Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Greyhounds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

advert. advising 70% greyhounds killed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 1:34pm
Yes Gay that has to be the main thing.  No one should be afraid to report things they don't agree with.  It has to be open so hopefully this will be the end result.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 2:07pm
I have heard of stories of antis throwing dead possums over fence of trainers. Just hope they don't try to sabotage things and if they do they also get heavy penalties
Dutch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 2:11pm
The racing industry has largely been allowed to police itself through its regulated approach to the breaking of rules.

Quite often there are issues which would better serve justice if policing were to be attended through the civil system. Cases of fraud for example, when horses are clearly not allowed to fun on their merits and so on.

But the civil system is already choking on a backlog as long as the Flemington straight. How to bridge
the divide, is a big dilemma imho.

I know little about the racing judiciary. I do know that retired judges often fill positions on Racing Tribunals, so perhaps that is the tradeoff.

Still, perhaps the inclusion of the Criminal Justice System in some cases would be a far better deterrent to potential wrong-doers if for no other reason than a criminal record could result.

Should it come to this?
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2016 at 2:35pm
Heavy10 that can happen and has - with some diccy things done against horses by so called animal lovers (not).  But if you have a good record people will know something fishy is in the wind.  And if they do start dirty tactics it has to be reported also so that the general population knows what is happening.  What Gay has said has to work with both dogs and horses having to be more open with the general public.  They can swing very quickly.  We need more horses like Subzero going around schools.  Dogs could do the same thing.  Let the children know these living breathing parts of their world - many never have any contact.  How can they then know how to look after one or love one.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2016 at 6:40pm
In answer to your question in the US Presidency thread Heavy ;

Yes I thought the game should be shut down - purely from an animal welfare perspective. Too many inherent /systemic cruel practices. However on reflection the current approach is reasonable. Put the industry well & truly on notice. A one state ban was never going to achieve much as blokes like you would just take up the slack in the other states (you said as much). This way the stronger regulation in NSW will be quickly taken up by the other states with the end result being a much better animal welfare outcome across the country for the dogs.....oh....& the possums, rabbits, piglets, cats, ect.
I do look forward to the proposed birth to natural death registration/notification process to stop the current prolific wastage problem. Actually, I have a proposal to help out in this area. Every few months dog fields from say 8 to 10 years ago should be randomly selected across the country & inspectors given the job to physically contact the owners / trainers & inspect the dogs to ensure they are still alive & being well cared for. Obviously if they are not their would be good documentation to show just why not.....that would be fair enough wouldn't it Heavy ? This would show how fair dinkum the game really is in getting its act together ! I still believe the majority of dog owners do not see that they have a responsibility of birth to natural death care. Their own industry say they do. We'll see. 
You just make sure you do your job dobbing in your mates doing the wrong thing Heavy....promise !
Scientist & Global Warming Expert
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 8:45pm
Huge result in the Orange election... Bye bye Mr Grant! They were hoping for a big swing, well it's gone better then anyone could have hoped for and it looks certain that the Nationals will lose the seat for the first time in 70 odd years!!
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 3:26pm
See ya Troy ya flog!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 3:33pm

Troy Grant, Adrian Piccoli to resign as NSW Nationals leader and deputy leader

Updated about an hour ago

New South Wales Deputy Premier Troy Grant has announced he will stand down as leader of the Nationals.

Education minister Adrian Piccoli has followed suit and announced he would be stepping down as deputy leader of the NSW National party.

Mr Grant was facing a partyroom leadership spill tomorrow in the wake of a poor result in the Orange by-election at the weekend.

The party is expected to lose the once-safe Nationals seat to the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers party.

Mr Grant said in a statement that as a result of the by-election, he had informed the NSW Nationals leadership team that he would be standing down at tomorrow's partyroom meeting.

He said it had been a incredible privilege to serve in the role and lead a team whose sole focus was to serve the people of regional NSW.

"At all times I have been guided by my principles of honesty, integrity and hard work, but I accept the result in Orange is a clear message that we haven't always got it right, nor have we always taken the community with us," the statement said.

"I hope that through my actions the NSW Government is given the opportunity to pause and reset the way it is seen to be governing and our record of delivery can once more be front and centre."

When the Nationals partyroom meets tomorrow, the leadership positions are expected to be declared vacant.

Skills Minister John Barilaro is expected to nominate for the leadership, but it is not yet known if he will face other challengers.

Premier Mike Baird paid tribute to Mr Grant's work in regional NSW.

"Troy Grant has made an enormous contribution to regional NSW, and I am sure he will continue to do so," Mr Baird said in a statement.

"As Deputy Premier and Leader of the Nationals, Troy has been a courageous and passionate advocate for regional NSW.

"Troy is a man of great integrity and it has been an honour to lead this Government together."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-14/nsw-deputy-premier-troy-grant-to-resign-as-nationals-leader/8023410

Dutch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 5:41pm
As far as I recall, it was not Troy Grant who made the announcement that the GH industry was to be shut down.

So why is he resigning?

Ok, yes, it was a cynical question.
He was deputy premier.

Soooo ... who was the actual premier, and is he resigning, or is this just public appeasement - a scapegoat - so that the rest of the bums can get on with business unscathed?

Will this take enough heat off Baird ... at least enough to get him over the line at the next election?
Is the public so shallow as to accept the head of TG and let MB off the hook?

The GH Industry (and connections) would do well to remember that the Nationals did not act alone in the near destruction of the livelihood(s) of thousands of industry-dependent families. 

As far as I can see it, the Nationals are the JUNIOR partner in this deal.

The fall-out over this is not nearly enough ... has not nearly gone close to the heart of the matter.

MB has still not been called to account.
Dutch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 5:45pm
And Luke Foley can certainly take no credit for this.

He was notably absent from the discussion.

People should also keep in mind his gutless response to this cinema too.
Where was LF when the families involved in the GH industry in NSW were looking at a heavy belting?

I didn't see him chained to any kennels!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 5:48pm
I dont think the anger on the weekend took Foley into account and think if Grant and Piccoli resigned then Baird, the architect of this issue and council amalgamations should surely fall on his sword too
Dutch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I dont think the anger on the weekend took Foley into account and think if Grant and Piccoli resigned then Baird, the architect of this issue and council amalgamations should surely fall on his sword too
Thumbs Up
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 6:31pm
I still think if this issue went to a general vote the majority would support Bairds decision to ban the game. Unfortunately for them our electoral system does not work that way. I just hope the greyhounds & our up & our little furry friends end up better off. They certainly deserve a lot better. I could not care less about a cruel industry put on for gambling. What other purpose does it have ? I want to become an inspector....I'd be happy to do it for nothing.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 6:51pm
Internal polling and influence peddlers must have told him different. This could be career ending
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 7:44pm
"career ending" PT....very appropriate terminology....if only dogs could talk !
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 7:45pm
Wouldn't be at all surprised if city folk supported a ban on greyhounds but country folk certainly demonstrated their views in Orange.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 7:48pm
Of course they did....& voted in the Shooters Party
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 11:02pm
My phone rang hot to Orange recent times .           I was born there and many family members were quick to try and turn that 20% margin on it's head .
    I believe it is the biggest vote turn around in a by election ever.

Grant was smug and full of support for the Bastxxd Premier so he jumped today before he was pushed .

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 7:24am
Have a lot of mates in / from country areas. As a general observation they seem to have less compassion for animals than most city folk. Probably because animals are often used by them as a need to make a living. So no surprise to me that most would put jobs ahead of animal welfare.
Ok...get on with it....shoot me down.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 8:50am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Have a lot of mates in / from country areas. As a general observation they seem to have less compassion for animals than most city folk. Probably because animals are often used by them as a need to make a living. So no surprise to me that most would put jobs ahead of animal welfare.
Ok...get on with it....shoot me down.

Would NEVER shoot you down one one but some main points.

The very foods we eat are reared and slaughtered in the regional areas which spares most from the unpleasant reality of what has to be .
  Many animals are destructive to our very food chain and culling is non stop .
Even the law states animals are property.

I'm always amused by the animal lover activists who bleat all the way to the dinner table where they participate in a mixed grill.     Feed their dog horse meat and love their cat for bringing home a mouse , a bird , a lizard = whatever.

The Greyhound Industry is huge in regional areas .      Country people have no Opera House and the like so are very involved in the "poor mans " racing .          Their economy is somewhat dependent on it .    wastage is in everything living .

Forgive me but I even use fly spray , and poison white ants .
 you may ask why Fiddles & Whale have been spared .       I am working on it Big smile

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 9:21am
Macca much of what you say is very true. The difference with the greyhound industry is that it is not fair dinkum. It has always pretended that the industry is in good hands. The dogs have never had anywhere near a "full" life....yet they keep peddling the bulgelati that they do.Tell it how it is....just as the livestock industries do. As I said earlier I look forward to the birth to natural death program for every dog to be implemented. I would also add that at least with the livestock industries it ends up as a food source. What's the end result for the greyhound game....for degenerated like you & me to punt on. Hardly a noble cause to turn a blind eye to animal cruelty. I mean it's not as if we are short of things to bet on in this country is it ? Should we legalise cock fighting....or dog fighting....or seal killing....just because a few in the community are making a quid out of it. Bring back the circus animals...no one just wants to see clowns anymore ! The greyhound game will either never improve....or if it does will not be viable for those who participate. Either way it's long term future is gonzo
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 9:47am

Macca much of what you say is very true. The difference with the greyhound industry is that it is not fair dinkum. It has always pretended that the industry is in good hands. The dogs have never had anywhere near a "full" life....yet they keep peddling the bulgelati that they do.Tell it how it is....just as the livestock industries do. As I said earlier I look forward to the birth to natural death program for every dog to be implemented. I would also add that at least with the livestock industries it ends up as a food source. What's the end result for the greyhound game....for degenerated like you & me to punt on. Hardly a noble cause to turn a blind eye to animal cruelty. I mean it's not as if we are short of things to bet on in this country is it ? Should we legalise cock fighting....or dog fighting....or seal killing....just because a few in the community are making a quid out of it. Bring back the circus animals...no one just wants to see clowns anymore ! The greyhound game will either never improve....or if it does will not be viable for those who participate. Either way it's long term future is gonzo

One one ...     There are a million more unwanted / neglected pets put down by the RSPCA , than greyhounds.
   Reality is our near neighbours eat dogs ..     There's an export industry going begging.
No one agrees with live baiting on some private tracks .    Not necessary and an automatic 6 months gaol would stop that ( as it did SP betting )
        Abandoned pets are a far bigger problem .       
     WE ARE ALL GONZA long term.

You don't seem to realise how big greyhound racing is ...     much bigger than Harness racing.
   Look what happened to the Nationals in Orange election  over the ban.        36% swing ( biggest ever )

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 10:01am
Yes Macca....a very big swing. Great to see all the votes go to that great group called the Shooters Party. Pretty obvious when you think about the connection I suppose !
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 10:54am
Ironic really that greyhounds are genetically the most sound, healthy, canine pure bred, yet are the least likely to see out their natural lives  Confused
Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2016 at 4:18pm

Yes Macca....a very big swing. Great to see all the votes go to that great group called the Shooters Party. Pretty obvious when you think about the connection I suppose !

The election party is Shooters , Fishing & Farmers Party .       Shooting is a sport with a great following .
Mostly target , in Shooters Clubs .
  Guns are on most properties as a necessity .    

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2016 at 8:42am
Max while ever you have blokes like Borsak running the show it will get bugger all support from me. He is the bloke who champions game hunting....reckons he was doing Zimbabwe a favour by culling a bunch of elephants. Saw a clip on his game hunting years ago & he was salivating at the thought of hunting wild animals. Funny game hunting does not get a mention on their Policy page....unlike their protest about the Adler pump action gun getting reclassified. Cannot see this bloke caring too much about greyhounds being knocked on the head in there thousands. 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2016 at 10:42am

Trainer who used cattle prod on greyhound unlikely to face criminal charges

Adam Pengilly

A trainer who allegedly used a cattle prod capable of emitting a 6000-volt shock on a greyhound in order to make it run faster is unlikely to face criminal charges after being disqualified from the industry.

Fairfax Media understands Robert Newstead won't be subject to police prosecution or further scrutiny from the RSPCA after being banned for 15 months by Greyhound Racing NSW for his part in an incident at Newcastle's The Gardens track in July 2012.

chance" under a new regime.

Video of the incident was also obtained by the ABC and GRNSW, the state's industry regulator, referred the case to the authorities in July to see if criminal charges could be laid. But it's understood that such a scenario is now considered unlikely.

Newstead will instead serve a lengthy disqualification from greyhound racing after an inquiry found him guilty of "shocking" a greyhound with the electric prod as a lure travelled past the starting boxes during a trialling session.

Newstead was charged by GRNSW with two offences in October and recently pleaded guilty at a hearing.

Due to his plea he was given a 25 per cent discount on his penalty. He will be able to apply for a licence, if he wishes, in early 2018.

The footage of the cattle prod incident emerged just weeks after the NSW government announced an imminent ban of greyhound racing in the state, which was later reversed.

Deputy Premier and Racing Minister Troy Grant, who flanked Premier Mike Baird during his announcement of a ban on greyhound racing, has since quit as NSW Nationals leader after the party lost the Orange by-election to the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers party candidate Philip Donato.

Newstead hasn't started a greyhound in any race since April this year, more than two months before footage of the cattle prod incident emerged publicly.

GRNSW has engaged former top thoroughbred racing steward Ray Murrihy to sift through reams of evidence from an investigation into the Keinbah​ trial track, which was chaired by Sydney barrister Clive Steirn​, SC.

Steirn probed whether witnesses misled a GRNSW inquiry in evidence about the conduct of participants at the trialling facility. Dozens of bones were dug up at the site in July.

Murrihy served as Racing NSW's chief steward for more than 20 years during a distinguished career lasting more than four decades across Australia.

He will determine whether any person figuring in evidence obtained in the Keinbah trial track investigation has breached the rules of GRNSW, which found no evidence to corroborate claims of animal welfare offences at the track during its own inquiry earlier this year.

Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 7:26pm
Double agent spills the beans on Animals Australia's illegal activities in greyhound sting.

A ROGUE Animals Australia operative, who is a trainer in Victoria, has shed light on the circumstances surrounding the Lara raids last week.

At a property just outside of Geelong, owned by a member of controversial former trainer Graeme Bate's family, Blake Shillington and Thomas Mitchell felt the full force of an alleged Animals Australia's covert surveillance operation.

Charlie Wilson, who has enjoyed moderate success as a trainer, said he has been working hand-in-hand with with the head of Animals Australia Lyn White.

Wilson claims the alleged Animals Australia sting, was carried out at trainers of Melbourne Cup dogs, in a bid to create maximum exposure, by implicating a leading trainer with vision obtained on T185 spy cameras. At the Shillington-Mitchell property alone he said there was 14 cameras installed with regular battery changes happening at around midnight each night.

“It was a very sophisticated operation and we were there to chase drug cheats — drug cheats who have never been targeted," he said.

“I was never paid, but I was asked to go in and capture world-first footage of greyhounds being doped."

Wilson claims he joined forces with Animals Australia after becoming concerned about drugs in greyhound racing. He says the practice is rife and Animals Australia has proof. He said "close to 40" properties in Victoria were targeted in the sting with several of the trainers, who Australian Racing Greyhound has chosen not to name, having won group races on the biggest stage.

The Lara raid is just the tip of the iceberg with Wilson revealing Animals Australia planned to team up with the ABC to release an expose on drugs in greyhound racing in early 2017. It has the potential to reverberate through the sport nationally, and would again throw doubt on whether NSW Premier Mike Baird will repeal legislation banning the sport in his state.

An Animals Australia spokesperson confirmed they were the source which tipped off Greyhound Racing Victoria about the alleged illegal activities at the Lara property.

The spokesperson said it was disappointing Wilson had decided to turn whistleblower, after openly speaking to them about his own misdemeanours in greyhound racing. The spokesperson failed to give confirmation about how they obtained vision from Shillington and Mitchell's property which was supplied to GRV.

“Charlie Wilson indicated a willingness to be interviewed by the media and speak to his own drugging of greyhounds that was never detected, as well as to the widespread use of performance enhancing drugs in greyhound racing,” they said.

“Animals Australia forwarded evidence relating to alleged drugging offences at a Lara property to Greyhound Racing Victoria for investigation, with appropriate information and vision to support their investigation. It is disappointing therefore to witness the person who was actively encouraging Animals Australia to investigate drugging in the greyhound industry, now engaging in a public vendetta.”

Australian Racing Greyhound has seen correspondence between Wilson and someone using the alias Blue Wren, with Wilson claiming it is White. He alleges White co-ordinated the plan to bring down greyhound racing in the state and confirmed a leading owner was one of the main figures in the cross hairs of Animals Australia.

“She knew that I was a trainer. She also knew that I had dogs in the industry, she also knew that I was still in the industry," he said.

“She was even willing to pay for me at one stage to continue to train and to maintain my dogs so I could obtain covert footage of the industry for her.

“Lyn White’s main goal was to shut greyhound racing down forever.”

GRV integrity boss Shane Gillard refused to confirm an alleged meeting investigator Charlie Bezzina had with Wilson on Friday, but did say there was an ongoing investigation into the events surrounding the Lara raid. He said the anonymous hotline, set up to combat illegal behaviour in the sport, had been running hot since the news broke.

"We have a lot of information passed onto us all the time," he said.

"The information we received about the Lara raid was given to us anonymously and then we acted on it."

Wilson admitted he faced legal problems by revealing his own involvement with Animals Australia, but said he felt obliged to come forward in an attempt to help the battle-scarred industry survive and move forward. Wilson openly admits to trespassing on behalf of Animals Australia with several Victorian trainers confirming they have had run-ins with operatives, or found equipment relating to surveillance on their properties. One trainer, who did not want to be named, said they are exploring legal avenues.

“We have enough information to shut Animals Australia down – they act corruptly," Wilson said.

“I have that many emails… that implicate Lyn White as the orchestrator – she is the chief Indian and we refer to her and she would give the green light to go to these properties and do things.”

Wilson has a chequered history in greyhound racing with his initial beef with the industry stemming from two dogs he bought off a NSW trainer, which failed to show the same ability under his guidance, before one eventually died and the other retired. He claims the dogs must have been doped before they arrived at his kennel.

“Information provided to Animals Australia by Charlie Wilson alleged the wide-spread use of performance enhancing drugs in the greyhound racing industry, most of which remains undetected by regulators," The Animals Australia spokesperson said.

"The use of such drugs, not only has significant animal welfare impacts, but would result in extensive race fixing.

“[Wilson] used performance enhancing EPO consistently in the greyhounds he trained. He actively encouraged Animals Australia to investigate this matter stating he had become disenchanted with the industry over a dispute with a [fellow trainer] over dogs he had bought from him, one of which had died.

“We look forward to working constructively with GRV to clean up the industry.”

Australian Racing Greyhound can confirm a top trainer recovered surveillance equipment from their property on Sunday, with GRV integrity officers and police expected to be informed imminently.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016 at 7:28pm
Above is from Facebook. Good news that some drug cheats will be done, but fantastic news that Animals Australia are in all sorts of trouble :)
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 7:09am
CCTV is widely used these days...both publically & in work places. Public transport, department stores, convenience stores, petrol stations are just some examples. They are commonly introduced under the guise of improved security, shop lifting. Reality is they are more commonly used for Management to spy on their own staff....& use it as a big stick to keep employees on their toes. As long as a sticker is placed in the area saying CCTV is in operation they can do what ever they want with it. I have never thought this was reasonable.
However, as it is the case the Greyhound tracks should install their own CCTV & use it in their defence as required. If they have modified their practices they would have little to worry about. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic