Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by filling out the web form on our Home Page. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2017 Dead Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

celeb no 2 gone (minor one)...Peter Sarstedt at 75...always liked that song "Where Do You Go To My Lovely?" (the follow up "Frozen Orange Juice" wasn't so good..)

but no-one had him...

Knew the song, didn't know the artist ... about 1,000/1 to be on anyone's list, apart from the die hard form students ... Embarrassed

famous singing family...brother is Eden Kane (Boys Cry), younger brother also a singer..

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 7:34pm

Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

celeb no 2 gone (minor one)...Peter Sarstedt at 75...always liked that song "Where Do You Go To My Lovely?" (the follow up "Frozen Orange Juice" wasn't so good..)

but no-one had him...

Knew the song, didn't know the artist ... about 1,000/1 to be on anyone's list, apart from the die hard form students ... Embarrassed

famous singing family...brother is Eden Kane (Boys Cry), younger brother also a singer..

Ah gelati just saw this. I exchanged a few emails with him years back after drunkenly sending him an email about how "One More Frozen Orange Juice" was my parents' love song and I'd just heard it on the radio that day! I looked it up on the net and found an email address and thought I'd send a forgotten 60s dude a message about how he'd influenced people in a good way. I thought it was just a nice gesture, but it turned into deep and meaningful conversations about songwriting! He thought he was an under appreciated Dylan/ Cat/ Leonard, poor bugger. Nice guy though.

Sad to hear. Can someone link the orange juice song?
"She's going through a growth phase." - GW
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 7:44pm

Peter Sarstedt - Frozen Orange Juice (1969) - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCm33IQTX3E
Apr 24, 2012 - Uploaded by YCSMusic2
Peter Sarstedt - Frozen Orange Juice (1969). YCSMusic2. 
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 7:46pm
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2017 at 8:03pm
Ah thanks. A killer for me because I know my parents and it was their lovesong, cheesy as it is. My mum had just left the convent and my dad was a playboy. "You rescue me, I rescue you." That's why I wrote to him. (I wouldn't share that with many people, but an internet forum is a "safe space" )
"She's going through a growth phase." - GW
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2017 at 10:42am
Gone at 84 , Anthony Armstrong Jones.  Husband to Princess Margaret ,  talented photographer and architect, and champion of the disabled. 
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 19 minutes ago at 12:21am
Gee, it seems to have been a "slow" year so far ... anyone close to a "winner" yet?
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic