Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Broodmares
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Advice - Storm Siren

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice - Storm Siren
    Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 2:03pm
Hi guys,

She'll probably be racing on a little longer, but keen to get any opinions on a stallion for my girl Storm Siren... big girl (around 16.3hh). Currently has two placings and another couple of fourths in Sydney, has won three at provincial/country level. Hoping she can get a city win or two in before we retire her.

Her breeding is Excites x De Chorus (Unbridled's Song)

Lost in the magical world of racing. Storm Siren & Speed Hero.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

StormSiren View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 2:06pm
She has no duplications in the first five generations... my initial thoughts were to maybe try and reinforce either staging or cotehele house?
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 3:09pm
Probably too close for Staging.  With the cotehele house you can always use sires with crosses to stallions that have worked with the line ie Zabeel, Danehill, Habitat or Bletchingly.  The best recent is the Centaine grandam.  Centaine has Century, Vain, Todman, Better Boy etc.  You can look for crosses of those.  Further back the line produced Beaupatir who's sire was inbred to Quiver.  That is the family of Show a Heart but he's way to big for her.  There were decent winners by Straight Strike who also crosses well with Lonhro.  Lonhro by Octagonal gives you a cross to the family of Danewin so his sons could also be looked at.

One who is totally different but look ok on paper would be Keep the Faith.  Not dear but not prolific either.  He sired Trust in a Gust so can get a good one.  Sunday Silence decends from Quiver.

Someone on here stands Fast 'n' Famous and he has Zabeel and Bletchingly blood so maybe also worth a look.
Aurelius View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aurelius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 3:26pm
Dalakhani
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 3:36pm

A sire well worth consideration from a line-breeding perspective is Redente (Redoute's Choice - Stella Cadente), a non-commercial but successful sire considering his lack of opportunity.  His book doubled in 2015, reflecting his recent achievements.

A mating with Storm Siren would produce Danehill 3 x 3, Centaine (Century/Better Boy) 3 x 3, Bletchingly (Biscay/Star Kingdom) 4, 5 x 6, Northern Dancer 5, 6 x 6, Nijinsky 5 x 7, Relic 6, 7 x 7, Sir Gaylord 7, 7 x 7, Petition 7 x 6 and 5 strains of Natalma.

There are quite a few stallions around if you want to pursue the Eight Carat family.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 3:54pm
Thanks all. Aurelous, if Dalakhani is still standing over here when she is retired, and still at a fee that we can pay, will definitely try.

Furious, would Toorak Toff be an option if Show A Heart isn't? Note that he has both Bletchingly and Habitat in his pedigree,

Second Chance will keep Redente in mind for when we breed one to keep... not a massive fan of duplicating Danehill close but if I was going to do it going through a son of Redoute's would be the way...
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 4:45pm
Well you have time on your side to see it Toorak has what it takes.  I haven't liked all the types he throws but he was a big horse also and they take time.  I hope he can make it but at the moment he's probably too dear.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 10:39pm
I'd go for Hussonet or Reset if she was mine.
Lopartega View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lopartega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 2:07pm
For mine the SA based stallion Host provides some really important duplications especially between the 7th and 12th removes. The relationship between his dam (Colonna Traiana) and Storm Siren is quite substantial. That's were I would send her if she was mine. Good Luck!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 2:07pm
So for her maiden year, after some improvements in the family with her half-sister Siren's Fury picking up 2x blacktype placings and half-brother Hot King Prawn gaining a lot of notice in Hong Kong we decided to go with a proven commodity and hopefully a sire that will appeal to a lot of buyer - Star Witness. Fingers crossed we get a nice type!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 3:33pm
good luck storm siren
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic