Join up at Crownbet - Click here - Crownbet is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Competitions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2017 Yearling Competitions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Campaspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 2:23pm
I don't normally go into this price range - even with a hypothetical $1m to spend I tend to look for the cheap ones! But I just love this Written Tycoon colt, Lot 150. I love the stable he's gone to. I love that he's out of a Redoute's mare. I love that he's VOBIS so eligible for all of those extra dollars.

MM Lot 150 Written Tycoon x Lady Bligh colt - $440,000 McEvoy Mitchell Racing.
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Crownbet.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 3:12pm
Yep had it marked but will not be in my stable.  Too hard to get that back.  Even the good ones take a time to get that.
Campaspe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Campaspe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 3:28pm
Agreed, Furious, but I just couldn't resist this one.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 3:43pm
Yes some of them just get under your skin.  Good Luck with him.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 4:05pm
I just spotted this rare combo of Without Fear & his sister Blue Sash 4 x 4 Big smile

Experience is something you gain a few minutes after you could have used it!
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 4:49pm
Hmm, have 2 Dundeel's marked from the MM and was willing to go to $650-700k about the Miss Finland know it would be popular, but 900k blows me out of the water!!
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 5:09pm
Did land this one to kick off my yearling comp stable though

Lot 210 Dundeel x Matilda's Dance- Buyer Anthony Freedman $60 000
https://group1selections.wordpress.com/
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 6:30pm
Yep marked that - although it wasn't on the original dundeel list. Nice type.    I'm still having to work down to final picks though.

But guys can you keep these till you have a full stable.  It will be easier to sort through instead of one here and one there.  I don't keep the main stable but do a backup for if we miss any.  Easier to cross referrence and this one here and one on page 20 and 25 etc makes it down right difficult.  Just keep a list on a computor yourselves and when you decide your stable is right load it for us all to see.  No mention has been made thatwe can't have doubles so shouldn't be a problem if a few of us match up.  More fun when they come good anway.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 6:35pm
Doubles more than welcome as it's less work for those of us who track. But not in the Bargain comp. Which I will open a thread for tomorrow.... first in gets tge pick.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 6:52pm
so many to pick from , this year is going to be so hard to pick
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:03pm
Dizzy could you put me down for Lot 100 All American .
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 5:27am
Originally posted by goldey goldey wrote:

I can and have, but can everyone please keep track of their own picks as well?
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 5:35am
Originally posted by Dizzy Dizzy wrote:

Originally posted by goldey goldey wrote:

I can and have, but can everyone please keep track of their own picks as well?

I will formalise asap
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 5:39am
Goldey can you keep a list and post when you have your stable please.  That list should include sire dam lot number (sale) price or reserve is not sold.  That makes Dizzy's and anyone else doing the lists easier.  The above information isn't enough.  So when you sort your stable out it should read

MM100  All American  Hussterics  $160,000

Then she doesn't have to look up all the facts.  Where there are quiet a few of us in the comp it all adds up.

Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 6:39am
Okay everyone - please post your picks in the threads I have opened for each comp.

Please be aware that there will be no duplicates in the Bargain Comp.

The comps will close 30th June.
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 6:53am
Do you require us to post the purchasers name? or just the Sale, Lot, Sire/Dam and Price
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 7:12am
Sale, Lot, Sire/Dam and Price - and purchaser please.  Big smile
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 7:58am
Too easyThumbs Up
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2017 at 8:07pm
I'd be happy also to snap up lot 312 also for the reserve of 80 k.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic