Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2018 G1 Caulfield Cup 2400m

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 26 minutes ago at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Originally posted by Breeding Above All Breeding Above All wrote:

Why are people tipping Lloyd Horses too? Haven’t we learnt that if they are Melbourne Cup entries and can run the 3200, this is just a warm up.. he doesn’t want the penalty, proven once again with Yucatan bypass

Was Fawkner already holding a MC slot the year he won the CC? But in general you are right, he generally uses this to get them in for Flemington like he did with Green Moon the year he ran 2nd in it.

The year Green Moon placed in the Caulfield Cup was 2011....it was the following year in 2012 that Green Moon won the Melbourne Cup.
It's always good when a WA horse does well in the Eastern States or abroad.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

scamanda View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scamanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 31 minutes ago at 4:26pm

I give Youngstar 0 chance to win.. Against the big boys no hope

Is this the same Youngstar that raced past KWD last start? KWD looks to be too have come back more as a 2000m horse than a 2400m horse.

Anyway this is how I see it.
Youngstar and KWD are the 2 best weighted imo. But if Jaameh gets a run then he could well blow them all away.

Most of the internationals have to carry more weight than the Aussie horses, and are very capable.
But they are used to carrying 60kgs against others with 60kgs.

Best Solution gets top weight 57.5kgs with Sound Check and Duretto both weighted to beat him on their last meetings. Duretto especially.

Homesman is the best of Lloyds horses. Melham riding and his Caul Stakes run was merely a pipe opener.

Youngstar to win. Light weight ,top jockey and peaking for this after her 2nd to Winx.
KWD, Homesman, Duretto next in no particular order.

Jaameh if he gets a run. 

I started with nothing and still have most of it left
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 hours 44 minutes ago at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Why are people tipping Lloyd Horses too? Haven’t we learnt that if they are Melbourne Cup entries and can run the 3200, this is just a warm up.. he doesn’t want the penalty, proven once again with Yucatan bypass

Was Fawkner already holding a MC slot the year he won the CC? But in general you are right, he generally uses this to get them in for Flemington like he did with Green Moon the year he ran 2nd in it.

The year Green Moon placed in the Caulfield Cup was 2011....it was the following year in 2012 that Green Moon won the Melbourne Cup.

Not sure what that has to do with my point, Lloyd as I said ran him in the CC to try qualify for the MC.
Breeding Above All View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeding Above All Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 hours 57 minutes ago at 10:00pm

Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Not sure what that has to do with my point, Lloyd as I said ran him in the CC to try qualify for the MC.

Williams wanted to Sell Fawner because he wasn’t a Melbourne Cup horse and at the last minute the sale fell through.. they decided to target Caulfield Cup because of that. Lloyd wants Melbourne Cups. His horses will be running on..
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 16 minutes ago at 9:41am
Im starting to change my mind for the Caulfield Cup.

I had The Cliffsofmoher on top.

Something bothers me about the race this year.
I think the swoopers are going to be too far back.

I keep watching the replay of the 2018 AJC Derby.
Ace High is so bloody tough.
He and Levendi streeted the field, and Ace High looked like he could do another lap.

If Ace High corners anywhere near the lead in the Caulfield Cup, lets say 3 lengths from the lead, you can just see him chiming in at the 400m, lengthening, and getting a gap from the field and being too hard to run down.
Those coming from the back, are going to have to run a very very serous race to catch Ace High at the 100m

Somewhere within the final furlong, Ace High is going to look the winner.
In fact, I simply dont think they will catch him. He will be the winner.

At around $13, plus odds boosting, maybe $15/$16, he is the value bet.
You just know he is going to keep going.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 15 minutes ago at 9:42am
Originally posted by Mr Grieves Mr Grieves wrote:

I think that may or may not apply for the Macedon Lodge horses but I'd be shocked if Cliffs Of Moher wasn't wound up and there to win. He ticks every box for mine, perfect lead up on Saturday.  Clear top pick.

Agree with this. I think that was a strong race last week and that was a perfect trial coming out of it. Seen enough internationals over the years put in an eye catcher like that first up in Australia before winning (or at least running very well) at their next.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 36 minutes ago at 11:21am
A gentle word of warning too.
Dont be so fast to rule a line through outsiders in the Caulfield Cup.

Just some off the top of my head.

1996; ARCTIC SCENT  $60

1998 TAUFAN'S MELODY $80.  LISA'S GAME ran 2nd at $80

2008: ALL THE GOOD:  $40  NOM DU JEU ran 2nd at $40

2009: VIEWED  $40

2010: DESCARADO $40.  HARRIS TWEED ran 2nd at $40.

2017: BOOM TIME $100

and in between those years, others paid upward of $8, many of them $15 and $20
Dunaden paid well too, as did Railings and Admire Rakti. I think Fawkner was big odds too??

The shorter ones were Sky Heights at $5,  Mongolian Khan at $5. Mummify at $5. Northerly at $4

Ethereal was around $8, although $10 was available at the track that day.

So the race is more than capable of producing $15 plus winners, and even large quinellas have been achieved.

So if you glance at a horse paying over $40, dont be too quick to rule it out.

Now having said that, the top 4 in market will run the box first 4. LOL.

MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 minutes ago at 11:38am
The big players have drawn perfectly.

Youngstar in 10.
Kings Will Dream in 6.

No idea what l'm going to do with this race. 3 days of intense form study to come up with something.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic