Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2010 Foal Gallery (now yearlings)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 4:57pm
thanks Guys, hoping all goes well tomorrow. Bill rang me late yesterday from the sale site and said there had been heaps of interest. they are fair dinkum flying . Barry's won fantastically today and he says she shouldn't be doing this . bred to get distance and not a two year old. straight to the paddock after today and expecting a better three year old. I am not sure if it is online however I imagine it will be. it could even by broadcast on the tasracing ON DEMAND site.

she is flashy and if she happened to come home due to not reaching her reserve I wouldn't be too sad....
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 5:02pm
I don't know if I want her to sell fantastically or pass in...

Best of luck slowdown.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 6:53pm
Cheers Dizzy. We will know in less than twenty four hours.
Rebel - racing. Lionel - in work. Glory - spelling. Ray - spelling. A Wee Nip - in work.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2019 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Have some recent updates for you and others AA.

a. Shaun's filly (i) is very much on the small side, (ii) has brands on both shoulders and (iii) is well within herself; whilst
b. Shaun himself (i) is very much on the large side, (ii) has tatts on both shoulders and (iii) is currently  sh1tting bricks.

Fingers crossed for all concerned.

Ummmmm,,,,,Confused  you know all this for fact ??     Shocked   You seen Shaun  recently ??   
Having seen Shaun, in the flesh,  I know he isnt on the large size ,,he is just a normal size bloke,,,,
No idea about tatts,,,,,Cry whats that got to do with things anyway ????
And I reckon he wont be gelatiting bricks when his filly sells well. 
SC,,you are a bit nasty arnt you ??

animals before people.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 3:11am
All good Acacia, just friends having a dig in jest. looking forward to a good day.. just got to get through that pain in the ass thing called work and then off to the sale....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:05am
LOL,  all good then. LOL It sounded like a description of someone else tho ?Confused Hope the bricks have passed by now Cry
animals before people.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:24am
good stuff. no nerves. what will be will be. just hope i dont get called back to work prior to her selling. 
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:25am
Originally posted by slowdown slowdown wrote:

good stuff. no nerves. what will be will be. just hope i dont get called back to work prior to her selling. 
Just tell work you have to go to the toilet!!
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:34am
I can leave but I am on call. Plant just started back up today after a month long shutdown. Not too confident😬
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 10:39am
Bugga  !! 
animals before people.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 2:06pm
Not bad at all Slowdown. Hope your pleased.  Very sensible in the ring also.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 2:22pm
congratulations SD, Good result but sad she has gone no doubt?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 2:22pm
Am sure Slowdown will be pleased, if a trifle wistful.

Here's an exchange of correspondence between us.  Am sure Shaun won't mind:

Sent by : Slowdown

Cheers Al and Cheryl, between you and I size is against her. I am going over to see her this arvo. Nice type but very small. if she doesn't reach a decent price we will keep her. She is nicknamed Turbo. Reckon they are on the money given the cross of speed. Cheers

Sent by : Second Chance

Mate there's no way Classic will affect your sale: different target audience.  Provided she presents well you'd be entitled to expect a winning bid in excess of $50k and maybe as high as $80k imo.  

Sent by : slowdown

Thanks for that Mate, it all makes sense. Just hope it doesn't affect our sale with so many cheapies over that way. we can only hope she sells well. she has the best page of the N.F. foals so we can only hope she creates interest. 

Cheers Shaun
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 2:28pm
Well a mainland buyer so she coming here to represent Tasmania.  She outsold quite a lot of the other Needs Further yearlings also which must leave you feeling pleased.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 2:29pm
Good things come in small packages my Mum always said.   Look at Rory,s Jester !!
How good was that !  And didnt she behave well and look a treat .
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 2:36pm
Don't know a whole lot about Spicer Thoroughbreds, however they did purchase Derby winner Extra Brut and have horses with Chris Waller and Leon Corstens.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 2:45pm
I thought it was Kennewell who bought it. Thats whats on the site.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 2:49pm
Confused .  I heard them say Kennewell bought, and as Furious says, he is on the site as buyer ? 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 3:05pm
My mistake entirely.  Was also interested in Lot 63, a Fiorente colt which sold for $115,000 to Spicer.  Embarrassed

Kennewell is a good home now that the stable is concentrating far more on consistent success rather than setting horses up for a killing as was the case in prior times.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 3:20pm
Saw that lot go thru, and wondered myself who Spicer TBs are ?  Its probably been the top price of the sale ?  ( Havnt looked since lot 99 sold ).
animals before people.
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 3:46pm
Thanks Guys. Really pleased with the result. Armidale really do a great job and it showed today.almost doubled our reserve and will be given every chance with Lloyd
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 5:10pm
Congrat slowdown. Great result!
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2019 at 5:49pm
thanks Dizzy, not bad for my first go at it
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 9:42am
The filly is now named slowdown - Northern Spirit.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 12:45pm
Nice they kept Spirit in the name.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2020 at 7:39pm
Well a couple of us will be glued to watching her,,,,wont we, Dizz ???  LOL
animals before people.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 4:32am
We sure will AA!Thumbs Up
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 8:37pm
Anyone got a recent pic?
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 5:08am
There is a photo on Lloyd Kennewell's website - just not very good...
slowdown View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowdown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 4:57pm
Sorry guys, yes great to see she has been named. Looking forward to seeing her race. Had a call from Armidale a few days ago. the new filly in their opinion is a nicer type so we can only hope the Alpine Eagle's sell well. She has an Alpine Eagle colt on her now. at this stage the nicest of the the three but very early days. Spirit is back in foal to Needs Further. 

Cheers Slowdown
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>