Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

African Big Game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 8:41pm
i cant stand to hear about this.

i look away.

just let china go ahead a nd kill the lot, and be done with it.

lets not forget what they have done to the sharks, for shark fin soup

which is very hush hush nowadays.

need to find an attractive use for cane toads that the chinese have to have.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2018 at 9:10pm
I also see on the news Japan is going to be hunting whales again this coming year.  Thankfully not in the southern oceans around us, but anywhere is horrible.
animals before people.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 2:01pm
Wildlife photographer of the year winner 2017 (also wildlife photojournalist award: story category; World Press Photo, Rhine Wars, nature category, first prize stories)Memorial to a Species by Brent Stirton, South Africa.The killers were probably from a local community. Entering the Hluhluwe Imfolozi game reserve at night, they shot the black rhino bull using a silencer. Working fast, they hacked off the two horns and escaped. The horns would have been sold to a middleman and smuggled out of South Africa to China or Vietnam.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 2:02pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 9:40pm
Arnt people just Christmas puddings ?   Look at that rhino.   Thats so bad.  And even worse to think the so called modern country ,  powerful country, ( with their people hacking our security systems, )( China ) think that horn is going to make them root like a rabbit.  How dark ages stuff is that ??    God help us if they get power in our part of the world.   They will probably go all out on the wombats, because they will believe wombats eats roots and leaves
animals before people.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 11:17am
With the Sydney test commencing today and the support of the community of the Jan McGrath Foundation I am still unable to get out of my mind around ,one hand ,Glen McGrath's killing an elephant for sport, and then setting up a foundation to respect of his late wife's battle with cancer.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 1:26pm
   I save the antelope , Giraffe's , Buffalo , elephants and other grass eating animals.

I only shoot The big cats & hyenas.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 2:13pm
I'm pretty sure all the big cats are now on the endangered list with some ranked as critical, along with the African Hunting dog so I'm afraid you're restricted to the hyenas macca Wink
The way I see it, only a few will care if the wild population in its' entirety is wiped out Cry Those making ludicrous profits from their trade will soon find an equally viable venture & their end of the line customers may actually discover the merit of alternative health treatments.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 10:40pm
The chinese who pay huge amounts for rhino horn, causing so much killing of the animals, are complete idiots.  The horn is just keratin, same as their finger nails. 
Come in suckers !!!!!
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 9:37am
See the picture today of the creep who shot  the 2 police in Glenn Innes, NSW ?  A big game hunter, posing with a dead giraffe, like he has really done something clever !!  OMG, how sick is that .
animals before people.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 10:44am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

The chinese who pay huge amounts for rhino horn, causing so much killing of the animals, are complete idiots.  The horn is just keratin, same as their finger nails. 
Come in suckers !!!!!

I accept most things the Chinese do but not their primitive, savage ridiculous attitude to animal therapies, sick bastards Ouch
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 11:33am
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 11:39am
I understand sick people of all races hunt big game but it is an industry in China and supplying them is by far the largest source of wildlife slaughter 

Shark fin soup too, sharks are not cuddly animals but the unbelievably cruel fate they suffer Cry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 11:42am
Big guns = little willies.
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 11:45am
Mushroom shaped apparently.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 3:16pm
what would you expect of fungus ?  it lives in the dark and feeds off rotten mulch.
animals before people.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 11:07am
Glen McGrath loves elephant hunting

Sad world we live in
EAD
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 11:15am
I love to see those big cats slaughtered ,    They are out killing every day.
Almost as bad as Humans , who rear little lambs like pets and then eat them.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 11:30am
Hyenas are the biggest pest
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2019 at 12:29am
Speaking from experience ???   LOL
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123