Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2018 Gold Coast Magic Millions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 8:03pm
Has anyone have an opinion of the Sizzling stock, nice one had first start at Gos. today, Burbank is his name, really good type 2nd.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:50am
Lot 480 Snitzel/Admirelle  - Phoenix Tbreds/Aquis/Yulong/Ciaron Maher B/S $1.6m
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 1:35pm
Lot 591 Redoute's Choice/Cat By The Tale Colt, Gary Moore $1m
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 2:40pm
Lot 624 I Am Invincible/Commanding Jewel Colt,  $1.45m
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 2:49pm
That was one of my top picks Dizzy.Bit dear for the yearling Comp though!
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

He is lovely. She Will Reigns half up now.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Dizzy Dizzy wrote:

Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

He is lovely. She Will Reigns half up now.

Went for $325k

Lot 647 Pierro/Dance Card Colt, James Harron $1.05m
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:15pm
Did anyone get a look at 639. I note passed in very cheaply.

Poor legs?
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:17pm
Ditto 503
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:26pm
bother I was hoping to get the Olympic Glory-Downtown Manhattan at a good price.  $600K to Japan pushes that one out of the stable!
JoanFerguson View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoanFerguson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:26pm
These sales are outrageously dodgy
Who in their right mind spends that amount of money on a baby horse???
It’s just unimaginable how this industry operates
Look at all the horses ended up at Echuca or dead in paddocks at Mount eliZa

Why didn’t they give them the $2 million to save the ones they already have????
It’s a joke we just throw them out and buy new ones

Outrageously unimaginable
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:33pm
That is a wide sweeping statement JF.  Bit like I heard this morning all boarding schools should be closed due to the likelihood of bullying.  Well I was bullied in a normal school.  

There are good and bad owners.  More of the first kind than the second.  Same as there are good parents and some parents who should never of had children.  Yes I can't believe the money spent on some of these horses but obviously the money is there to spend.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:37pm
Yes Shrunk, Lot 503 looked a $400,000 yearling on pedigree.  Must have had a significant weakness or awful X-rays.  The lot was offered on behalf of Bob Peters from WA, and purchased by the Parnhams also from WA so a likely a buy-back I'd say.

As for 639, Hallowed Crown has been a hard breeding-barn sell for Arrowfield and this might now be the case with his yearlings.  Maybe it's the Street Sense aspect because you'd be hard pressed to fault his bottom half.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:43pm
Darley has Hallowed Crown SC.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 4:50pm
My bad Furious, particularly given I was momentarily looking at HC for Duty With Honour.  Embarrassed

Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 5:03pm
Lot 686 I am Invincible/Electric Dreams Colt, James Harron $1.9m
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 5:09pm
I'm getting very frustrated families which I've had lots of luck with and have even occassionally got for under $100K are all selling over $500K with a few over the 1 1/2 million which is just plain silly.  I've got to go investigate some new families.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

I'm getting very frustrated families which I've had lots of luck with and have even occassionally got for under $100K are all selling over $500K with a few over the 1 1/2 million which is just plain silly.  I've got to go investigate some new families.

That will be easy for you furious, like going from one room to another, not as if you have to go o/s , let me know what you come up with so I can see where your heading.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:28pm
Lot 733 Snitzel/Flidais Filly, Inglis/Kelly/Frampton $1.8m
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 8:58am
That's what you think Carioca.  Sometimes you know what a good one out of a family should look like.  But another family can be a totally different type.  We'll see.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 2:51pm
Did Gerry Harvey just put foot in it or did I miss interpret that last bit of the interview.
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:09pm
I thought this was a weak catalog, give credit to MM on getting a very strong buyers bench extraordinary prices
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:33pm
Miss that interview Goldey.  What happened?  When you get over 1000 horses in a catalogue there have to be some second tiers listed.  But the breeders have really got them looking well and that seems to be what sells today.  The cheap lots obviously have issues - but where is all this money coming from?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:55pm
ASX bubbling along nicely, gold on the rise, oil 3 year high, long time since wool looked so healthy, all metals up, companies very healthy, and no pay rises for the workers, the rich are getting richer and it has to find a home , tomatoes plants and poppies on the rise as well, didn't relialise yesty till got home charged 14 dollars for a kilo of snags, guess I won't be putting my hand up any time soon.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 4:24pm
Bugger Australian companies used to have a pretty good record for looking after their staff.  Don't like this modern world very much.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 4:32pm

Miss that interview Goldey.  What happened?  When you get over 1000 horses in a catalogue there have to be some second tiers listed.  But the breeders have really got them looking well and that seems to be what sells today.  The cheap lots obviously have issues - but where is all this money coming from?
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by goldey goldey wrote:

Worth watching!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 4:43pm
Where?
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 4:47pm
The interview with his partner with Hamish.
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 4:47pm
May not be retrievable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic