Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.
Punters, click here for everything about betting: Villagebet - Community of punters.

AFL 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 9:47am
Was thinking how big the Tasmanian side will be.
If they get their act together and get funding for an indoor high tech boutique stadium, to seat around 30,000, they will become one heck of a footy club.

They will pretty much be everyones 2nd favourite team, and if they play their cards right, they would even give fans from other clubs, "Tassie, my 2nd team"  merchandise.

You would think upon joining the league, they would get around 50,000 members straight up, and that would quickly grow.

Obviously they will need some favours with recruiting. The high tech indoor boutique stadium will be key.

Sponsored Links

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 12:21pm
True supporters don't have second teams, they just go for anyone on the day playing the team they hate most.

I'd love to see a Tasmanian team in, all the Tassie talent would want to play for the locals instead of moving interstate, get rid of the Gold Coast Suns, total waste of space and bleeding the AFL since day one.
EAD
Docker View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Docker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 4:07pm
A Tassie side would be a disaster player retention would be a nightmare half the twenty year olds in Tassie have already moved to the Gold Coast nice thought but not viable.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 4:19pm
I’m a born and bred Bluebagger but have a soft spot for the Doggies because my cousin played for them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic