Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Harness Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2013 Victoria cup - Melton

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2013 Victoria cup - Melton
    Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 6:39pm
Race 8 SEW-EURODRIVE VICTORIA CUP (GROUP 1) 9:27 PM Print this race
M0 Or Better. * The winner of the following races in 2013 will be exempt from ballot for this race - New Zealand Free For All, Miracle Mile, Popular Alm Free For All and Cranbourne Pacing Cup. * This race is a leg of the Pacers Grand Circuit. * Acceptance Fee - $2, 000. * Stakemoney of $3, 375 per horse to be paid to the 6th to 12th placegetters respectively. RBD. Prizemoney: $400,000
2240 METRES 2ND LEG DAILY DOUBLE, 4TH LEG QUADDIE, 6TH LEG BIG6 MOBILE START
  Form Horse Trainer Other Eng. Driver   Class  Hcp
1 11093 BITOBLISS Add to Blackbook S C Stewart
Scott Stewart
C17 M10  FR1
2 71201 WARTIME SWEETHEART NZ Add to Blackbook D Aiken
David Aiken
C13 M5  FR2
3 35384 CARIBBEAN BLASTER Add to Blackbook A P Gath
Kate Gath
C19 M11  FR3
4 12116 RESTREPO Add to Blackbook E J Stewart
Gavin Lang
C11 M4  FR4
5 42415 SMOKEN UP NZ Add to Blackbook L J Justice
Lance Justice
C62 M55  FR5
6 11214 IM VICTORIOUS NZ Add to Blackbook M G Brennan
Justin Prentice
C17 M9  FR6
7 s2511 THE GOLD ACE NZ Add to Blackbook B J McCarthy
Andy McCarthy
C15 M8  FR7
 ---------- Second Row ---------- 
8 67938 MAH SISH NZ Add to Blackbook T G Butt
Anthony Butt
C12 M4  SR1
9 21123 FOR A REASON Add to Blackbook B J McCarthy
Luke McCarthy
C16 M5  SR2
10 8s642 TERRORWAY NZ Add to Blackbook J P McCarthy
John McCarthy
C17 M10  SR3
11 11111 BEAUTIDE Add to Blackbook J R Rattray
James Rattray
C30 M6  SR4
12 13232 ABETTORPUNT (Em 1) Add to Blackbook D M Lewis Melton 14/12/2013 Matthew Craven
C15 M6  SR-
13 19372 CHRISTEN ME NZ Add to Blackbook C T Dalgety
Dexter Dunn
C16 M9  SR5
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2013 at 6:41pm
Not that I follow this code that much but they are a good bunch this season, this field is a cracker..

I like Mah Shish as rank ruffy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 5:57pm
Think I'll back both I'm Victorious and Mah Sish ew here this week, and I'll throw a few others in a trifecta and see how we go..

I liked I'm Victorious last start in the MM, showed some ticker and the step up in distance at this stage might suit, Mah Sish did not get any room locked away on the pegs last start.

Loved Christen me in the MM, but seemed weak at line, using this, surely the extra trip here and off the back row makes it ahrd for him to figure.

Nothing wrong with Beautide's win in the MM, he was strong on the line and is tough as boots, he will need to be from the draw this week, and winning form at the highest level is good enough usually, he might be the key runner to throw around as a banker in exotics..

my top 4

I'm Victorious
Mah Sish
Beautide
Restrepo

Grinnersawinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 5:17pm
Great field. With no standout in the grand circuit ranks I think it might come down to luck in running. So from the draw Bitobliss is the most likely to get a good run. Only two who may be capable of being standouts on grand circuit are Beautide and Christen Me. Both top animals but one will likely have to give other a cart up and be sitting duck.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 6:25pm
Gareth hall tells me he likes Beautide and The Gold Ace..

Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 7:12pm
i'll go no 8 mah sish e/w

fair chance he lobs 3 back the fence..
trailing smoken up + bitobliss, they'll get him halfway down the straight
at least before compounding.. close enough for him to 
zip along the sprint lane late + make a dive late 

form this season hasn't been great - but was good 2 runs back +
had no hope the way the race was run in the cran cup last start giving them a mile 
head start off a dawdling pace. 

goes well at melton 

50/1 atm 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 5:19pm
jesus I'm Victorious is overs at...$21..?

whats the deal there Grinners..???

mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 5:36pm
fiddlebum trainer is not a big name compared to the others an has not been found of doping unlike half the field haha
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 6:38pm
FF$ I took a boxed exacta at melton race 6
1,3,5,8 for two units...and that was the first four across the line...Pig
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 6:43pm
What are you backing Mowiefly...??

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 6:53pm
Jees if you like one there is some great value...

Terrorway, just looked at it's replays...never got a crack at them at Cranbourne...
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 6:53pm
the winner Caribbean blaster restrepo lead all the way an get done a lip
mah sish great shot at odds but you like it so won't back it
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 7:00pm
So Restrepo will lead...
mowie View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 7:09pm
should smoke across so to speak with the old boy smoken up with him... outside speed aswell so CB an bitobliss will get a good box seat run
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 7:34pm
Of all the runs in the MM I liked I'm Victorious and For a Reason...and of course I backed the one that collapsed out the back and is looking for an inhaler...Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 8:22pm
Don't understand how you liked runs of Victorious and FAR the most from Mile. FAR leaders back, Beautide went straight past him. Victorious had Beautides back and couldn't keep up.

Anyway, well done FAR.

Lance a disgusting drive. gold Ace stuck on well. Terrorway being renamed Terrorintheway by connections of Beautide and Christen Me!!! Big run Carribean Blaster!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2013 at 8:22pm
Best drive and run of the race won it.
Ecair Issoire View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecair Issoire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 2:34am
i agree grinners

cb was great + the best drive got the choccies
but credit to FAR..right place @ the right time but good
enough to take advantage.

bitobliss was pathetic after getting the right run, (as was mah sish whom i backed).
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2013 at 5:06am
That awkward moment where you cheer FAR on thinking you have it in the quad and then realise you don't have it nat all!

Trigger ruined it for Gold Ace. Questions have to be asked about hat he was on when he won in sub 1:50 a few weeks back. Drivers on Beautide and Christen Me clueless had to get their horses into the race earlier than that.
itere1215 View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itere1215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2013 at 9:48am
Isactuallyverylikelythisherstopneverastonishmanyfolks

Thisyear,thepreviousHannahMontanasuperstarcanadagoosejacketsendedupbeingvideotapedsmokingCanadaGooseParkacomingfromabong.Thisgirltoldmeoftenthechemicalonthebongistheauthorizedpillsalviafollowingaonlinevideobroughtaboutanewscandal.StillWomensPradaHandbagsadifferentvideosappearedayearlaterofwhichincludedfinally,theartisthappilydiscussingsheisasastoner.
airedthecompletestraight-forwardstuntonthisoccasionThatitismostlikelywhichwillyourexstopstilldidnotjoltmanyDoyouconsiderthatwillMiley'sEMAstttttt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic