Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Almandin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 5:29pm
Dean Yendall,. Kerrin Mac.,.either would be good choices,.hes definintly a nice l/ weight chance IMO.
The Gooch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Gooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 5:52pm
Is the horse good enough to win a Melbourne Cup? On his overseas form absolutely.

Hitting his straps now, will run the trip and light weight on his back. Not the worst.

You wouldn't back him now at the price, but last 2 wins he has won comfortably.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 6:01pm
It's a handicap The Gooch ,.its more than possible,.so good luck!
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 9:37pm
**Since 1970: Cup Winners that ran in The Bart Cummings Stakes during lead-up campaign***
  • 2000: Brew - 1st
  • 1989: Tawriffic - 3rd
  • 1985: What A Nuisance - 2nd
  • 1972: Piping Lane - 4th
  • 1970: Baghdad Note - 1st

Note: The Bart Cummings has had several different names over the years - The Banjo Paterson, Japan Trophy and Navy Day Handicap

Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 9:56pm
As proved last year if your horse is going well it's half the battle.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

is this horse seriously good enough to win a Melbourne Cup?

Mate, he ran 2nd to Solow who I reckon was the best 1600-2000 horse in the world at the time and the beat Protectionist
I'd suggest he's good enough if they get him right
Mug-Punter View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mug-Punter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 10:50am
McEvoy locked in for the Cup.... Extremely happy with $121. By no means is he over the line but with no weight and a live ticket at that price I'm a happy punter. Just needs to get there now! Good luck The Gooch too!
The Mugg
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 2:20pm
Penalty confirmed 1.0kg
cotto1 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cotto1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2016 at 2:26pm
I see that almandin pretty much wont have another run.Until the melbourne cup.
Hes not going to be carrying very much weight at all for the cup.
Mug-Punter View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mug-Punter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Mug-Punter Mug-Punter wrote:

McEvoy locked in for the Cup.... Extremely happy with $121. By no means is he over the line but with no weight and a live ticket at that price I'm a happy punter. Just needs to get there now! Good luck The Gooch too!

Give this bloke strength and McEvoy a clear passage!!! One of my best live chances I've ever had..
The Mugg
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2016 at 11:48pm
Plenty of money for him last 24 hours to say many think he's a strong hope. They were saying pro money would see Bondi Beach start second fave. I think this bloke will start shorter than Bondi Beach and so he should.
Sunline...simply supreme
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 12:12am
I backed him his first couple, and was disappointed, but he has had a near faultless preparation since, the tradition 10k's in his legs, and that decision over Protectionist and 2nd to Solow says he's good enough ... in my best hopes, Good Luck Mug!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
The Gooch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Gooch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 4:10am
Good luck Mug! I've got a good feeling about him as well.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 7:22am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Mate, he ran 2nd to Solow who I reckon was the best 1600-2000 horse in the world at the time and the beat Protectionist
I'd suggest he's good enough if they get him right

That was only the second win of Solow's career, in a normal old handicap. He was hardly the best horse in the world at the time.

Beating Protectionist at 2200m- is that hard to do?
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 2:56pm
Will be the first Williams horse home just hope he is the first home overall
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:07pm
I love this horse
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:08pm
I love this horse too! WOOHOOO!!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:09pm

Yes
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Morgan Dollar View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Morgan Dollar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:16pm

This bloke probably doing backstroke in the Yarra at the moment... nude
Go The Dollar..!
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:17pm
aint no mug punter now, congrats champ
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:27pm
Ditto! Well done MP.
Ammy42 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ammy42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:32pm
Enjoy your winnings MP!
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:35pm
Lloyd at the races today for first time in 20 years was as good a sign as any that horse was ready to win.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Morgan Dollar Morgan Dollar wrote:

This bloke probably doing backstroke in the Yarra at the moment... nude

super price...should be able to buy the Yarra for private use...LOL
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:38pm
Outstanding odds Mug-Punter, well done. 
A great ride and a very popular win in the end.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Lloyd at the races today for first time in 20 years was as good a sign as any that horse was ready to win.

dressed for Ascot...Confused

never begrudge Lloyd his wins...that's five winners he's now trained...LOL

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:51pm
So where to now with ALMANDIN??

Clearly optimum distance is 2400m+. 

What races do you think he'll contest in 2017?

Obviously Melb Cup again, but he'll get weighted out of the type of lead ups he used this year (Harry White / Bart Cummings) and will have to take a WFA path.

Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:53pm
Congrats to all who cleaned up on this fella. Well done. I intended to save on him today but in the end chose not to!

The locally trained or run here first still stands since Vintage Crop.
Sunline...simply supreme
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

So where to now with ALMANDIN??

Clearly optimum distance is 2400m+. 

What races do you think he'll contest in 2017?

Obviously Melb Cup again, but he'll get weighted out of the type of lead ups he used this year (Harry White / Bart Cummings) and will have to take a WFA path.

I'd price him favourite for the BMW if he runs but of course he won't. 
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2016 at 3:57pm

Give this bloke strength and McEvoy a clear passage!!! One of my best live chances I've ever had..

super resuly MP, you will have to change your name now Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>