Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2018 The Everest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by early4lunch early4lunch wrote:

I'm sick of the Everest already...and months to go yet.

The Melbourne Cup Trophy tour started yesterday. What a load of gelati that is.

You are very negative today djebel, may I suggest you find a Good book or go to bed with someone who has just read one.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by early4lunch early4lunch wrote:

I'm sick of the Everest already...and months to go yet.

The Melbourne Cup Trophy tour started yesterday. What a load of gelati that is.

You are very negative today djebel, may I suggest you find a Good book or go to bed with someone who has just read one.

Beer
reductio ad absurdum
3blindmice View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 5:11pm
Most of us gave BS none last year when he wasn't specifically trained for it. He might not be top pick but I wouldn't put him near the bottom either at this point.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:20pm
Care of Twitter.

The Everest: 1. Trapeze Artist - Aquis 2. In Her Time - TAB 3. Redzel - Yu Long 4. Brave Smash - Chris Waller Vega Magic Menari Shoals Kementari Happy Clapper Redkirk Warrior Viddora Catchy English Max Whitby Coolmore Damion Flower Star City GPI Racing Inglis James Harron ATC
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by 3blindmice 3blindmice wrote:

Most of us gave BS none last year when he wasn't specifically trained for it. He might not be top pick but I wouldn't put him near the bottom either at this point.

To me he is a go to as a last  resort.

reductio ad absurdum
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 12:29am
Surely no one will give Redkirk Warrior a slot, horse goes terrible around a bend.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 12:30am
Of the remaining horses I'd be well and truly chasing Kementari, looks a 1200m horse to me, think he'd fly first up in it.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Speediskey Speediskey wrote:

Of the remaining horses I'd be well and truly chasing Kementari, looks a 1200m horse to me, think he'd fly first up in it.

Negotiate with Coolmore ? Big smile
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 9:14pm
By Brad Gray

At Royal Randwick

First Stop Missile For Kementari
James Cummings is excited to put his star galloper Kementari in The Everest shop window by kicking him off in the $200,000 G2 Missile Stakes (1200m) in early August. That’ll be followed by the G1 Memsie Stakes (1400m) at Caulfield.

“Well, we don’t have a slot so I don’t waste too much time thinking about it. We just bring it up on the agenda every week and see how we are travelling but the critical thing is that the ball is in somebody else’s court there,” Cummings told Sky Sports Radio on Saturday morning.

“I might have three,” Cummings laughed, “But for now I pick out the targets for my horses the way I would if the race wasn’t there and if they come along after the Memsie for Kementari, then we can sit down and discuss it.”

“People know where were are at with it and it’s the cat and mouse game you see with everyone. There are a handful of people that have gone off early but there is something to be said for biding your time too.”

Speaking of The Everest, did now three-time Group One winner Santa Ana Lane announce himself as a genuine contender in taking out the Stradbroke Handicap?

reductio ad absurdum
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 6:17pm
Mick Bell has asked the ATC to give him the slot for Jungle Edge
Hoffy95 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoffy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 2:26pm
Flower's slot gone to English 
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 3:13pm
Looks like Nature Strip has a slot.
Nothing announced yet but strong whispers
"Go Hard or Go Home”
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 4:59pm
If I had a slot I would be knocking down Ryan's door to get Menari. I'm staggered it hasn't got a slot and I mean staggered. It would give English windburn.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 5:21pm
Totally agree. I'm flabbergasted that NS would be considered before at least a handful of others.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 5:27pm
Why is Menari form good form? Apart from him coming back from a wind operation.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 5:29pm
Looks like a 2 horse race to me- Kementari and Trapeze Artist.Shocked
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 5:40pm
Menari smashed Kementari over 1200m in smart time Tlaz. K may have improved but there's nothing to say M won't have after his lay off. Plenty of horses have come back well from "wind ops", including the champ SYT
adolphus twirk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 1:12am
Will the Everest be a one hit wonder?? Seven slots up for grabs with no horses only 4 months out.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 1:16am
6 slots up for grabs. 

Redzel
Trapeze Artist
In Her Time
English
Brave Smash
Shoals
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 1:17am
Originally posted by adolphus twirk adolphus twirk wrote:

Will the Everest be a one hit wonder?? Seven slots up for grabs with no horses only 4 months out.

Also theres a lot of horses that are very very likely to be getting a slot/going.

Kementari
Menari
Nature Strip the most likely on that list.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 1:43am
Pat Webster still holding hope for the big fella Happy Clapper also. I'm surprised he hasn't been locked away and I'd back him to run a drum. Loves Randwick. 

Somewhat surpising also that no rising 3yo (Estijaab, Ohood, Sunight, El Dorado Dreaming) is being mentioned but I guess holders will only know how they've come up much closer to the date. Hayes filly did okay last year.

Mr Grieves View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Grieves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 2:51am
Santa Ana Lane deserves a spot.
Sir Gov View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Gov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:04am

No chance - talk that it will be worth $15m next year & finally have G1 status.

Expect that there will be a few internationals next year - at a minimum 2.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Sir Gov Sir Gov wrote:

No chance - talk that it will be worth $15m next year & finally have G1 status.

Expect that there will be a few internationals next year - at a minimum 2.

Why next year and not this year?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 11:11am
I haven't been following this at all but I hear that the reason HK horses don't race in australia is quarantine problems. Can't something be done? If they get another Silent Witness will it race in the Everest?
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I haven't been following this at all but I hear that the reason HK horses don't race in australia is quarantine problems. Can't something be done? If they get another Silent Witness will it race in the Everest?

They can come here no dramas, there’s issues with horses being allowed back into HK
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3blindmice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 2:28pm
Rod Lyons owner of Nature Strip talks about his Flem win and Everest hope. He's backed it already apparently
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 3:23pm
There is a budding war for Menari apparently so there's 1 slot gone.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by SHOVHOG SHOVHOG wrote:

There is a budding war for Menari apparently so there's 1 slot gone.

Bidding not budding.

Ryan and the owners are holding out for the best deal.
SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 3:49pm
Vega Magic will be first up in the bletchingly which promises to be a cracker of a race. I would be surprised if he didn't get a slot given he should have won last year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>