Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Addictive Nature

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 8:11pm
Absolute quality. His two granddams: Savannah Success and La Lagune...top class.

If he can go on to win a nice G1 - always a big if til they do - he has the pedigree to carry on the Zabeel sireline.
Sunline...simply supreme
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Suggest we also keep an eye on the 4th place-getter.

Super impressive too.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by RED HUNTER RED HUNTER wrote:

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Suggest we also keep an eye on the 4th place-getter.

Super impressive too.

AL MAH HAHA.....offered at ready to run sale OCT 2016....passed at 80k,wanted 100k

Gosh it was GREEN.

Everyone saw it. Like to just watch it repeat it next start. Waller has a bad reputation for consistency unless (you know what)

May end up in HK under the grand scheme.

Glyn must have seen it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 8:46pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 8:49pm
that link sold for 60k.....just search..... AL MAHER STREET LASS .....for earlier ready to run sale in OCT 2016
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Absolute quality. His two granddams: Savannah Success and La Lagune...top class.

If he can go on to win a nice G1 - always a big if til they do - he has the pedigree to carry on the Zabeel sireline.

Well, if you owned him you would want a 3YO Group 1 of any kind so that his stud value was secured.

The Spring Champion Stakes looks the obvious target but he isn't in the betting for any of the Group 1s on SportsBet. I don't know about the other corporates.
I started with nothing and still have most of it left
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 8:58pm
20/1 for the Golden Rose and the Guineas on CrownBet.

horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 10:58pm
25/1 on TAB
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 10:58pm
That's for Golden Rose
tillyras View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tillyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 11:07pm
Just remember, he's won a restricted 2yo race at Warwick Farm on a Wednesday in July.
I think it's a massive call to say he is the successor to Zabeel!

Time will tell.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2017 at 11:28pm
Tilly, not really saying that. I did say if he wins a G1 and it's a big if until they do.

The main reason I'm pointing that out is, other than Reset who was never accepted by the market, and Lonhro who has done ok but but won't be remembered as a sire, Zabeel hasn't left something remotely like him and most stallions as good as him leave at least one to carry on the good work for the line.

All that said I'm convinced he's a Group horse and time will tell if he's a G1 horse. I'd rather be on him than something with 2yo form from last year or the autumn on garbage tracks.
Sunline...simply supreme
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 11:32pm
R1 Saturday, up 100m to 1200m, drawn the rail. Runs into Brave Song and Solar Patch, two last start impressive winners.

What does everyone think?
Sunline...simply supreme
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 11:37pm
I would have preferred they gave him more space between races.

His genes will take affect soon and the trainer will train all the speed out of the horse for longer journeys further down the line.

#IMNSHO

reductio ad absurdum
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2017 at 11:38pm
I like the Godolphin filly
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 12:14am
MK, the horse it beat (Puppet Master) was beaten a length by Al Mah Ha Ha today, who was beaten 2L by Addictive Nature the start prior.

It's not a science but AN should have the wood on her, shouldn't he?
Sunline...simply supreme
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 12:16am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I would have preferred they gave him more space between races.

His genes will take affect soon and the trainer will train all the speed out of the horse for longer journeys further down the line.

#IMNSHO

Al Mah Ha Ha ran today, he's getting another few days at least. I think you'll find the horse won't go deep this prep and will be in a paddock after it's third run.
Sunline...simply supreme
The Stallion View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Stallion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 1:08am
Black figures. Good price. Will be heavily involved.
That's the smell of victory, you can't wash that out.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 1:47am
I was hoping for $2.5. Opened $2, and I said no thanks. Saw $2.25 so I've had half may bet on that. Hoping it eases a touch but not sure it will do of any significance.

At $2.5 he was a max bet for me. At $2.25 I'll double my bet but it won't be max bet. Heavily involved all the same, because this horse is a machine.
Sunline...simply supreme
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 2:22am

I was hoping for $2.5. Opened $2, and I said no thanks. Saw $2.25 so I've had half may bet on that. Hoping it eases a touch but not sure it will do of any significance.

At $2.5 he was a max bet for me. At $2.25 I'll double my bet but it won't be max bet. Heavily involved all the same, because this horse is a machine.

I think you mentioned it broke a long standing class record on debut and the easily best final 600 of the day so has to win these lower classes on the way to a Newmarket / Melb. Cup aye ..     
therealkramer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 9:26am

R1 Saturday, up 100m to 1200m, drawn the rail. Runs into Brave Song and Solar Patch, two last start impressive winners.

I still haven't forgotten the thrashing Brave Song's sire, Your Song, dished out to a still-competitive Rain Affair on a rain affected track. So if Randwick gets the forecast rain and the track condition is downgraded, I think Brave Song can spring an upset.
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 12:42pm
He's the obvious fav and no reason to expect he won't have improved but so has Brave Song and, I expect, Regimen - who was going away from Puppet Master on the line at Gosford. Topweight will like any soft footing and Wild Heart was good enough last time, as was Funoon  (Berry off helps). Think you'll get 6/4 and I'll be happy to look on unless BS gets out.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 1:48pm
Odds are poisonous. Should win, but no bet for me.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by therealkramer therealkramer wrote:

I still haven't forgotten the thrashing Brave Song's sire, Your Song, dished out to a still-competitive Rain Affair on a rain affected track. So if Randwick gets the forecast rain and the track condition is downgraded, I think Brave Song can spring an upset.

If the rain comes that would make Addictive Nature a sure thing.

He will eat the wet and the extra stamina required to get through it.

reductio ad absurdum
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 2:11pm
I doubt the track matters either way. I'm confident Addictive Nature wins. I love both horses too so I shouldn't really have a bias at play!
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 2:16pm
I think Calculated will be better over longer-think Gloaming Stakes/Spring Champion. Brave Song arguably should have beaten him first up at nearly 20-1. Addictive Nature was impressive but what did he beat? He obviously will get over ground but he can beat them on class alone when he's running in maiden company over sprint trips.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 2:29pm
$2.40 CrownBet
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 2:52pm

I think Calculated will be better over longer-think Gloaming Stakes/Spring Champion. Brave Song arguably should have beaten him first up at nearly 20-1. Addictive Nature was impressive but what did he beat? He obviously will get over ground but he can beat them on class alone when he's running in maiden company over sprint trips.

Didn't beat any champs but he beat Al Mah Ha Ha who did the form no harm yesterday.

For me it was less about who he beat, but delivering that performance, smashing the clock, under heavy pressure from start to finish, all on debut. Big tick. Should spiral upwards with the scope for improvement.
Sunline...simply supreme
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 2:59pm

Didn't beat any champs but he beat Al Mah Ha Ha who did the form no harm yesterday.

For me it was less about who he beat, but delivering that performance, smashing the clock, under heavy pressure from start to finish, all on debut. Big tick. Should spiral upwards with the scope for improvement.

Horses that smash the clock often struggle to reproduce that sort of effort on rain affected ground. AD has raced or trialed on nothing worse than a Slow 7. It may not matter-he may come out and put a gap in them but if we do get the rain(it hasn't arrived yet but it's looming)he's got barrier and is <6/4. That's a lay imo.
scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2017 at 7:43pm
Brave Song will have the last say in the straight.
Two horse race and both look bullet proof on any track but $3.50 or $4 with the PP wins me over. Especially when I get a free shot at the stumps if he runs second with the Free Bet promo.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2017 at 12:17am
Cheers all - seems most keen to take him on at the price and find a home with Brave Song. Can't know Brave Song one bit.
Sunline...simply supreme
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>