Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

AFL REPLAY NEXT WEEK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charliehorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 12:03am
Pretty dumb rule. Had never heard of it before yesterday. And it seems as though Mr. Demetriou is 
the ONLY person in the country who actually thinks it is a good idea... as opposed to deciding it on the
day in extra time like any other normal sport in the 21st century.  I though it was incredulously
idiotic, yet he shrugged it off like it wasn't even a hard decision... Unfortunately he just happens to
be the one in charge who makes the decision. 

I thought it was Grand Final 'Day'... not Grand Final 'fort-night'.

Must be money involved that benefits them... oh, there is $25 million in it for you if you go a whole
nother week and a whole nother game? Thought so. 

Had to laugh when Nick Rie'W'oldt got up and said "hope some of that money comes the players way"...
ummm, you get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to kick a ball around a field and play a 'game' of
sport. I'd probably be hoping some of that money would go to the general public... you know, the 100's
of thousands of everyday people that work 9-5, sometimes 2 jobs, to save up the exorbitant price to go
and support you week in and week out... of which if they didn't you wouldn't even be playing at all! 

No fans = No football. If nobody watched you, there would be no Sponsors wanting to market to us, so
no money given to you... which equals No Grounds, No Equipment, and No Club. Would you still be
playing your game if you weren't getting payed anything? Playing at some dodgy field in the middle 
of nowhere for love? No, im sure the money at least "helps". 

So maybe you should first try and and send a little love to the 'small people'... the people that spent hundreds of dollars on a ticket to support YOU, and spent all their hard earned on buying merchandise
to support YOUR club, to fill up the bedroom and decorate their cars... saved up their dollars for weeks
sweating it in some gelatity minimum wage hell hole, to spend on traveling from all over the country just
to come watch you... before you start going on about wanting another $100, 000 for having to run
around a field for 2 more hours kicking a ball around playing a game of sport.

P.s They say everyone hates Collingwood? Well at least we play by the rules... St.Kilda are the dirtiest
team out there! Resorting to try and nobble the opposition in every tackle. Taking Didak out and then
needing another 3 guys to jump on him trying to injure. Goddard trying to slam his knees into players
head when they are down. Running straight through and collecting a player after the mark. Grabbing
their waist and holding them back once Collingwood have gotten past and beaten them, resorting to
cheating. They even had to take out a consistent good player in form, just to put Baker in (their pit bull)
who they could use to try and cause injury's, who wouldn't mind being rubbed out for next season... who
had'nt played in months! Dodgy.

But oh well, the Umpires dont seem to mind anyway... apparently the rules that are consistently 
enforced throughout the 25 games in the rest of the season, are completely wavered in a GF. 

Anything goes apparently. You dont get 50's for running a player over after a clear mark anymore... and
you only get a "brendan, thats just not on" after kneeing a guy in the head once he's down and the ref
has all ready blown the whistle for a ball up.

Seems Collingwood didn't get the memo though. We still do stupid things like 'playing by the rules' and
"going for the ball"...

We still kick like gelati though. And probably deserved to lose anyway, considering 90% of the team played
like crap. Kick straight and we win by 30 easily... actually play GOOD, like when we did against Geelong,
a team who is twice as good as St.Kilda... and we win by even more.

Lets hope the REAL pies show up this time.

Charliehorse = One eyed, 20 year member(28yo), Collingwood supporter.

Carn the PIES!

Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Charliehorse View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charliehorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 12:04am
^P.s this should be called Joff-'A'-s Bar. Tongue
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 2:10am
I think Whale you might be right about the Pies supporters but if are seriously sitting there telling me you thought St Kilda should not have lost that game then sorry mate can not agree.

The two goals  right before halftime should of put the Saints away but the usual spacicity that Collingwood gets at set shots in pressure games and critical times came to the fore. I mean seriously how hard is it to Kick a sherrin straight, surely if you are a forward especially you need to have this skill, it is always what pisses me off with Sydney, they should of beat the Bulldogs by about 3 goals as well and they did not because they are scheissenhausen when the nerves start tingling.

Anyway as I stated before the Saints best 3 were just warming up when the siren went so you should have no trouble next week $2.40 looks an outstanding price.   
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Charliehorse Charliehorse wrote:

Pretty dumb rule. Had never heard of it before yesterday. And it seems as though Mr. Demetriou is 
the ONLY person in the country who actually thinks it is a good idea... you are not much of a football supporter if you hadn't heard of it,and Demetriou is far from being the onlt person who wants a replay.

Must be money involved that benefits them... oh, there is $25 million in it for you if you go a whole
nother week and a whole nother game? Thought so. Yes there had been 2 drawn GF's in over 100 years so the AFL knew it was going to happen again LOL

Had to laugh when Nick Rie'W'oldt got up and said "hope some of that money comes the players way"... Agree

P.s They say everyone hates Collingwood? Well at least we play by the rules... St.Kilda are the dirtiest
team out there! Resorting to try and nobble the opposition in every tackle. Taking Didak out and then
needing another 3 guys to jump on him trying to injure. Goddard trying to slam his knees into players
head when they are down. Running straight through and collecting a player after the mark. Grabbing
their waist and holding them back once Collingwood have gotten past and beaten them, resorting to whinge,whinge ,whinge you Collingwood mug,why do you think eveyone hates Collingwood.
cheating. They even had to take out a consistent good player in form, just to put Baker in (their pit bull)
who they could use to try and cause injury's, who wouldn't mind being rubbed out for next season... who
had'nt played in months! Dodgy.Utter garbage,exactly who did Baker injure or take outThumbs Down,played an excellent defensive game Clap

But oh well, the Umpires dont seem to mind anyway... apparently the rules that are consistently 
enforced throughout the 25 games in the rest of the season, are completely wavered in a GF. 

Everyone said the umpires did a fantastic job but the Magpie cry babies always need an excuse for the resultLOL

a team who is twice as good as St.Kilda... and we win by even more.Only twice as good,why not 10 times as good

Lets hope the REAL pies show up this time.

I hope both teams turn up and it is a great game.This is one of the most petulant,whineing,immature ,complaining ,unsportsman like post I have ever seen.

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 8:58am
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

I think Whale you might be right about the Pies supporters but if are seriously sitting there telling me you thought St Kilda should not have lost that game then sorry mate can not agree.

The two goals  right before halftime should of put the Saints away but the usual spacicity that Collingwood gets at set shots in pressure games and critical times came to the fore. I mean seriously how hard is it to Kick a sherrin straight, surely if you are a forward especially you need to have this skill, it is always what pisses me off with Sydney, they should of beat the Bulldogs by about 3 goals as well and they did not because they are scheissenhausen when the nerves start tingling.

Anyway as I stated before the Saints best 3 were just warming up when the siren went so you should have no trouble next week $2.40 looks an outstanding price.   

I completely agree,St Kilda were extremely fortunate to draw,Collingwood were the better side on the day,that's what make me savour the result so much.And if we could somehow win the replay it would be a magnificent moment and the enjoyment would be magnified many times because it would be against the Magpies.
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by Go Flash Go Go Flash Go wrote:

Reiterate, footy = showbiz = Bs' on seats. about as believeable as Wrestling)

Agree with the first 2 statements in last sentence,but what does the remark about wrestling mean,do you think the AFL got together with the two teams to ensure the drawLOL

Am talking about how they’re more interested in the staging of what the crowd sees just like they do in wrestling and the rule-making comes second. So what’s happened now is an embarrasment and inconvienience as reflected by the comments of the NRL blokes on here. And who if they where even more familiar with the rules of AFL would be rolling on the floor laughing. What sport can you name where the rules are applied on the basis of what would please the crowd ? Like now there's going to be extra time next week,  that's outside the AFL rules - we'll just re-write the rules - but just for next week.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 10:50am

Heard a comment that the AFL is a non-profit organisation - you coulda knocked me over with a feather Shocked so does that mean they don't have to pay

They are a business trying to maximise their profit,like every other business.They go a bit too far but you speak as though it is a crime to make money.Are you a communist LOL
Usually associate the term non-profit organization with things like Charities, the Salvos Red Cross , Surf Life Saving Clubs, ie. people short of a dollar, that give. The AFL is one huge vacuuming machine apparently taking the shape of the MCG now. And they have the guile to come out and say they operate as a non-profit organisation when people see the greed in this.

(Apparently now giving tickets away and calling it peoples day Dead)

The Muffin Man View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Muffin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 10:57am

Heard a comment that the AFL is a non-profit organisation - you coulda knocked me over with a feather Shocked so does that mean they don't have to pay

They are a business trying to maximise their profit,like every other business.They go a bit too far but you speak as though it is a crime to make money.Are you a communist LOL
Usually associate the term non-profit organization with things like Charities, the Salvos Red Cross , Surf Life Saving Clubs, ie. people short of a dollar, that give. The AFL is one huge vacuuming machine apparently taking the shape of the MCG now. And they have the guile to come out and say they operate as a non-profit organisation when people see the greed in this.

(Apparently now giving tickets away and calling it peoples day Dead)

Most sporting clubs and associations in Australia hold the same status, because any excess money made is ploughed back into the game and it's development. Just because the AFL is large doesn't mean it should be exempt from the not-for-profit status.

"Well, I will never post again, if the Oz dollar doesnt go below 80 cents within the year 2012." - Occy22
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 10:59am
Your post is almost incomprehensible.Are you saying the replay is taking place to please the crowd or not?The rule has been in place as long as AFL/VFL has existed and the majority of fans actually want extra time.
To use NRL as an example is a joke,it is an inferior game which is why AFL is making massive inroads all over Australia.
The AFL is a non profit organization as far as all the profits go back into the game,apart from the massive salaries of their executives of courseLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 2:22pm

The longstanding rule is being changed just for next week and why,  because there might be another draw ?? It's only being done to please the crowd.

You'd expect the AFL to be making inroads as a Brand when it doesn't have to pay any tax on such a turnover as it has. Yet it still charges Auskick parents how much to attend their child's matches ? Not for Profit ?

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 4:17pm
Eddie McGuire is rumoured to have been overheard at Grand Final,talking about Collingwood
"these c---s couldn't beat a team of cripples"
The whingeing starts at the top,it is a Collingwood tradition LOL

As for the play off in case of another draw that has NOTHING to do with bowing to fans wishes,it is just common sense,3 GF's in a row would be a joke.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 10:40pm
Let me guess, you don't like Eddie ? LOL

The joke started when the final siren went on Saturday.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 12:16pm
Is there a game still on this week ? Proves that last week was the Grand Final, this week is just a mock-up.
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 12:51pm
Ablett did us all a favour and killed the hype overnight.
Shakamaker View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 1:27pm
Not long to go now, am looking forward to it
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 1:55pm
i saw on twitter andrew bogut say he was staying up late to watch the afl fundraiser. thought that was funny

all i know is that i think most afl fans will be happy to get another game, i know i was sitting there last night wandering what to do with no friday night football for the frist time.

and i know next sunday i will be wishing their was an nrl replay.
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 2:32pm
Christ! those that were on Travis Cloke first goal scorer will be reaching for the razor blades
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Shakamaker Shakamaker wrote:

All the draw did was ensure Collingwood will be an even better price next week LOL
They won't f*ck it up 2 weeks in a row

27 in front half time Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic