Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

AFL REPLAY NEXT WEEK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriSymbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 8:41am
Originally posted by The Muffin Man The Muffin Man wrote:

What happens to multi's that had either Collingwood or St Kilda to win in them does anyone know? Does the ticket carry over to next week?
No carry overs.
If there was a draw option and the punter has selected one of the teams , that would now be a losing ticket.
If the options were direct head to head the punter collects half as the result was a dead heat.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

WarriSymbol View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriSymbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 8:44am
Originally posted by Maximillions Maximillions wrote:

Originally posted by KangaMick KangaMick wrote:

Just goes to show that RL has the right idea, and you Mexicans are a bunch of f**king idiots.

What a waste of 2 hours watching that crap today!

....... and that's why it's called Gay eF eL
KangaMick and Maximillions, unless someone held a gun to your heads and made you watch it,
i'd suggest you two are the f**king idiots.
The Muffin Man View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Muffin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 8:48am
Originally posted by WarriSymbol WarriSymbol wrote:

What happens to multi's that had either Collingwood or St Kilda to win in them does anyone know? Does the ticket carry over to next week?
No carry overs.
If there was a draw option and the punter has selected one of the teams , that would now be a losing ticket.
If the options were direct head to head the punter collects half as the result was a dead heat.

OK, just to clarify, if my ticket was for the following;

Miami to win NBA Title - $2.75
J Brown most Bris votes - $1.50
H2H Coll win ALF Final - $1.45

Total Odds - $5.98

It would now be;

H2H Coll win ALF Final - $1.22

Total Odds - $5.03

Would that be right?
"Well, I will never post again, if the Oz dollar doesnt go below 80 cents within the year 2012." - Occy22
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Muffin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 8:49am

Just goes to show that RL has the right idea, and you Mexicans are a bunch of f**king idiots.

KangaMick and Maximillions, unless someone held a gun to your heads and made you watch it,

LOLClap
"Well, I will never post again, if the Oz dollar doesnt go below 80 cents within the year 2012." - Occy22
WarriSymbol View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriSymbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 8:53am

Total Odds - $5.98

It would now be;

Total Odds - $5.03

Would that be right?
My take on it would be
H2H Coll win ALF Final - $0.725

Total Odds - $2.99

Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 11:03am

Heard a comment that the AFL is a non-profit organisation - you coulda knocked me over with a feather Shocked so does that mean they don't have to pay Tax ?

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Go Flash Go Go Flash Go wrote:

Grand Final replay, been there done that  - NO Thankyou. Thumbs Down

Seasons' over - the World doesn't revolve around AFL football - THAT was the game.

Cut the Cup in half, give both of them a piece and call it a day. 
They do it with the Brownlow - they do it with the home and away points in a draw. 
(Did they seriously present the Norm Smith ? LOL 
Reiterate, footy = showbiz = Bs' on seats. about as believeable as Wrestling)

Agree with the first 2 statements in last sentence,but what does the remark about wrestling mean,do you think the AFL got together with the two teams to ensure the drawLOL

Maximillions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximillions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 11:28am

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Come back next week wtf !!!!!!!!!!!!! LAME

...Let me know when it's an Olympic sport...maybe then I will glance at it
Forget the odds.....You are Unstoppable !
Shakamaker View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 12:11pm

Total Odds - $5.98

It would now be;

Total Odds - $5.03

Would that be right?
My take on it would be
H2H Coll win ALF Final - $0.725

Total Odds - $2.99

Correct
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 12:12pm
Stick to watching synchronized swimming then Maxi. I wouldn't expect you to understand our great game
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Shakamaker View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 12:15pm
All the draw did was ensure Collingwood will be an even better price next week LOL
They won't f*ck it up 2 weeks in a row
Maximillions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maximillions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

Stick to watching synchronized swimming then Maxi. I wouldn't expect you to understand our great game

Just stirring ....still a joke of a rule though
Forget the odds.....You are Unstoppable !
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Shakamaker Shakamaker wrote:

All the draw did was ensure Collingwood will be an even better price next week LOL

I think it places a seed of doubt in their minds and I believe St Kilda may win,hope so anyway.
Am very surprised you didn't know the AFL rule about drawn Grand Finals.
My apologies for calling you a Collingwood supporter in a previous post,the ultimate insult LOL
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Go Flash Go Go Flash Go wrote:

Heard a comment that the AFL is a non-profit organisation - you coulda knocked me over with a feather Shocked so does that mean they don't have to pay

They are a business trying to maximise their profit,like every other business.They go a bit too far but you speak as though it is a crime to make money.Are you a communist LOL
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 5:08pm

THE Idea of no extra time is what is kissed you idiot!
2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 5:24pm
This is absolutely 100% stupid and anyone who thinks it is good is eitherworking for the AFL and therefore towing the company line or they are St Kilda supporters because Collingwood should of kicked four more goals than they did and had it won by half time.

I tipped Collingwood and did so all year long but they are deadset like the Swans when they get set shots in pressure goals and can not kick the f$%king ball straight.

The Pies had thereshot. Goddard , Hayes and Riewoldt were just warming up in the 3rd quarter and with the extra week they will slaughter the Pies.

If Collingwood wins it will be because half the Saints side got sick from the sewerage floating in their dressing rooms.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 5:55pm
In point of fact Collingwood was the team that had no post-game facilities after the sewage failure.

Post-game recovery is absolutely mega-important these days, simply because all the participants put so much in.

Collingwood?  No ice, no massage tables, no gym equipment (walkers/bikes), no food/protein, no decent rehydration liquids - until more than an 80 minutes after the game.  Followed by a luke-warm shower.  Those failures can cost big-time, particularly those with problems which these days is about 1/3 of every team. 

And already worth about 2 goals to the Saints next week imo, but speaking as a Maggies supporter hopefully not enough to get them home.  

It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
DiamondsAtDusk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiamondsAtDusk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 6:03pm
Are you sure St.Kilda wasn't in the same boat Runfer? they both had to go over to the old club rooms?
We Started Nothing.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 6:19pm
Yes St Kilda were flooded out as well but these Collingwood supporters can't stop whingeing Confused
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Run For Fun Run For Fun wrote:

Collingwood?  No ice, no massage tables 

No wonder Ben Cousins didnt go to the Pies Embarrassed
Hidden In Hollywood
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 7:06pm
Let's everyone understand the facts, minus the cr ap.

There are two sets of changing areas - one give or take 40 degrees of difference at the CBD end and the other at the Richmond end.

The Saints had no sewage problems in their particular end after the game and enjoyed all the post-game facilities usually available. Good luck to them, that's how it should be.

The Woods however had to move to secondary rooms at the other end of the stadium (ie the Saint's end) but couldn't for obvious reasons avail themselves of the the facilities referred to in my earlier post until 80 minutes after the game.

Finish.

Cheers
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Muffin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 7:12pm
I could have swore I heard Montagna say their normal rooms had problems as well.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiamondsAtDusk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 7:19pm
Yep St.Kilda definately had the same problems as Collingwood Thumbs Up
We Started Nothing.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 7:30pm
Except that the Saints were rather less affected because they stayed in their own sheds and had access to their own post-match recovery facilities.

As distinct from the Maggies who as a result of relocation had [QUOTE no ice, no massage tables, no gym equipment (walkers/bikes), no food/protein, no decent rehydration liquids - until more than an 80 minutes after the game.  Failures that can cost big-time, particularly those with problems which these days is about 1/3 of every team UNQUOTE].

See ya.

Cheers
carche View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 7:32pm

Speaking as a Pies supporter, if there's one thing that is dead set certain about them come finals time is to expect everything and anything.  I've learnt over the years that nothing is a sure thing with them!  Wasn't around at the time but my folks can remember vividly the pain of 1970.  The final of 2003 is still fresh in the minds of many Collingwood supporters.  Watching the game unravel yesterday, there was an increasing sense of dread with every passing minute in the final quarter.

Technically the Pies should have won yesterday but their inaccurate/ineffective kicks at goal cost them dearly - Thomas should have steadied but rushed and Cloke missed two right in front.    

Really annoyed they didn't play on in extra time like with other footy codes (soccer, rugby).  Anti-climatic playing a week later after the huge build up leading into yesterday's match. 

Anyway, hope its a great match and knowing how these two teams play, they will give it their all .... again.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiamondsAtDusk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 7:35pm
St.Kilda also had to gelati over to the other side Runfer, as it stands both club now come out from the MCC side of the ground and only the umpires change rooms on the southern stand side, both sides walked off to the southern stand side as far as i'm aware so no, St.Kilda weren't in their changerooms after the match
We Started Nothing.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiamondsAtDusk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 7:36pm
gelati = shift*
We Started Nothing.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by carche carche wrote:

Speaking as a Pies supporter, if there's one thing that is dead set certain about them come finals time is to expect everything and anything.  I've learnt over the years that nothing is a sure thing with them!  Wasn't around at the time but my folks can remember vividly the pain of 1970.  The final of 2003 is still fresh in the minds of many Collingwood supporters.  Watching the game unravel yesterday, there was an increasing sense of dread with every passing minute in the final quarter.

Technically the Pies should have won yesterday but their inaccurate/ineffective kicks at goal cost them dearly - Thomas should have steadied but rushed and Cloke missed two right in front.    

Really annoyed they didn't play on in extra time like with other footy codes (soccer, rugby).  Anti-climatic playing a week later after the huge build up leading into yesterday's match. 

Anyway, hope its a great match and knowing how these two teams play, they will give it their all .... again.

Finally a sensible post from a Collingwood supporter Clap
What has staggered me over the past week was the over confidence of Collingwood supporters considering their dismal record in Grand finals and the fact that The Saints have played great football for the past 2 years and are the best pressure side ever.
I can understand confidence but all the talk of smashing St Kilda and the game being easy really peed me off.The Pies are still fav's and may it be another great game with the best team winning,hopefully St Kilda.
Good luck all
orpen View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orpen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 8:46pm
Saints at $2.40 in a two horse race is bet of the year. They are absolute certainties.

Tall players don't get any shorter the longer the game goes. Pies won't have the legs and
Saints will slow it down and kick to the talls. It'll be a game of keepings off. Pies have Buckley's (which seeing he is the forward coach) is appropriate.
waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2010 at 8:54pm
Best solution is Golden Goal (not point) and barring that the highest finisher in the Season General should be rewarded  with the Premiership should there be a draw.
I really enjoyed the game as well as the Saints v Wests game.
Stopped off at Lavington to watch the Group 9 Grand Final (Junee v Tumut)...Tumut flogged them in an ordinary game but the blues on the hill were worth the admission fee.
The Dude Abides
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic