Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Alan Cleary

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnclick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alan Cleary
    Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 3:29am
Former high profile and respected Melbourne bookmaker, Alan Cleary, lost his battle with Cancer on Friday. Despite his failings and bankruptcy over the past 10 years, he had a great innings and you cannot begrudge someone who had a go. 
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 9:43am
Originally posted by pnclick pnclick wrote:

Former high profile and respected Melbourne bookmaker, Alan Cleary, lost his battle with Cancer on Friday. Despite his failings and bankruptcy over the past 10 years, he had a great innings and you cannot begrudge someone who had a go. 

Thank you for posting that, I had a short and colourful battle with Alan in the ring, I'm both happy and sad to say I finished in front, he was a gentleman and I respected him, he used to joke upon settling, usually on Tuesday following the SAT meeting, that it was ''only on loan''.....RIP and all our best to Alan's family. Sadly the ring or paddock is a shadow of what it was in the 80's.....oh well, such is life.
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2018 at 4:55pm
A great man of the Melbourne ring in days gone by. Racing is much worse off without the diverse and colourful range of bookmakers as per the 80's, 90's and prior. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic