickened again by seven lengths over the last 200m, it was on par with Peaceful State’s close.

“The disadvantage, if we are using a direct line between Peaceful State, was five lengths.

“We’re sticking strong with Aloisia going forward.”

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 12:16am

I expect we all have our methods and views ( all should be respected ) as a right to opinion ,   but when I see very expensive racing data for sale at absurd prices , I shudder.
Is Accardi worth the money he asks for .. ( about $50 a meeting )

Edited by Gay3 - 07 Mar 2018 at 2:18pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 10:07am
I'd be interested in know that myself Macca. Other providers might subscribe to incorporate into their own paid services, can't see that he does more than try to quantify what we can see with our own eyes if we look closely enough.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 11:02am
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

I'd be interested in know that myself Macca. Other providers might subscribe to incorporate into their own paid services, can't see that he does more than try to quantify what we can see with our own eyes if we look closely enough.
how many times do you view every race?
What he provides is data specific to every horse in the race.
It's for people that don't have the resources/expertise or the time to do it.

I don't subscribe,but I can understand why others do.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 11:07am
That's why I italicised the last clause rusty. Same applies to most services
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 12:52pm

I wasn't doubting his skills but $55 a meeting is for the rich and famous ...    How many meetings a week ...     my maths are bad
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

I wasn't doubting his skills but $55 a meeting is for the rich and famous ...    How many meetings a week ...     my maths are bad

You spill more than that from your vodka bottle during a race.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 4:19pm
LOL

eh? What brand does he drink? Essence of $$$Vlad?
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 5:16pm
I thought I'd get a bite from the old bastard but he must be having a nanna nap.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:45pm
This horse is officially stuffed. They’ve broken her.
Off to stud now I suspect
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:50pm
Yes, didn't look like the horse she was from her very first trial this time in. Only reason I can think of for sending her around today is looming motherhood.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:12pm
Again I thought she was the victim of a very poor tactical ride.

I doubt she was stuffed, She had not had that much racing.

She is probably better off at stud now anyway.

reductio ad absurdum
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by scamanda scamanda wrote:

I thought I'd get a bite from the old bastard but he must be having a nanna nap.

What a terrible thing to say.     . You should never degrade Vodka.

It is known to help punter forget.   ( I'm having some tonight as I backed that favourite of yours Aloisia.    CAT it is.   
mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 12:03am
I don't think she has been ridden well at all this autumn.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by mikey mikey wrote:

I don't think she has been ridden well at all this autumn.

Its the most reliable "lay" since back seat Betty left town.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 5:51pm
Henderson confirmed it's all over for the preparation of another OTI import, with Aloisia going for a spell after she finished midfield in last weekend's Queensland Oaks, her fifth start at Group 1 level this year.

"She's heading to the paddock, she missed the start again and just couldn't make up for it, she'll be back in the spring," he said.

But her trainer Ciaron Maher was a bit more frank when asked to reflect on the Thousand Guineas winner's preparation.

"She's just had a horrid prep really, with barriers and rides," said the Caulfield trainer.

"(We'll) just put a line through it, you just want to give her a hug she's a nice little horse.

"Like on the weekend, no luck at all, didn't get near the rail, circled the field and then a $101 horse took off early, nothing went right for her.

"She'll have a rest up there in the sun and come back in the spring.

"(She'll head to) the Myer, might stretch out a bit further, we'll keep her around the mile to 2000m."
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 6:07pm
I agree nothing really went right for her. I think 1800m is probably her perfect distance to be honest and she's probably at a group 2-3 level. Against her own sex though a race like the Myer isn't out of the question.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 6:23pm
She’s back. Has to be a huge chance in the Myer off that.
TOLEDO View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOLEDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 8:36pm
Aloisia or Shillelagh in the Myer
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 8:57pm
I wouldn’t be ruling out I Am A Star either
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 1:11am
I backed her today, obviously a huge run, but she just gets so far back ... what is her best distance?
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 5:05pm
Massive run today in the Villiers.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 5:17pm
Excellent , still has something in the tank
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 1:32am
I almost had a big day on Saturday ... this was interesting, might see her in Sydney more often!

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 1:11pm
Race 4 - 8:45AM New Zealand Bloodstock 3YO & Up Trial (Cl3-Open) (990 METRES) Times displayed in local time of Race Meeting

Three-Years-Old and Upwards,

Track Name: Main Track Type: Turf Track Condition: Heavy 10 Time: 1:04.66 Timing Method: Manual INTERIM RESULTS

Color Finish No. Horse Trainer Jockey Margin Bar. Weight Penalty Starting Price
1 1 HUMIDOR (NZ) Ciaron Maher & David Eustace Damian Lane 0  
2 5 WIDGEE TURF Patrick Payne Billy Egan 0.1L 0  
3 4 ALOISIA (NZ) Anthony Freedman Mark Zahra 0.4L 0  
4 2 MR QUICKIE Phillip Stokes John Allen 0  
5 8 PURE SCOT David & B Hayes & T Dabernig Dwayne Dunn 0  
6 3 SERENGETI Pat Carey Rhys McLeod 0  
7 7 KILIMANJARO (IRE) Ciaron Maher & David Eustace Matthew Cartwright 0  
6 MALAGUERRA Lindsey Smith 0
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>