Join up at Sportsbet - Click here

Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page - Australia's Premier Online Horse Racing Community. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. Also follow @Villagebet on Twitter for racing tips. Sign up for the village newsletter by clicking here: Newsletter Signup. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2017 Dead Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 9:25am
Prince George of Cambridge- longshot speculator.Embarrassed
Sponsored Links
Click here to grab your bonuses when you join up with Sportsbet.

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 9:27am
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 10:41am
Thanks PT, you always seem to come up with the goods.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 9:56am
Anyone got Bert Newton? Rushed to hospital with pneumonia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 10:11am
#FAKENEWS LOL

Released today and home Looked fine on the news coverage with a beer in front of him and several grandchildren entertaining him

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 10:16am
Not fake just old, should have read the whole article. Apologies for getting anyone excited.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 10:23am
He was admitted 2 days ago and released today, but the febrile media are just now reporting the hospitalisation with headlines of family being called and such alarmist headlines
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 3:30pm
Interesting to me seeing how widely recognised Chuck Berry was during his lifetime. I always thought he should have been up there with Elvis but was disregarded a lot because in his early days racism was still rampant and he had a pretty shocking history of personal issues etc. Good to see that he won so many awards and was praised so highly even before his death. But I still think he's never gotten enough credit for his lyrics - absolute genius at stringing words together and coming up with hook lyrics. He crossed more boundaries than just rock n roll - there was a bit of country, a bit of blues, even a bit of rap before it was called rap. He might have been inspired by Blues guys before him but he made it accessible to the straight whites for the first time, and without him there'd be no Elvis, Beatles, Dylan, Hendrix etc. Genius.

If the links work, check out Too Much Monkey Business (in 1956!!) followed by the better known Subterranean Homesick Blues by Dylan.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DHvKPcV6MxyQ&ved=0ahUKEwjQvtifueTSAhUHllQKHV3-CdIQtwIIazAJ&usg=AFQjCNGOnPt598s9y51u0H3KiHpTWbXokQ&sig2=_-oXhtehN4JMTS8YgomRnQ

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DMGxjIBEZvx0&ved=0ahUKEwir1afPuuTSAhUnjFQKHVRcA9IQo7QBCBkwAA&usg=AFQjCNEwiQfejGATzKfsU0Gaw41uLfbO7A&sig2=EY6mMkgEMRQoZ3M66DqGVQ

"She's going through a growth phase." - GW
Flight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 6:47am
Originally posted by Flight Flight wrote:

OK.  I'll play.

In no particular order of exit.....

David Rockefeller Snr
Billy Graham
Michael J Fox
Jimmy Carter
Ernie Sigley
Lindsay Lohan
Justin Bieber
Charlie Sheen
David Hasselhoff/Hoff
Roger Rogerson

And a special mention to Emperor Akihito and Prince Philip.

This really is a very macabre game.

Wink

Got one.  May he rest in peace.

My hyperlink is not working.....

“The probability of a certain set of circumstances coming together in a meaningful (or tragic) way is so low that it simply cannot be considered mere coincidence. ”
― V.C. King
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 9:27am
Well down Flight!
And RIP David Rockefeller. I'm glad to hear that he wasn't eaten by cannibals.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 10:27pm
Awesome job FlightThumbs Up ... not sure that the Rockefeller family are thrilled, but, meh ...
Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to. Col. Jessep: You want answers? Kaffee: I want the truth! Col. Jessep: You can't handle the truth!
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2017 at 9:18am
I am loathe to say this in case I am a jinx, but one would suspect dear old Subby wont be with us much longer ?  I hope he proves me wrong here .
No,,not Subastral , Wink  .  Subzero . I see him on TV last week.  What an old marvel but crips he looks a bit crocherty now. Cry  However, if love and care  can keep him going,  he will live to 100.
What an amazing pair they are.  

animals before people.
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I am loathe to say this in case I am a jinx, but one would suspect dear old Subby wont be with us much longer ?  I hope he proves me wrong here .
No,,not Subastral , Wink  .  Subzero . I see him on TV last week.  What an old marvel but crips he looks a bit crocherty now. Cry  However, if love and care  can keep him going,  he will live to 100.
What an amazing pair they are.  

I saw a doco a while back and Graham who looks after him has said he hopes he goes before Sub.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 2:30pm
Twitter is reporting Prince Philip has dropped off the perch following news of an emergency meeting called at Buckingham Palace.

Either that or news has reached there of Malcolm Turnbull considering Tony Abbott for the position of Governor General
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 3:13pm
Palace have denied the reports but we will see what the so called 'emergency meeting" is about.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 3:18pm
Just talked to #BuckinghamPalace press office. No comment on reports of urgent summit. "Her Majesty and Prince Philip are alive and well."
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 3:49pm
Amusing comment

Bev Reese Gray @BevReese 29m29 minutes ago

Why is #BuckinghamPalace having an emergency meeting? Is it to take US back? Oh please, oh please! We'll pay back taxes on our tea! Promise

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 7:02pm
Abdication
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Abdication

Seems most likely. Donu know this?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 7:15pm
Nah just saw it's Philip retiring.

Time to roll out some of his infamous remarks, maybe in the Do I Offend You thread.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Abdication

will never happen...

Chucky might die waiting...

Dead
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

This is f**king terrible.

None of that is terrible ...

You should try it sometime ....Big smile
I wonder if Common Sense . >
Will ever make a comeback.
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by saintly96 saintly96 wrote:

Kirk Douglas
Vera Lynne
Stan Lee
Olivia Da Haviland
Robert Mugabe
Bob Dole
Jerry Lewis
George Bush Snr
Jimmy Carter
Ian Brady

Ian Brady died.....nobody should miss him.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 1:13pm
Good riddance 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 1:31pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 3:36pm
Just a shame he never led them to the last body.    That family will never know where their son is.
As for Brady.  Good riddance to rubbish.  Shame he didnt die years ago.
And her !!  OMG what sort of thing was she Sick
animals before people.
Flight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 4:17pm
Well done saintly.  We just need a few more scum bags to join him.

“The probability of a certain set of circumstances coming together in a meaningful (or tragic) way is so low that it simply cannot be considered mere coincidence. ”
― V.C. King
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 4:20pm
well he was a human being, his mother loved him
Winner of the TBV Champion Tipster Award
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

How do you know that ?   Have you seen anywhere that his mother said that ??
For mine, he wasnt at all human .  No human does what he did.  

animals before people.
djebel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2017 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

How do you know that ?   Have you seen anywhere that his mother said that ??
For mine, he wasnt at all human .  No human does what he did.  

Sadly too many humans do what he did.

Domestic Cats are probably the only other species capable of such cruelty.

STRIKE WHILST THE IRON IS HOT

reductio ad absurdum

The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic