Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Addictive Nature

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:53am
Knock*
Sunline...simply supreme
Bonfield View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonfield Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 1:04am
I have them rating very similar last starts, with Brave Song marginally higher. It will come down to which improves the most. Both bred to go over ground.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 2:22pm
Just could not get away from them over the short trip.

Looks a exciting front running middle distance prospect.

reductio ad absurdum
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2017 at 3:24pm
Overrated flop of the highest order
ThatGuy View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 11:19am
Will be giving it another chance. Having had opportunity to interrogate Shogun Sun's last start, perhaps that horse could be half decent.

No leaders won on the day and the fence was off (definitely later in the day). Once leaders got caught in the straight you saw them fold up very easily the rest of the day so I will give credit to Addictive Nature for sticking on.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 2:58pm
Promising but that's where it is at the moment imo, if the 3 rd horse doesn't drift of the fence ( Solar Impact) the winner has to go over heels and makes the finish interesting, don't know about the winner but of the other two at this stage Solar Impact impresses me the most, loved the way he rallied when the winner got through, hope GM doesn't get trigger happy and go for the blinkers, imo may fire him up too much and over do it.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Promising but that's where it is at the moment imo, if the 3 rd horse doesn't drift of the fence ( Solar Impact) the winner has to go over heels and makes the finish interesting, don't know about the winner but of the other two at this stage Solar Impact impresses me the most, loved the way he rallied when the winner got through, hope GM doesn't get trigger happy and go for the blinkers, imo may fire him up too much and over do it.

Fastest split of the day, 35-34 overall 1-11-72
Missile. 36-22 overall. 1-11-82, after track upgrade S7 to S6 .
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 5:02pm
I'll sit on the fence with Addictive Nature and Brave Song for now. Wait for news from the stables, if we get any.

A N kicked on well but was there to win and just folded when it got tough. And I doubt the opposition was any better than what's been served up in recent weeks.

B S's run was just too bad to be true so I'm suspecting something amiss there. Or just hoping.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 5:09pm
Baker wasn't disappointed, likely to push onto the Ming Dynasty.

Snowden said Brave Song is immature and off for a spell. Possibly didn't handle soft.
Sunline...simply supreme
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 3:05pm
The sectionals for the day suggested they ought not be disappointed. 

Only the Sangiovese race clocked a faster L600 and Shogun Sun clocked ~0.3 seconds faster than any other horse for the last 400m (Sangiovese) and nearly 0.4sec faster last 200m.

SS, Addictive Nature and Solar Patch ran the three quickest L200s for the day, albeit with the use of a fresh track.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Overrated flop of the highest order

A listed winner at his 3rd start.

reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 7:30pm
Can' t say he is a flop, but if you asked me which horse I wanted to take home from yesterdays race then Assimilate is the one, even considering his racing pattern of getting back and needing luck in the run.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 10:31pm
Really tough effort from this bloke and fantastic training effort from Baker, it must be said, to resurrect him from that surprise defeat last start.

I was on the first two, and have to agree that Assimilate looked hard done by with Bowman choosing to restrain the horse 2 lengths off the second-last horse - no questions asked by stewards which is alarming. Fair enough if you want to go back to last but there is no need to be that far off the second-last horse.

Irrespective, Addictive Nature did some work up top and kicked very strongly, before fighting off Assimilate late. He looks a horse of loads of promise and potential with that speed and pedigree full of stamina. With this prep under his belt, he should come back in the autumn ready to tackle G1s and I back him to be in the finish of one or two.
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 10:36pm
I think his trainer is going to stuff him up if he heads towards the Golden Rose.

reductio ad absurdum
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 10:57pm
He won't and he isn't as far as I'm aware.
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 11:25pm
Savabeel Colt Heading for the Big Time
Mark Smith - Saturday, 26 August 2017

Striking Savabeel colt Addictive Nature may be given his chance in the $1 million Group I Golden Rose following a thoroughly game performance in Saturday's $150,000 Group III Monaco Cup-Ming Dynasty Quality (1400m) at Rosehill Gardens.

Sent to the front by Tim Clark, Addictive Nature was given little peace from the Tulloch Lodge entrant Runaway.

Meanwhile the undefeated Sebring colt Assimilate was meandering away a disinterested last.

When Addictive Nature beat off Runaway, he came under attack from Assimilate who was charging home from the tail of the field.

The Bjorn Baker-trained colt would not be denied, holding on strongly to defeat Assimilate by a short-head with Astoria (Medaglia d'Oro) a further one and three-quarter length back in third. (photos Steve Hart)

"He's still doing things a bit upside down but he's got untapped potential," Baker said.

"I guess for a Savabeel he has just about got too much speed, so it's a little bit of a question of what we do and where we go.

"He's always shown a lot, he's a high priced yearling and he's as good a looking horse as I've ever trained or even be involved with..

'We will have a bit of a think about things, see how he recovers. Regardless of what happens we are yet to see the best of him. He's done it all this preparation - that was his third run. He has been up for a while.

'We will just see how he comes through, there is a pretty good race in a few weeks' time (Stan Fox Stakes), there's couple of options there, we'll see."

A $775,000 purchase by Ultra Thoroughbred Racing from the Little Avondale draft at the 2016 NZB Premier Yearling Sale, Addictive Nature was the second most expensive of the 45 Savabeel yearlings at the sale.

He advances his overall record to two wins and a second from three starts with earnings of $126,950.

A full brother to Group II Mitchelton Wines Vase winner and Group I Champion takes third Savvy Nature, Addictive Nature is the fifth living foal of the unraced Carnegie mare Generous Nature a daughter of the Listed Quezette Stakes winner and Group I VATC Blue Diamond Stakes runner-up La Lagune (Danehill).

Generous Nature has a 2yo filly by Sebring named Our Sunny Girl. She missed to

Per Incanto (USA) in 2015 and was covered by the sin of Street Cry (IRE) again last spring.

Addictive Nature becomes the 65thstakes winner for Waikato Stud's flagship stallion Savabeel.

reductio ad absurdum
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 11:39pm
No mention of Golden Rose, djebel?
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2017 at 11:44pm
The very first line LOL
reductio ad absurdum
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 12:31am
Haha that's the journalist trying to get you to read the article. Not a single quote in that article to support the first editorial line.
Sunline...simply supreme
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 11:29am
On at $3 all-in and very keen.

Only concern is they're going to look for something to trail rather than lead. He doesn't quite have the draw to be gifted that spot, so there's a risk he's caught wide while they look at what's unfolding inside him. As long as they're assertive, so as a minimum he can still go forward and look for something to come across him, which I expect there will be looking at the speed map - or simply hold the lead again in the unlikely event it's served up to him.
Sunline...simply supreme
The Stallion View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 1:26pm
I'm with you on this one Sunline. One of the better bets of the day, in a race with some nice horses, I think he has them covered.
That's the smell of victory, you can't wash that out.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

On at $3 all-in and very keen.

Only concern is they're going to look for something to trail rather than lead. He doesn't quite have the draw to be gifted that spot, so there's a risk he's caught wide while they look at what's unfolding inside him. As long as they're assertive, so as a minimum he can still go forward and look for something to come across him, which I expect there will be looking at the speed map - or simply hold the lead again in the unlikely event it's served up to him.

He will be top two - post race they will just say he began too good.

Bit of foxing going on. 
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017 at 6:23pm
May well be, Gov. Won't worry me if that plays out. As long as they don't muck it all up.
Sunline...simply supreme
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 8:02am
Got stuck into $4.5 all-in earlier this week, fully expecting him to start $3.5 or less - I'll be surprised if he doesn't jump favourite.

I cannot get Global Glamour that short off a tough run in the heat and against a sharp 3yo like Addictive Nature who has scope for big improvement here and into the rest of this prep.

Otherwise it's a terrible Expressway Stakes with mostly 3yos and a good mare in Memes who no one would have ever dreamt you'd find in an Expressway Stakes when she was struggling to break her maiden. She's my save bet.

Excited to see this colt back today and expect him to be winning.
Sunline...simply supreme
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 9:27am
What's the end game for this prep? Guineas? Doncaster?
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 2:12pm
Randwick Guineas.
Sunline...simply supreme
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Randwick Guineas.

Will be the topical tip for a few of us .
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 2:20pm
Sure will.

As a sidenote, I'm far from convinced he will run a strong Randwick mile. Needs to show he relaxes this time in, and his breeding clouds everyone's perception of his ideal trip. On what we've seen to date, 1400m is his limit. Will be a query for me and vulnerable to the likes of Kaonic in the last 200m of the Randwick Guineas.

Let's start with a win today and go from there!
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 2:24pm
Should run a mile up a mud soaked hill with ease.

Today will surely be too sharp ?
reductio ad absurdum
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2018 at 2:28pm
Djebel you only say that based on his pedigree. They don't run on paper. He may well be better this time in, but he didn't run out 1500m last prep, albeit at the end of his first lifetime prep which can be excused.

I only say he needs to prove it first, and it's fraught banking on his pedigree when he looks and races nothing like his pedigree.
Sunline...simply supreme
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>