Please visit VillageBet for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2019 Aust & NZ Jumps Racing Season

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2019 Aust & NZ Jumps Racing Season
    Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 7:22am
The Vic season gets underway today with 3 competitive races at the Bool - a Steeplechase & 2 hurdles. The SA season kicks off on 27th Mar with a hurdle at Strathalbyn, whilst over in NZ they start off at Rivertown next month.

There’s already been a few trial days with last seasons stars like Zed Em, Self Sense, Bit of a Lad & Killarney Kid all back in work. Also lots of interesting newcomers too.

Patrick Payne & Ciaron Maher look to be building strong teams. Ciaron in particular has some interesting horses, including 2 UK jumpers - Yensir (who won his last 4 jumps starts in the UK) and Light Pillar (who ran 4th in the Queen Alexandra Stks at Royal Ascot last year).

Gai Waterhouse also has Goodwood Zodiac being educated, an imported stayer who has shown glimpses on form on the flat.

If anyone has spotted something from the trials they fancy let us all know.

I’m looking forward to seeing Patrick Payne’s NZ gelding (Ours) run in the Chase today, he’d be a likely Oakbank contender come Easter time.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 8:22pm
Great effort by Maher to get Bit of A Lad to win first up with a huge weight.

Thought Lucques still has lot to learn with his jumping, but was still good enough to win. He is a superior stayer on the flat compared to that field.
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 8:53pm
Nice to see King of the Forest win for the first time for a few years.

He was originally trained by the late, great Guy Walter. There can’t be too many (if any) of Guy’s horses still going around. I think Jacquinot Bay is retired?
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 9:46pm
Sense of Occasion still races in Sydney. Won his maiden for GW
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 9:47pm
Another one was Olympic Academy who raced in the Adelaide Cup on Monday. Started with Guy
kiwi88 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kiwi88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:52am
sparticus View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sparticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:30pm
That festival killed 7 horses alone last year didn't it? I think his comments are a bit rich.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic