Join up at Bet Easy - Click here - Bet Easy is Thoroughbred Village’s premier betting partner - Join here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Harness Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click here for the Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2010 Miracle Mile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2010 Miracle Mile
    Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 7:37pm
Saturday 27 November, Menangle

1 - Rohan Home
2 - Blacks A Fake
3 - Monkey King
4 - Karloo Mick (2nd Res)
5 - Smoken Up
6 - Villagem
7 - Washakie
8 - Make Mine Cullen
9 - Lady Lexus (1st Res)
10 - Mr Feelgood
Sponsored Links
Click here to view the promotions at Bet Easy.

andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2010 at 8:16pm
Monkey King probably wins, I'd love to see a big run from Blackie though...go son!
Grinnersawinner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 10:40am
Here would be my market. Without having read the form just off the top of my head.

$2.80 Monkey King
$3.50 Blacks A Fake
$5.50 Mr Feelgood
$7 Villagem
$9 Smoken Up
$17 Washakie
$21 Make Mine Cullen
$51 Rohan Home
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 10:42am
Handle bars down Lance , charge
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 10:44am
May I take some of the 7's on offer for Villagem? Won't see that on raceday will we?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 10:49am
Of course with fixed odds I am on par with Bookies and the TAB and need to take out a bigger percentage. That brings the odds down to $3. Haha.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 10:49am
And just looked at the TAB fixed odds now. Surprised they have them out this early.

Villagem $7 would you believe it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 10:50am
Basically same market as mine but Smoken Up and Mr Feelgood reversed and BAF bought in to cover their extra %.
Shakamaker View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Grinnersawinner Grinnersawinner wrote:

Here would be my market. Without having read the form just off the top of my head.

What form do you need to read? Surely you're into the trots enough to know each of these horses Geek
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 11:11am
You'd think so but it saves second guessing by at least having a read over it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 11:29am
Hey Grinners don't you think the $7 is overs though? Surely he just sits off the lunatics charging up front and steams down the Menangle straight? I reckon he is bet of the year.
Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 11:34am
Ricky May won't be charging up front  Thumbs Up
He's Not Heavy,It's My Brother
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 11:43am

I can't see anything other then BAF or Monkey King winning.

If Lance doesnt pressure excessively then BAF should have enough left to hold them off. If Lance pressures excessively then Ricky May just needs an average drive and Monkey King will be winning. 

But by all means if you think Villagem can win then back him and I'll be cheering for you if he gets up. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 12:46pm
It's not that cut and dried.
Let's say BAF leads from SU, RH pegs and MK 1x1, now if VG goes 3 wide down the back and is trailled up by MF or W, where's Ricky May going to go? Can't see V dropping off in a hurry, also can't see Ricky pulling out in front of anything coming 3 wide at the half mile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 12:54pm
If Villagem leads the three wide line he wont be running past BAF, and whoever is on Vs back will be running past him. If Ricky May has any memory of the ID he will drive MK just as Rasmussen drove BAF.
MJay91 View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJay91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 7:40pm
Blackie leads with smoken up in the death .. monkey king gets same run as last year and ricky may can just sit on lances back and push out at the 250 and try and out zip them, if lance takes BAF on than I think Monkey King can win, if not BLACKIE all day
he finally gets the draw to go to the front and just smash em, i hope to god he does
Mr Feelgood cant be dismissed but in my opinion how can he can a longer price than Villagem, no doubt villagem a future star but the way Mr Feelgood has been going $6.50 is good value
GO BLACKIE THO!!!
The only time a horse should kick, is at the 400.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2010 at 8:21pm

If Mr Feelgood goes back he relying on a hot tempo. That means Monkey King gets the dream run. How can MrF run him down?

If Mr F goes forward to the death he would have used more energy than BAF. How can he then run past BAF at the end?
dishlicker View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dishlicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 6:44pm
I have a feeling Luke might cut the ribbons early on Mr feelgood...hope he does
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2010 at 8:02pm
Go champ. BAF for me.
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 7:16pm
I was on the champ...he ran his heart out, desperately close. He's still a freak.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 7:26pm
Well what an amazing win by an amazing horse sitting outside Blackie and running 1:50.4 absolutely crazy.
Two champs eyeballing each other for practically the entire trip, sensational stuff.
Smoken never knows when to give up, once again he got beaten off and came again, amazing.

I still prefer a Harold Park Miracle Mile though on the old track over the 1609, some fantastic clashes over the years that are priceless
horseshoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horseshoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 7:26pm
What a great run by Smoken Up......Well Done Lance! Finally cracked it for a big one - very well deserved!
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 7:35pm
Awesome by Smoken Up.

BAF obviously past his prime. Not the best drive by Rasmussen - worried by Lance and held Blackie too hard in the 2nd quarter and running home that quick isnt his go - but he would have won that 12 months ago.

The question is how much will Victoria dominate the grand circuit next season. Trigger, Melpark, Villagem, MMC, Bonavista Bay!

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grinnersawinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Pardon_My_Dust Pardon_My_Dust wrote:

May I take some of the 7's on offer for Villagem? Won't see that on raceday will we?
$10 answers you own question.
Blaster View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 7:45pm
SEW EURODRIVE MIRACLE MILE MOBILE PACE - GROUP 1 (Menangle R7) 1609 m
Stake: $500,000 Track: FAST Weather: FINE
#
Name
Jockey/Driver/Trainer
Win
Place
5 Smoken Up Lance Justice 6.30 1.80
2 Blacks A Fake Natalie Rasmussen 1.60
6 Villagem Lisa Miles 2.50
Bet Type
Runners
Dividend
Quinella 2, 5 12.80
Trifecta 5:2:6 142.70
First4 5:2:6:10 469.30
Double 8/5 127.30
Double 8/2 68.20
Quaddie 4/11/8/5 756.80
ALSO RAN:
10-Mr Feelgood-Luke McCarthy(n/aL),
8-Make Mine Cullen-Daryl Douglas(n/aL),
3-Monkey King-Ricky May(n/aL),
1-Rohan Home-Gavin Fitzpatrick(n/aL),
7-Washakie-John McCarthy(n/aL).
Note: Numbers shown are the distance from winner in lengths.
Winning Margins: 1/2 hd, 1-1/2L, 1/4L
Owners: A P Kay, P G Gadsby, A B Bonney, M J Van Rens, R J Kay, V Ma
Trainer: Lance Justice, Melton
Breeding: 8 g Tinted Cloud (USA)-Carnlough Bay
Scratched: 4-Karloo Mick, 9-Lady Lexus.
SUB: 3
Winners Time: 1:50.30
He's Not Heavy,It's My Brother
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 9:29pm
[QUOTE=Nocturnal] Handle bars down Lance , charge [/QUOTE what if she handed up he may have broken 1 50]
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shakamaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2010 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

Not hard to hit the quote button without stuffing it up Noccy LOL
Well done Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 4:52am

Actually got $12 on Betfair. Mammoth run only horse to make ground. Mr Feelgood was huge in defeat as well.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 5:00am
Originally posted by Shakamaker Shakamaker wrote:

Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

Not hard to hit the quote button without stuffing it up Noccy LOL

Well done Wink

Lol Shaka iPhone x beerxpenisfingers =that mess   
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2010 at 5:09am

Actually got $12 on Betfair. Mammoth run only horse to make ground. Mr Feelgood was huge in defeat as well.

Villagem closing last quarter must have been low flying , anyone know what it was?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic