Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

6 week old foal stolen from Vic racing stable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6 week old foal stolen from Vic racing stable
    Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:11am
Frankston Crime Investigation Unit detectives are investigating the theft of a valuable foal from a racing stable in Carrum Downs on Monday.

The incident occurred on McCormick Road when the six week old foal named Holly was discovered missing from the property.

The foal was in a paddock with a brood mare and was receiving veterinary treatment which required the foal to wear splint boots.

Investigators found the splint boots in the paddock and believe the foal was carried to a waiting vehicle.

Anyone with information is urged is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential report online at www.crimestoppersvic.com.au

Sergeant Megan Stefanec

Media Officer

Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

Frankston Crime Investigation Unit detectives are investigating the theft of a valuable foal from a racing stable in Carrum Downs on Monday.

The incident occurred on McCormick Road when the six week old foal named Holly was discovered missing from the property.

The foal was in a paddock with a brood mare and was receiving veterinary treatment which required the foal to wear splint boots.

Investigators found the splint boots in the paddock and believe the foal was carried to a waiting vehicle.

Anyone with information is urged is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential report online at www.crimestoppersvic.com.au

Sergeant Megan Stefanec

Media Officer

Terrible news 😢
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:56am
Probably one of the "do gooder " brigade , thinking they will take it and fix it up by magic, and so gain a place in their pack,s champion books.
Surely no horse person would take its boots off it, if they wanted it for its value ?
animals before people.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 11:04am
It has no 'value' being stolen anyway, they won't be able to race or breed with it.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 12:14pm
All is not as it seems with the missing foal , debt owing !!!!

Ermm
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 12:39pm
Nathan McPherson

****STOLEN*** CARRUM DOWNS****VICTORIA
This is a very hard foal to miss!!
Holly is six weeks old and was born with contracted tendon..
I’ve been work my ass off to get her right and when arrived home from work today someone has cut her braces off that were heavily duck on..
Best be bringing my foal back before I find the people responsible..
Please share everyone I’ve been living for this foal since she was born

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 12:51pm
No matter what the reason, why go and cut her boots off ??
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 3:17pm
Has been found dead unfortunately
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 3:28pm
Debt or no debt, some things are just not done.
to the victor
StormSiren View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 3:35pm
Is In the Know insinuating it was stolen because of a debt, or that it's an inside job re insurance to pay a debt? Not sure which way to take it.. Ouch
Lost in the magical world of racing. Storm Siren, Sirens Star, Elpis & Wait For It.
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by StormSiren StormSiren wrote:

Is In the Know insinuating it was stolen because of a debt, or that it's an inside job re insurance to pay a debt? Not sure which way to take it.. Ouch

Not sure but surely you wouldn’t get insurance on that foal? Just a weird, weird story. Sad.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 4:11pm
Whatever happened it became involved through no fault of it's own the poor thing.
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 4:12pm
Sad story all round, home made splints, which look to be doing nothing for the legs. Did it even have a vet look at it or advise?
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 4:25pm
All people involved in the sad demise of the 6 week old baby should be ashamed.
2Square View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Square Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Einstein Einstein wrote:

Sad story all round, home made splints, which look to be doing nothing for the legs. Did it even have a vet look at it or advise?

It looks like the splints have worked a treat, why would you even suggest that a vet hadn’t been consulted?
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 4:26pm
Hopefully the carry their guilt for the rest of their days as a reminder.
theshu25 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theshu25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 4:58pm
Wouldnt you like to catch the   animals that stole this foal.  Unbelievable what some mongrels will do nowadays.Hope they get caught and rot in hell,animal dogs.
theshu
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 5:11pm
This all sounds a bit suspect, he said that his CCTV didn’t work for 3 hours whilst he was out. He is currently suspended from training. I am sure that there will be more to come out.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 5:14pm

Frankston Crime Investigation Unit detectives are continuing their investigation into the theft of a valuable foal from a racing stable in Carrum Downs on Monday.

The body of the deceased foal was discovered by the owners this morning in Carrum Downs on their property.

The investigation is ongoing and the circumstances are still being investigated.

Apparently found in a water trough Confused

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by monty1 monty1 wrote:

This all sounds a bit suspect, he said that his CCTV didn’t work for 3 hours whilst he was out. He is currently suspended from training. I am sure that there will be more to come out.

Am inclined to agree.  You'd think the mare would be with her foal for starters.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 5:23pm
Geez I'm hoping this doesn't turn into what it's starting to sound like
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 5:40pm
Eurack a supposed superstar in the making under Nate McPherson with four unbeaten runs before a spell.  McPherson gets suspended for a cocaine positive, that after having been previously fined $8,000 for an earlier infraction.  Eurack is transferred to Carlo Vidotto but can't go a yard at Flemington on Saturday.

Don't you suspect the the foal's problems appeared beyond help from the photos provided?  How does the foal become disengaged from its mother?  

Hopefully the insurance agent involved is a member here and can further assist.  Confused
2Square View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Square Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 6:02pm
[QUOTE=Second Chance]
Eurack a supposed superstar in the making under Nate McPherson with four unbeaten runs before a spell.  McPherson gets suspended for a cocaine positive, that after having been previously fined $8,000 for an earlier infraction.  Eurack is transferred to Carlo Vidotto but can't go a yard at Flemington on Saturday.

Don't you suspect the the foal's problems appeared beyond help from the photos provided?  How does the foal become disengaged from its mother?  

Hopefully the insurance agent involved is a member here and can further assist.  Confused[/DIV

There was no insurance on the foal so not sure you will find the agent
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Exactly!! I just didn't want to be the only one to mention it & is why I posted the pics Wink The poor thing had no chance of a quality life & the mare could well have helped an orphan, had commonsense been in vogue.
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 6:27pm
Sounds like the foal is better off having passed away.
I just hope she didn’t suffer
Einstein View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Einstein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by 2Square 2Square wrote:

Originally posted by Einstein Einstein wrote:

It looks like the splints have worked a treat, why would you even suggest that a vet hadn’t been consulted?
The splints were useless on that foal, and were said to be home made in another article. A vet would make them if they were out at the horse.
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 7:53pm
This story is looking very suss!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 8:03pm
It gets more weird with every post & piece of info that arrives, something's very smelly Confused
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 9:54pm
Many ,many years ago a country vet made splints out of pvc pipe for a foal with similar problems plus attached a timber base to each hoof.
It worked. The horse raced for many years 7 won a steeplechase in Melbourne'
Why do I know? I bred the foal

It does seem people are  inclined to comment when their knowledge on some very old remedies is non existent

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:06pm
Geez, poor little baby.   Drowned ?  Because of human problems. Angry  Its all very sad but just hope the foal didnt suffer too much, altho found in a trough ?   Cry  Humans are  horrible people if they take out their spite on a foal.   Even if its legs did look bad.   I saw one with legs like that, treated by an old bushie, who came good and won races, as Gelncoe says.
Poor wee foal.   Sacrificed for human spite it seems ?? 
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>